Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Hey man, thanks for your response.

Could you give me an example of an application that really stood out?
    What is a good way to catch someone's eye?
    You have to look at it like this, from the perspective of the HRM person/employer: almost everyone has nearly the same degrees/experience/internships on their resume.

I know it sounds stupid, but the easiest way that almost always seems to work is to create an original resume that visually stands out.
    A good example: http://media02.hongkiat.com/beautifu...cv-resumes.jpg
    This works wonders on both older employers/recruiters (they are easily amazed by digital/visual tricks, trust me ) and also on younger recruiters that simply choose this style of resume over the boring old letter you had to learn in school.

Referrals still work well too. Just ask some people you know from a former job or internship to weite one on your linkedin page.
    Linkedin is actually used a lot too these days (at least in the Netherlands) so make sure you have that covered like a pro!

"De aanhouder wint" is absolutely true when it comes to applying for jobs. Also don't be afraid to take a lower skilled/paying job and look for a better one once you got one. It's comfortable looking for something good when you at least have an income at your back, plus it simply relaxes you which helps the process.

Edit: almost forgot, experience weighs heavier than degrees these days. Depending on the job and field of course. List your experience above your degrees on your resume.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I really wouldn't be criticizing other people's English if I were you. He actually answered your question about whether or not employers make use of retained CVs.
    No offense to him or you, but I was kinda looking for relevant experience, not some guy who claims to be hired because of his english with the english he speaks & that says that sending the same e-mail 100 times costs 5 hours.