Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Corrupted Ashbringer - large vile slime is TOXIC!

It is horrible thing that promotes toxic gameplay and almost constant camping one spot. How is it fun, it is unhealthy and wrong. Spawn should be regular, you kill it get, and in minute it spawns again. One tjing is to kill boss and have a chance for a drop rate whil eyou do content and the other is waiting for some slime. I'm waiting 3 days already, I can't be there 24h/7d but come on

group finder and server hop = win. The next part is fishing /wrist. If you hate the slim i'd stop now.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Server hop is toxic gameplay by itself
    maybe but it bets sitting in one place for hours upon hours gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    group finder and server hop = win. The next part is fishing /wrist. If you hate the slim i'd stop now.
    I don't even know what these things are that you mentioned. I have lost 2 days of Ap progress because all my time was dedicated to this slime. how Blizzard eveeeen thought about it being a goood idea

I just pretend the ret hidden skin doesn't exist. Meanwhile I was playing on an enhancement shaman alt and the hidden skin drops from a world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I don't even know what these things are that you mentioned. I have lost 2 days of Ap progress because all my time was dedicated to this slime. how Blizzard eveeeen thought about it being a goood idea
    group finder is the built in tool, to wow to find grps, go under custom and see if anyone is hosting a slim grp... when i'm there fishing sometimes if the slim popts up.. i do a grp in the grp finder "ret slim up" and people join kill it and then i end the grp.

Server hop is an addon you can get that helps you bounce from group to group, changing your server / shard/whatever it is now.. and sometimes its up on another server and you can kill it.

and then the fishing part.. yeah... you will lose A LOT more AP progress on that. If AP progress is the main thing for you i'd skip the skin till your weapon is maxed.

It is horrible thing that promotes toxic gameplay and almost constant camping one spot.
    lol I found it in 5 min realm hopping

Take your buzzwords elsewhere.

Deleted
    If you really can't stand the camping, set your alarm a few hours early on reset day and just be there once the servers go online like I did, it'll be up guaranteed, but yeah the fishing after is worse.

It took me 3 weeks to see the slim spawn (with server hop thing, yes), but less than 100 cast to get the shard. RNG... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just get on a flying mount and fly between WPL/EPL, each time it should send you to a random WPL and sooner or later there should be a slime up.

I was lucky as it spawned like the second I got there and it only took me four casts to get the shard, but others have had it worse.

Deleted
    Can we expect another thread saying: "Corrupted Ashbringer - fishing requirement is TOXIC!" next?
    Cause the vile slime is the minor problem here; unless RNG-gods bless you.

It's called setting priorities. You clearly set the skin above AP and now you complain about it.
    When i was working on the skin i never did so; 1st i farmed the AP and then i farmed the skin.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-12-13 at 09:23 AM.

I mentioned it before - there is a legit (not fixed) way to get the yellow skin w/o obtaining the original one. do Withered Army training as prot - get prot skin. kill 1000 idiots in Alterac valley (as prot). enjoy your yellow ashbringer skin.
    Last edited by Useful; 2016-12-13 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    I mentioned it before - there is a legit (not fixed) way to get the yellow skin w/o obtaining the original one. do Withered Army training as prot - get prot skin. kill 1000 idiots in Alterac valley (as prot). enjoy your yellow ashbringer skin.
    Works for 100 WQs or 100 dungeons for other colors also; for either red or purple one.

Deleted
    group finder is the built in tool, to wow to find grps, go under custom and see if anyone is hosting a slim grp... when i'm there fishing sometimes if the slim popts up.. i do a grp in the grp finder "ret slim up" and people join kill it and then i end the grp.

Server hop is an addon you can get that helps you bounce from group to group, changing your server / shard/whatever it is now.. and sometimes its up on another server and you can kill it.

and then the fishing part.. yeah... you will lose A LOT more AP progress on that. If AP progress is the main thing for you i'd skip the skin till your weapon is maxed.
    I know what dungeon finder is but this hop thing is odd thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Can we expect another thread saying: "Corrupted Ashbringer - fishing requirement is TOXIC!" next?
    Cause the vile slime is the minor problem here; unless RNG-gods bless you.

It's called setting priorities. You clearly set the skin above AP and now you complain about it.
    When i was working on the skin i never did so; 1st i farmed the AP and then i farmed the skin.
    well, I want the skin and I have limited gameplay time, so I can't spend a lot, I use it for the skin. it s wrong wrong wrong, the most unfun thing ever!

I'll try not be as toxic as the slime here, but OP and his kind are the reason WoW is like it is today.. "I can only play few hours a week, but I should have everything the people who play 12 hours a day has!!!!11one!! .. is unfair!"

Guess what, if you have limited playtime, you prioritize. Hidden artifact skin is a luxury, which is not needed for anything. If you prio it over AP, that's your choice :-)

Deleted
    Why do you care about AP progress when you're prioritizing looks over performance?

Deleted
    well, I want the skin and I have limited gameplay time, so I can't spend a lot, I use it for the skin. it s wrong wrong wrong, the most unfun thing ever!
    For this step a hopping addon will help you a lot; took me about half an hour to find a realm with a slime once i got it installed. All it takes is you clicking "next group" in succession while staying there.

Just wait till you get to the next part of the quest.
    It took me about 3000 fishing casts to fish up the crystal; and that is in a river, that only gives low level fish.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies; but players reported taking them about 9000 casts.

Most probably: just getting an offspec skin and then unlocking color variants via that is your safest bet.
    Either go farm the holy appearance or the prot appearance and do the "1000 HK" "100WQ" or "100dungeon" parts would be your quickest and surest way.

the rng on withered training is far worse than the fishing for ashbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
    I'll try not be as toxic as the slime here, but OP and his kind are the reason WoW is like it is today.. "I can only play few hours a week, but I should have everything the people who play 12 hours a day has!!!!11one!! .. is unfair!"

Guess what, if you have limited playtime, you prioritize. Hidden artifact skin is a luxury, which is not needed for anything. If you prio it over AP, that's your choice :-)
    i think its more so the desperairty between the skins some are 100% drop (or just buy...) while others take days/weeks of farming... it should all be pretty much equal if one requires an item with .001% drop rate then they all should. if one is 100% then they all should be 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post
    the rng on withered training is far worse than the fishing for ashbringer
    not really at least with it you get AP / rep while farming for it..vs low lvl fish. I could stand fishing in legion zones more than E/WPL ... at least in legion zones the fish could be sold/useful

Deleted
    i think its more so the desperairty between the skins some are 100% drop (or just buy...) while others take days/weeks of farming... it should all be pretty much equal if one requires an item with .001% drop rate then they all should. if one is 100% then they all should be 100%
    Those with 100% drop rate are usually time-gated... so there's a factor of it being frustrating as well.
    I think the only one not including any frustration is the BM-"bow" skin... which kinda frutrated me with how easy it was to obtain; which is the main reason i don't use it on my hunter really.

Unrelated to that: Dorph is right.