Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What it certainly shouldn't be is random-as-fuck like it is now.

- picking things that are out of combat when I am already in combat
    - refusing to change off of a target no matter how many times you tab even though something else is beating you in the face
    - picking things that are behind me (both character facing and camera, so there's no confusion about how fucked up it is currently)
    - completely different from how it just selected targets six seconds ago
    - autistically focused on the two mobs on the two casters off left at medium range with utter unawareness of the mob on the right in melee range
    - picking the guy that's through the floor or ceiling, ever, in any situation
    Don't forget:

- picking that enemy player that just happened to ride through your field of view even though he's currently 200 yards away from you and riding away on his mount (rare that they haven't just run up to gank me by that point but it still happens every time some enemy player comes anywhere near me).

It's almost like Blizzard wants to force you into PVP regardless of whether that was your intention at that point in time or not. Kind of like aura's that put you into combat without anyone doing anything. Specifically I see this with DK's PVP Talent Decomposing Aura.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

I just fired op LOTRO and the tab targeting is perfect. I forgot how good it felt that the target does what you want.
    I don't know how or why Blizz screwed this up so bad. It's a game breaking bug
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Yeah, people who sub to an online game to play for an hour, want that hour to be filled with 30 minutes of load time.

Get a grip.
    who plays wow for only an hour a night :P? thats not even long enough for a quick heroic EN clear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Have you played wow before?

close mobs > mobs far away
    mobs in combat > mobs not in combat

pretty much how it used to be for a decade
    yes, but some people here want tab to NEVER target mobs not in combat, well some want them to be equal, and some want it to tab to mobs in combat, then mobs not in combat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Mob A is 5 yards from me

Mob B is also almost exactly 5 yards from me, right on top of Mob A, so close their nameplates overlap

Hit Tab, game targets Mob C 25 yards away. Mob C is also not in combat with me or anyone else in my group and has aggro on no one.

If you can't understand how that should work, compared to how it does, you may need to find another game to play. As the devs seem to suffer from this same problem, its time many of them find another game to work on. That also doesn't even cover when there are only 2 targets on the screen and hitting Tab does nothing to switch between the targets. There is literally only 1 other option that I'm not attacking, and hitting Tab 3 or 4 times does nothing. Twin Ogron was a good example of that in WoD, had to make a macro to quickly switch back and forth between just two targets to keep DoTs on both.

How it should work is "Target the next target closest to me that is not my current target". It's really that simple.
    agai n idont think people understand

i am not saying it isnt currently broken, it VERY MUCH IS

im saying, what would you guys want it to do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Tab targeting worked perfectly at least up to early Cata.
    Missed most of late Cata and MoP so I don't have any idea how it worked then.
    Since at least WoD it's become absolutely horrible. They DID change something at some point which made Tab-targeting completely stupid - and the baffling thing is, WHY THE FUCK did they change it when it was perfect in the first place ?

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't work in the slightest.
    i think they might have tried to make it better and ended up breaking it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Well there are other games that let you select HOW tab targeting works so I think this question is kind of moot.
    yes, but the more options they give us, the more devolpment time, and bugs that show up when it is being made, and after its made
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not remember it being broken in cataclysm, have not played since then, restarted with legion.

When did it break, or have they broken it slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    who plays wow for only an hour a night :P? thats not even long enough for a quick heroic EN clear
    I sometimes only have an hour to log in and do my daily stuff. can easily get emissary done, do my pet dailies, and a few other bits an bobs in an hour. Not everyone raids :P.

However with the current loading time issues, it can be frustrating, as it does cut into that time. Even more so if you are loggin to alts to do their dailies etc too. It all adds up.

Luckily my load times while a little longer than they were, aren't as bad as some. A guildie of mines, has to borrow mats/gold when he needs it from other guildies, just so he doesn't have to relog to alts to grab them sometimes, because it takes him sometimes 5-7 minutes to relog (7 minutes I timed him once... )

So imagine, 7 minutes out of 60 minutes you have to play, and that's one load screen/relog now maybe you have multiple load screens/relogs... and welp yeah for those people its game breaking/hella frustrating.

Just try and see it from other peoples situations. Not everyone plays like you do, so don't be too quick to dismiss someone elses experiences/issues.

7+ Year Old Account

from dark legacy comics, this fits too well
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizz just needs to make it target only enemies you are currently in combat with.

It could be a special type of tab targetting that you can keybind in the options.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use an addon for this - It makes it so that tab target ALWAYS picks the nearest mob that my char is facing.
    Works wonders and i have had zero issues with tab targeting (play tank so i use it constantly).
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    I use an addon for this - It makes it so that tab target ALWAYS picks the nearest mob that my char is facing.
    Works wonders and i have had zero issues with tab targeting (play tank so i use it constantly).
    Sounds excellent, what's it called?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Sounds excellent, what's it called?
    At work so can't remember right on top of my head but believe it's this one:
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/reg-tab

Will double-check when i get home.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Deleted
    I think/fear they broke it once and simply arent capable to restore it for some reason.

Is tab target broken intentionally?
    Nah, it just adopts the new WoW paradigm - RnG everywhere.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Nah, it just adopts the new WoW paradigm - RnG everywhere.
    I was playing on my new priest in feralas yesterday and at the flooded telaraan docks theres this mass of grimtotem guys fighting the nelf defenders. I roll up behind the fight thinking im about to fuck these guys up. Theres literally about 40 hostile mobs right in front of me. First tab target selects a fucking dryad behind me. I immediatly thought of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I was playing on my new priest in feralas yesterday and at the flooded telaraan docks theres this mass of grimtotem guys fighting the nelf defenders. I roll up behind the fight thinking im about to fuck these guys up. Theres literally about 40 hostile mobs right in front of me. First tab target selects a fucking dryad behind me. I immediatly thought of this thread.
    Which reminds me of http://darklegacycomics.com/559