10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Did someone die in the car scenario?
    And nobody died in the abortion scenario either. A fetus is not a person...no matter how many times you want to bang that drum. You've been shown the definition of person hood and continue to prattle on about risks and consent without understanding the meaning of those words.

You're a hypocrite and that's OK -- at this point all you need to do is just admit it's OK for you to take actions on things you previously consented to but don't agree with after they happened but you want others not to have that same choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That is not an emotional post, that is the truth. Mentioning death doesn't make it emotional. That post I made is 100% truth.

Before Roe V Wade, there were 200,000-1.2 million abortions performed a year. As many as 5000 women died from these illegal medically unsafe abortions. Today, less than 0.6 people die per 100,000 abortions made. Which means that if you take the 1.2 million figure, only 6 people would have died total. Compared to 5000 a year, yeah, I will take legal abortions over the possibility of thousands of women dying a year. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/he...egal-abortion/
    Cool story. You are doing a lot to prove to me you aren't emotional. I still would rather take illegal abortions. My feels man. Think of my feels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And nobody died in the abortion scenario either. A fetus is not a person...no matter how many times you want to bang that drum. You've been shown the definition of person hood and continue to prattle on about risks and consent without understanding the meaning of those words.

You're a hypocrite and that's OK -- at this point all you need to do is just admit it's OK for you to take actions on things you previously consented to but don't agree with after they happened but you want others not to have that same choice.
    Do you mean I've gave the definition of person and human? Still haven't provided solid evidence to me being hypocrite and keep deflecting from telling me if someone died in the car scenario (which obviously no one did).

Once again here it is for you Captain negaholic.

hu·man
    ˈ(h)yo͞omən/
    adjective
    adjective: human

of, relating to, or characteristic of people or human beings.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-12-13 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Isn't there a recipe for abortion juice IN the bible?

Like dust and some other stuff.
    Interestingly enough, the Talmud refers to the fetus as "mere water" until the fortieth day of pregnancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Do you mean I've gave the definition of person and human? Still haven't provided solid evidence to me being hypocrite and keep deflecting from telling me if someone died in the car scenario (which obviously no one did).
    You gave a dictionary definition against the legal definition of person hood and then hand waved it away when Crissi brought it up.

The only one deflecting here is you, and there's some pretty solid evidence of your hypocrisy considering you can't even address issues where you put the lives of unborn fetuses in a higher place than living women.

You also have avoided a question where I've asked you at least three times -- DO you think a woman and her husband should be arrested for murder if she takes the morning after pill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    6 weeks? Quite a few women wont even know they;re pregnant until around that time (given that it can take 4 weeks to notice a missed period, and people that naturally have spotty / missed periods can take a few more weeks before preg symptoms start)
    Its called getting a test after 1-2 weeks of having sex. Don't be so lazy. you're a mod yet fail to understand basic things in life?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchas View Post
    Its called getting a test after 1-2 weeks of having sex. Don't be so lazy. you're a mod yet fail to understand basic things in life?
    She's not the one showing failure here.

Fucking hilarious suggestion, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-tests#2

"How accurate are pregnancy tests?

You should know that waiting at least a week after a missed period may give you the most accurate result.

If you get a negative result, you are likely not pregnant. However, you may still be pregnant if:

You tested too soon."
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-13 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    At what point dose it really come into play then if all you care about is a title? is a infant really a human? how about a toddler? all of them have human DNA, so its not like your killing ants, and none of them will survive on their own without the care of someone else. but hay its only been alive for 3 months not 11 its obviously not worth protecting.
    Infants and toddlers aren't exclusively dependent on their mother. Nobody else but the mother can sustain a fetus. The fetus cannot maintain homeostasis independent of the mother and only the mother. She has absolute right to decide if she will continue to provide homeostasis corrections for the fetus.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize getting a blood test every time you've had sex gets stupidly expensive, right? I hope you dont expect to have sex very often, maybe once a month at the least if that's the case. Possibly even less, say once every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    You are correct. That being said, I thought the implication of the definition (with a little bit of common sense) would lead any rational person to the obvious conclusion that a foetus can to all intents and purposes (especially within the context of this discussion) be a child.
    This is just another example of someone changing what words mean so they fit your definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Terrorists who use politics to deny people their rights, are far more dangerous than any band of thugs playing terrorist. You may compare nazi Germany to any terrorist group you have around, and you can see how dangerous people are, when they start twisting law for their hateful purpose.
    I don't recall the constitution having such a protection. Where does it say this is a right?

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    With the way you are arguing, it's more like God plucked a baby soul and instills it when the developing child leaves the uterus during delivery.

[Human] ova and sperm are human - i.e., carry qualities relating to being human. A (human) zygote is a human - i.e., its own organism. An embryo is just a younger baby. Where is the confusion coming from? This is developmental biology 101.
    I didn't say human sperm or a human zygote doesn't contain human DNA. I said tha a zygote isn't a child, and its not a human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty irresponsible to be having sexual relations and not even taking the necessary tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't recall the constitution having such a protection. Where does it say this is a right?
    The 14th Amendment, as determined by the Supreme Court in Roe v Wade and Doe v Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    I have yet to give you a bullshit fallacy. It seems at the very base of your argument is the dehumanization of the zygote.

The zygote is indeed a human being because it is a part of the cycle of life. We all started at that point.

The egg and sperm alone are not human because, they do not change. An egg will stay an egg until it is either fertilized or broken down, same with the sperm. Once the egg is fertilized, then at that point it is the beginning of a human being. After 9 months the mother will give birth to a baby.

The zygote is the earliest part of the cycle of life.

With the dehumanization of the zygote, obviously then there must be a definitive point reached where the zygote goes from nothing to a human being. As of yet anybody has yet to prove when that point is.

How can something that literally turns into a baby after 9 months not be considered a human? Only when you dehumanize it does any of your arguments hold weight.
    The crux of most of your arguments are straight up fallacies. Being overly broad or specific. Appealing to emotions, name calling, etc. "You're a horrible human if you think a zygote isn't a living, breathing, human being!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty irresponsible to be having sexual relations and not even taking the necessary tests.
    Again, I hope you don't expect to have much, if any, sex with your SO if that's the case. Blood tests get expensive fast if you want to have frequent sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The 14th Amendment, as determined by the Supreme Court in Roe v Wade and Doe v Bolton.
    That's hardly the constitution as much as precedent by a court ruling isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    SO when the girl I am hookin up with sucks my dick and... well follow the rest.... is it cannibalism?
    According to some people here, technically you are a cannibal/murderer.

- - - Updated - - -

He makes a good point. Sex without birth control results in a baby most times. What happened to responsibility?
    This is incorrect.

The 14th Amendment is part of the Constitution, and the Supreme Court is literally intended to interpret and rule on the Constitution and what it means.

No, the 14th amendment awards people the right to that protection. It doesn't need to say "thou shalt haveth abortions if thy feels like doing so"