Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Note the clock rate.
    Hm thats true. Now we just need to hope they have good overclocking capability. If they do not, they will still do well in budget and mid range builds, but high end gamers and users will stick with intel most likely.

so whats the max frequency it does ?

Intels 8 cores OC up to 4500

as far as pure gaming is concerned, still see no reason why it'd do better there than my 3770K @ 4500+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Soooo, ran the blender test they used, file can be found here http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

Never used blender so just used render image out of the box, my 5820K at 4.3Ghz took 53 seconds.
    Damn took me 2min 26sec to render that, guess i7-920 @ 3.33Ghz starts to show its age after all the years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Qualcomm has all the SD820s being manufactured at Samsung because they wanted a SD820 variant of the S7 and S7 Edge. Samsung went with Exynos variants only for the S6 and that year was the worst ever for Qualcomm since their own sales depends a lot on sales from Samsung.

Samsung only agreed on selling SD820 variants of the S7/S7 Edge if all the SD820s were manufactured by themselves, Qualcomm without any other options was forced to sign the contract. From Samsung's PoV they had to sell an objectively inferior versions of their phones so they had to win somewhere else, which turned out to be getting a profit from every phone sold regardless of brand (apart from Mediatek/HiSilicon SoC phones or Apple, but even in those cases they still profit through NAND flash and other electronics components).

Samsung's process is technically great, the problem in the story is that Samsung is also a Qualcomm competitor in SoC design so it sucks to Qualcomm.
    Some reason I just remembered this and it really makes me wonder wtf is going on. Yeah somewhat (completely) off topic. Well, one thing I do know is that Samsung's presence at Qualcomm HQ (actually mean physically there compared to HTC, Sony, LG, etc) has pretty much drastically reduced. In a sense you can say I know people, cause that's kind of the only reason I know it.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10836/...-mini-review/3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So you matched Zen.
    Actually no he did not match ZEN.

He lost by over a factor of 2 vs. ZEN as ZEN finished Blender in 25.57 seconds.
    The Intel Core i7 6900K finished that same Blender test in 26.01 seconds.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-zen-cp...arks-official/ - For the source of information.

In essence @Thorianrage's test got BITCHSLAPPED by both ZEN and Broadwell-E.

Also of note it's 900MHz slower, not 1,1GHz as well as 6 cores vs. 8 cores.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so whats the max frequency it does ?

Intels 8 cores OC up to 4500

as far as pure gaming is concerned, still see no reason why it'd do better there than my 3770K @ 4500+
    No-one knows the frequencies yet, so that's a wait and see.
    Also most 8 cores from Intel pretty much cap out at 4,4GHz in general with higher being the silicon lottery.

Still not a metric to go by as you need some serious cooling capability to keep Intel's Haswell-E/Broadwell-E cool at those speeds.

Also if you don't use multi-threaded applications then there shouldn't be a reason (other than possible features) that you should switch from that CPU.
    It never was, no-one actually also stated as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought he was talking about the test that both finished around 50 secs at?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Actually no he did not match ZEN.

He lost by over a factor of 2 vs. ZEN as ZEN finished Blender in 25.57 seconds.
    The Intel Core i7 6900K finished that same Blender test in 26.01 seconds.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-zen-cp...arks-official/ - For the source of information.

In essence Thorian's test got BITCHSLAPPED by both ZEN and Broadwell-E.

Also of note it's 900MHz slower, not 1,1GHz as well as 6 cores vs. 8 cores.
    Base clock is 3.3, so 1 Ghz :P, though think you used the turbo clock of the 5820K.

15+ Year Old Account
    Base clock is 3.3, so 1 Ghz :P, though think you used the turbo clock of the 5820K.
    Your CPU is clocked at 4,3GHz vs. the 3,4GHz of the ZEN CPU.
    Therefore the ZEN CPU is 900MHz slower than your previously stated 1,1GHz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I thought he was talking about the test that both finished around 50 secs at?
    That was Handbrake, video encoding, not Blender which is a CGI programme.

Deleted
    Your CPU is clocked at 4,3GHz vs. the 3,4GHz of the ZEN CPU.
    Therefore the ZEN CPU is 900MHz slower than your previously stated 1,1GHz.
    I wasn't referring to the zen, was referring to my overclock of my CPU.

Soooo, ran the blender test they used, file can be found here http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

Never used blender so just used render image out of the box, my 5820K at 4.3Ghz took 53 seconds.
    Not bad.
    My old 2500K@4GHz that my gf is using now does it in 2m28s.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't referring to the zen, was referring to my overclock of my CPU.
    O'Rly?
    I will say AMD did a better job though, more cores, less power and 1.1 GHz slower then my chip.
    Tell me how you were not referring to ZEN?

Deleted
    O'Rly?

Tell me how you were not referring to ZEN?
    Oh that might be me getting mixed up with my base clock or not good at typing, should of tried to state I had to over clock my chip by 1 Ghz, thought the 5820K base was 3.2 Ghz then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh that might be me getting mixed up with my base clock or not good at typing, should of tried to state I had to over clock my chip by 1 Ghz, thought the 5820K base was 3.2 Ghz then.
    REKT

Still .. your CPU got bitchslapped.

Deleted
    REKT

Thats not a bad thing though, this shows a good performance line to where the zen lies if people needed another chip to test against.

REKT

6c/12t 4.3GHz 15MB vs 8c/16t 3.7GHz 20MB ... not surprised tbh

There is no cpu called zen anymore. Also intel already have cpus ready incase ryzen is good. Just to kill amd off incase they have a good product. Guy behind the arcitecture is already gone from amd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    There is no cpu called zen anymore. Also intel already have cpus ready incase ryzen is good. Just to kill amd off incase they have a good product. Guy behind the arcitecture is already gone from amd
    You mean Kabylake that we already know about? Skylake X is out later this year apparently but theres not much info on it and according to the rumour mill, its going to be pitted against AMD Naples which is the enterprise CPU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    6c/12t 4.3GHz 15MB vs 8c/16t 3.7GHz 20MB ... not surprised tbh
    3.4GHz for the ZEN one.

Though I will express yet again:
    This was of course an AMD presentation.
    But if these numbers are true it means a higher IPC than Sky Lake/Kaby Lake with double the cores.

Excited times ahead... I feel giddy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Uhh... Kabylake? Something that is exactly Skylake clock to clock with tiny bit of refinement?

Deleted
    3.4GHz for the ZEN one.

Though I will express yet again:
    This was of course an AMD presentation.
    But if these numbers are true it means a higher IPC than Sky Lake/Kaby Lake with double the cores.

Excited times ahead... I feel giddy!
    If AMD used the stock Blender software direct from the website, this doesn't favour AMD or even Intel for that matter, this is an open software that even you right now can test, those kinda tests aren't backdoor testing, thats really bloody open.