Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeiLover View Post
    It's always the first loading screen for me, they can go as long as 4 - 5 minutes now at their worst. Back in 7.0 and pre-Legion this was not a problem at all, I think 15-20 seconds at most. This has been getting gradualy worse through Legion for me, 7.1 brought the whole thing to a new level.
    This. It's not just dala. Doesn't seem to matter where, it's always on the first login screen for me. I did see it happen sometimes during 7.0 as well but not even remotely close to the frequency I'm getting now. Used to think it was just a slow server response back then. At least Blizz has confirmed it's a bug now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You'll be pleased to know that I haven't given Blizz a cent since last spring, nor do I intend to given the trajectory I'm seeing, nor did I buy the steaming pile called Legion. I do however occasionally still use the product I paid for - as F2P.
    So, you're spending all the time you would normally be playing, sitting around on a fansite for a product, badmouthing said product? Way to contribute to society, sporto.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Takes a few seconds for me.
    Time to buy a new computer maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    It's your PC. Mine take 7-10 seconds? upgrade yo.
    No it's some kind of bug that happens to certain hardware series. Same shit happened on beta, I got sn SSD and tons of RAM on my 2 year old custom built pc, this pc needs 1-2 minutes to load Dalaran. My 7 year old PC without an SSD and far less processing power gets loaded in 10 seconds. Also in patch 7.0.x it was fine, loaded in 5 seconds. Then 7.1 came and loading takes 10x as long or more.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You'll be pleased to know that I haven't given Blizz a cent since last spring, nor do I intend to given the trajectory I'm seeing, nor did I buy the steaming pile called Legion. I do however occasionally still use the product I paid for - as F2P.
    "I don't like this game, I think it's crap, but I'll spend an unhealthy amout of my time on a fansite making sure you know." is not as impressive as you think it is.

try lowering your view distance down to 7-5 range

Deleted
    Currently on my 5y laptop (no ssd of course) and its just baaad, loading sometime just wont happen if I alt tab during the process... siting like 10m on 100% loaded (full blue bar) and just nothing. Also happens when take the Dalaran portal from monks hall ... I just alt+f4 the game and start it again (well 2 days ago raged out and took the adapter cable directly ).

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned many times before in this forum that this is a known issue. I am just putting this here for people who have connection problems which may be unrelated entirely to current known issues. This may help others with undisclosed problems.

http://eu-looking-glass.battle.net/

And:

These you can run in command prompt.

IPCONFIG

Configure IP (Internet Protocol configuration)

Syntax

IPCONFIG /all Display full configuration information.

IPCONFIG /release [adapter]
    Release the IP address for the specified adapter.

IPCONFIG /renew [adapter]
    Renew the IP address for the specified adapter.

IPCONFIG /flushdns Purge the DNS Resolver cache.

IPCONFIG /registerdns Refresh all DHCP leases and re-register DNS names.

IPCONFIG /displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache.

IPCONFIG /showclassid adapter
    Display all the DHCP class IDs allowed for adapter.

IPCONFIG /setclassid adapter [classid]
    Modify the dhcp class id.

Obviously you can try and repair the game, do the standard disc clean up and defragment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is my SSD not good enough for WoW now? Never taken more than a few seconds to zone and now recently it's literally taking me 2+ minutes.

It's literally quicker to just force out of the game and then log back on from scratch.
    In fact, is literally quicker to go flying if you are in Broken Isles, even if you are in Highmountain. The Dalaran loading time is the worst thing I would say from Legion. I have been waiting 1-2 hours the LFR queue (post midnight + alters + DPS life), and port to Dalaran, and even lose the queue like "you didn't respond @#*~ you". FFS, two or three days ago I made a coffee while it was loading.

Reinstall Windows !

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Reinstall Windows !
    And don't forget to turn off your antivirus and plug the internet cable directly into your PC instead of router; then load your Windows in safe mode and see whether the issue is solved or not.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Takes a few seconds for me.
    Time to buy a new computer maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    It's your PC. Mine take 7-10 seconds? upgrade yo.
    Can you even read what I wrote? Should I upgrade my PC cause blizz released a new patch? Cause the day before everything was smooth. Other games work good with far better visuals and more requirements.

No idea if blind, dumb, or just trolling for the sake of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummmm no. Blizzard has even knowledge its on there end.
    If it is on 'there' end, why doesn't it affect most people?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Reinstall Windows !
    Brand new hard drive SSD....brand new install of windows...brand new install of WoW....and no addon's.....and guess what still have issues with longer then normal load times....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If it is on 'there' end, why doesn't it affect most people?
    They talked about this in the last developer Q&A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeJfQHmDEs&t=3261

TL;DR: Doesn't affect everyone, Blizzard is aware - has attempted to fix it, but it's "complex issue"

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Memory is a wonderfull thing isn't it? Raise your hand if you recall the exact same issues when Dalaran was the mainhub during LK! /raise
    I seem to recall it being dubbed 'Lagaran'

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Doesn't affect everyone,
    Ah - so it is at least in part at the user's end. That's all I was saying.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I seem to recall it being dubbed 'Lagaran'
    Some would call that level of nostalgia the good ol' days. I haven't had any issues with this myself, but I have a few guildies who have had similar issues, neither have what could be called a 'pizza box' or 'toaster' for a PC, but they do have lower end connections.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    2 mins? For me its like 5-8 lmao
    hahaha 2 mins for ssd, lucky guy. i better open netflix when tp to dalaran.

5 year old laptop with SSD
    7.0: loading time 3-8 seconds
    7.1: loading time 10-30 seconds
    I guess I'm lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    1tb Samsung 850 Pro here.
    Since the patch, all of my loading times have increased by maybe 1 - 2 seconds.
    The blue bar always stops around 90% then lags for that extra second or two.
    I've experimented with all mods disabled, no difference. Overall
    about 5-10seconds depending on zone. There is something fishy
    but those two extra seconds don't bother me much I suppose =\

I don't understand whats up for those people with an SSD reporting 2-8 minutes, that's insane.