Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I play the same way this expansion as I came back after a 3 year break, to see the classes and order halls, and honor talents, and mostly gear via world quests and world bosses and some pvp drops.

4 legendaries, 3 characters, 3 from cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what IS the priority of character progression? With that logic you don't NEED artifact above 35 points either, and reps eventually cap out, and 1 time quest run out as well at some point.

Please don't say alts/old content or just collecting gold/mounts/pets/transmogs/achievements or doing higher content

I just want to know the thinking here.
    The priority of your character is to oppose foes of greater strength, or challenge. To further yourself, to venture through the story and your own. But if you have no wish to set the ink on your next page, then what need do you have for the paper? You can't expect one thing to feed you forever, some things are going to time out, or expire and sending you on a different journey.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I thought we went over this already Gehco. You know better.
    We did go over it, but sadly, the topic appeared again under a different mask. Again, the same answer lies ahead for many.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This, 1000 times this.
    And that is how the game is laid out ever since the beginning.
    You can gear up, outside of either dungeons or pvp zones, and you will receive appropriate gear that's sufficient to overcome the foes you're facing in the open world.
    Higher gear, if you will tier quality gear, has always been meant to be properly equipped for more difficult encounters such as dungeon/raid targets and battleground enemies.
    If you, now after so many years, try to challenge that... well then you're just entering the path of a spoiled kid who's been given a candy bar once to feel better but now expects that candy bar to be handed to them all the time, but even more than that, since the candy bar now no longer suffices.

In fact, as it stands now, never in the game's history has quest reward gear been more powerful.
    You can - with a little patience and luck - get to an item level of 870+, that is heroic raid comparable.

What else you want for killing rabid game or hostile fish?
    Good comment back, just had a chuckle at your last three lines. My wife achieved 3x 895 items from World Quests, one of them was for catching 12 spiders, another for stomping on grapes and the third, I think was for catching squirrels and picking up nuts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I agree it's not sad, but I almost never do WQ's anymore on my main (@870+ ilvl) because:

Rep - Exalted with all reps a month or so ago.
    Order Resources - sitting on 20k+ (I wish there was a dump for them).
    Gold - made trivial with WoD (garrisons) and also you only get like ~80g for a WQ iirc.
    Recipes - hardly ever see these for my profs.
    Pet battles - don't really care but fun for some people.
    Legendaries - I stopped caring after I got my second one but I'll do emissary's for a chance at better ones if I'm really bored.
    AP - Sitting at around 30 points MS and OS and not pushing for it since I don't raid Mythic, but really the only useful thing that comes out of WQ's anymore for me.

I would probably do WQ's more if the gear was 850+, if only for the trinkets. WQ's are nice for starting out and for alts, but I can see why people find them irrelevant at this point.
    Well at the point where you are at, when even AP does not seem like a good enough reward, you should really see the current WQs as trivial. But that is also a good thing. There have to be an end to all the rewards or else WQs would be the only thing people would do.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    so you want to force who likes to do mythic+/raids to do quests to get competitive gear?

Sigh... we have "raid" gear, we have pvp gear. What we need is questing gear that has bonuses that only apply to non-instanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well at the point where you are at, when even AP does not seem like a good enough reward, you should really see the current WQs as trivial. But that is also a good thing. There have to be an end to all the rewards or else WQs would be the only thing people would do.
    An thus your looking at a Warlords scenario, majority of the player base is gone while the remaining are only on long enough to raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Good comment back, just had a chuckle at your last three lines. My wife achieved 3x 895 items from World Quests, one of them was for catching 12 spiders, another for stomping on grapes and the third, I think was for catching squirrels and picking up nuts.
    Congrats on the argument you argued against less then a week ago..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Sigh... we have "raid" gear, we have pvp gear. What we need is questing gear that has bonuses that only apply to non-instanced content.
    We have the class hall set but it doesnt go beyond 840/850 which cant titanforge or anything and I'm sure people would oppose the possibility upgrading it further.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    An thus your looking at a Warlords scenario, majority of the player base is gone while the remaining are only on long enough to raid.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you will be repremended.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Yes because that's always such a great idea. Forcing players into content they don't enjoy.
    No one is forcing you to do anything. WoW has been always centered around hard group content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    That idea is NUTS!

GET IT?

;-)
    That was terrible and you should feel terrible.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Having WQ's scale to the first content released is entirely fine. There will likely be other levels of catch-up gear from more relevant content with 7.2 at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I have to admit, I do them every 3 days because I like to imagine my Legendary belt is in one of them.

That's about the only reason though, at 880 there's nothing really to come from them, save maybe rep tokens for alts.
    On an entirely unrelated note, your avatar looks amazing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This, 1000 times this.
    And that is how the game is laid out ever since the beginning.
    You can gear up, outside of either dungeons or pvp zones, and you will receive appropriate gear that's sufficient to overcome the foes you're facing in the open world.
    Higher gear, if you will tier quality gear, has always been meant to be properly equipped for more difficult encounters such as dungeon/raid targets and battleground enemies.
    If you, now after so many years, try to challenge that... well then you're just entering the path of a spoiled kid who's been given a candy bar once to feel better but now expects that candy bar to be handed to them all the time, but even more than that, since the candy bar now no longer suffices.

In fact, as it stands now, never in the game's history has quest reward gear been more powerful.
    You can - with a little patience and luck - get to an item level of 870+, that is heroic raid comparable.

What else you want for killing rabid game or hostile fish?
    Amen. Sadly it feels as if though Blizzard opened a can of worms with the gear system of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post

And what argument is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamlite View Post
    Agreed, world quests are not meant for gear. WQs are for resources and farming AP. Currently I have an over abundance of resources so i generally clear the map of all WQs that award AP then gear playing Mythics and Mythic + dungeons.
    Tell that to the bunch of 880s i had gotten from WQs. Currently they are meant for gear during downtimes, so you can lotto your way into high loots while you are forming groups/waiting whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Tell that to the bunch of 880s i had gotten from WQs. Currently they are meant for gear during downtimes, so you can lotto your way into high loots while you are forming groups/waiting whatever.
    Than clearly i have the worst luck as Ive never seen anything higher than 850 drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

On an entirely unrelated note, your avatar looks amazing...
    Why thank you. BeastyBeauty is very talented.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I think it'll get a bump with Nighthold

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    We have the class hall set but it doesnt go beyond 840/850 which cant titanforge or anything and I'm sure people would oppose the possibility upgrading it further.
    Plus by the time you get the full set you got better gear, not sure what Blizzard though with that set, being given with the class hall story-line would have made more sense.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    Plus by the time you get the full set you got better gear, not sure what Blizzard though with that set, being given with the class hall story-line would have made more sense.
    Exalted nightfallen does kind of negatively impact the set yes, especially for alts "saving" AK knowledge before finishing it, but even then, by the time you hit exalted, and do a little bit of focus on heroic dungeons/timewalk or general other world quest, getting a 840-845 base shoulder should be faster.

A solution would be, make the shoulders 840, reward them from 4 broken isles revered, or just nightfallen revered or something.

And eventually add a new token to go from 840 to 850 at like 6 revered.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-13 at 08:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That was terrible and you should feel terrible.
    I probably should... but I don't.

So stop playing then.

Or do you want to ignore the pendulum switch in harm when you start handing out iLevels the equivalent to mythic + / raids in WQs?

"Its only harmful when I don't like it"