Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    So wq are not going to scale anymore which means after 850 there is really no more reason to do them..they need to raise cap..I'm just speaking about gear..nothing else..that's just sad.
    Unless you like to take a gamble ;p

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    Then find another game. If you don't raid and don't do M+ what do you need gear for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Then find another game. If you don't raid and don't do M+ what do you need gear for anyway?
    If all you do is log on to raid and do your 1 Mythic, maybe you should find another game..

The idea was to have WQ scale pretty well through the xpac. However the snowflake raiders cried and cried and Blizz had to cap it to make them feel special. Pretty sad that the vast majority of the player base don't have any option of game style except to raid. Blizzard are really dumb for pandering to these cry babies. You would think that the massive sub drops after a few months would show Blizzard what a lot of players want but no, they keep pandering to the vocal snowflakes
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    If all you do is log on to raid and do your 1 Mythic, maybe you should find another game..
    "If all you do is play one of the biggest parts of the game then quit" Perfect logical step.

Deleted
    For doing daily hc, i still like more better gear for it. have 884, but more is always better and funny.
    I'm not enjoying much else besides that.

"If all you do is play one of the biggest parts of the game then quit" Perfect logical step.
    Except raiding isnt done by the majority, but instead the minority..

Character progression path, making new content less tedious and making other raid content less punishing. Besides it will keep WQ some what relevant for older players and new players who just dinged 110 on an Alt.
    Cool, thanks for answering the question. I think I still disagree , but I appreciate you explaining the reasoning. Possibly with later patches it might make sense to me to raise the cap so you dont have to do old raid tiers to get into current content, but if you aren't doing any of the raids I still can't see the need for better gear. i guess as long as WQs are enough to get you into LFR that makes sense to me. That way you aren't locking players out of seeing any of the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Draainaai View Post
    For doing daily hc, i still like more better gear for it. have 884, but more is always better and funny.
    I'm not enjoying much else besides that.
    You play the game for daily heroic alone? Well ok then.

And I am sure Future LFR will take care of your needs.

Wouldn't it be best for the gear to be upgraded base line in the future? This will keep people who don't raid or do mythic content happy and stay subbed. Blizz only gains more money if people stay subbed throughout the whole expansion and trust me if people think they can get 870 gear from just doing world quests, they will stay subbed. It gives them something to drive for and doesn't hurt anyone. More subs more money easy math.

When Tanaan Jungle came out, anyone could get up to I think 695 gear when upgrading with tokens etc just by doing content, sure it wasn't end level raiding, but it was nice. At this time Mythic HFC was 720-735.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fosheeze View Post
    i dont care what people's ilvls are, even if i do interact with them. I was asking a question because I was genuinely curious what the drive is to get high ilvl if you aren't participating in that content.
    Following the rest of the pack? People asking 870+ now just to do a quick Mythic WQ.. what will it be after nighthold comes out? If you are stuck at 850, at some point, no one will take you.

You could take the same question that you asked, and remove the last part: What is the drive if you can't get any more ilevel?

Yes, thank god they are irrelevant once you get to certain level. I already have to run a lot of M+ for AP and the legendary that I'm still missing. I don't want to have to do WQ on top of that. Doing emissaries for resources (coins + missions) and the chance of a legendary is enough for me.

There is a difference between numbers of players that do something then the fact that raiding is what the game revolves around.

Why do you need high iL if you don't raid? It makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    You play the game for daily heroic alone? Well ok then.

And I am sure Future LFR will take care of your needs.
    hahaha no..
    Hehe lfr also not so funny.
    It's actualy a bit rewarding sometimes if people are happy because of an easier run than regular.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    If gear is what you're after, that's what mythic+/raids are for my friend
    Agreed, world quests are not meant for gear. WQs are for resources and farming AP. Currently I have an over abundance of resources so i generally clear the map of all WQs that award AP then gear playing Mythics and Mythic + dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Some people like the power progression. Clearing old raids faster, soloing better and getting stronger in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    All Pieces can upgrade to 895 it seem, i got a neck 2 weeks ago ( it was ilvl845 before upgrade) and yesterday i got a 885 head, who was ilvl 835

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Why do you care if theres higher ilvl guys running around who don't care about raiding, thats what doesn't make any sense to me. It doesn't effect you or your raid night.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between numbers of players that do something then the fact that raiding is what the game revolves around.
    Time to get rid of that outdated mindset that there is only 1 way to do things..

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Following the rest of the pack? People asking 870+ now just to do a quick Mythic WQ.. what will it be after nighthold comes out? If you are stuck at 850, at some point, no one will take you.

You could take the same question that you asked, and remove the last part: What is the drive if you can't get any more ilevel?
    Im not sure what you mean by following the pack, but I see your point about being locked out of groups by elitists. TBH, i dont ask for 870 for mythic 0, and frequently see lots of groups that aren't either. I see harsher requirements on M+ because everyone wants 3 chests, but again, if you aren't doing that content that shouldn't bother you. same goes for raids.

For me personally i am only doing content to get upgrades, but thats why I do content that provides upgrades. If I didn't want to raid/push M+ then I wouldn't care about the upgrades and probably wouldn't be playing wow. It's a social game to be played with other people and group content is why I play it. If i wanted to grind solo I would go play a game that is more rewarding to players who want to play solo.