Calling all experts!

So, I bought the Warcraft Blu-ray for a dirty santa game. The wife of a colleague ended up with it... loved the movie and wants to start playing WoW. I offered to help get her started and if she enjoyed playing I'd get her Legion for her birthday. I suggested she start with a Beast Master Hunter as she loves animals and I figured the ease of play would not overwhelm her. Fast forward 2 days later she is in her mid-40's and we joined a dungeon group for the first time. Had a blast but she saw people mixing it up in melee and wanted to give that a shot. She rolled an intro 100 Shaman but feels completely overwhelmed.

My question to you guys is what is the easiest Melee DPS to get into... that doesn't have to manage a lot of buffs/bleeds/dots/etc.? Generally, I play ranged DPS or Tanking melee so my experience as Melee DPS is limited.

Thanks for taking the time,
    Kalium

EDIT: I have not played any of the 100 intros so I'm not sure how helpful they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior I guess. Not that they aren't complex in their own ways but there's not much in the day of dot tracking. Really though with any fresh player an instant 100 is going to be overwhelming for a bit no matter the class. Like I said with warrior while the playstyle isn't super hard maybe she'd be overwhelmed by rage management.

Deleted
    Frost DK has the least buttons, but personally I'd say Ret and Fury are equally easy to pick up

ret pally is fairly simple. generate holy power, use judgement, spend holy power while judgement debuff is up, rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Frost DK has the least buttons, but personally I'd say Ret and Fury are equally easy to pick up
    Can you start with a DK as a freshling?

Otherwise, I would go with the paladin.
    Why? Because it simply gives the new player a better variety. If, down the road, they want to branch out without having to take up an alt toon, they can go tank or heals.

If there's no limitation on the dk, I would second the suggestion. But adding Blood to the mix.
    They're ridiculously easy to play. Are a lot of fun too, and are the undisputed kings of self heals.
    No other class/spec is better for solo content in the open world.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Can you start with a DK as a freshling?

Otherwise, I would go with the paladin.
    Why? Because it simply gives the new player a better variety. If, down the road, they want to branch out without having to take up an alt toon, they can go tank or heals.

If there's no limitation on the dk, I would second the suggestion. But adding Blood to the mix.
    They're ridiculously easy to play. Are a lot of fun too, and are the undisputed kings of self heals.
    No other class/spec is better for solo content in the open world.
    I'd second this.
    Ret is easy to pick up, and gives them the ability to play any spec later on if they want to
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't really choose for you or your friend. It's very easy for them to try the game out themselves and decide what they like. We don't allow Help Me Choose My class/spec/role/faction/race/gender/boost threads here.