Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Anyway to adjust the screen border on Ps4. Having text cut off on the side has really annoyed me.

Didn't notice until now, I guess I mite have to go into the ps4 settings itself and adjust it.

Edit: Nvm fixed it. Had to change my screen setting to unscaled. It was on auto and was cutting off some text.
    OOh thanks this has been annoying me

I'm currently in the middle of chapter 13 and yea I see why people get annoyed with it... I also think being lvl 50+ for it probably made a lot of it easier than it should have been which is sad because there was some potential there but it just goes on and on >< I went back to the past to finish getting my last two weapons and omg being back to the fun atmosphere is a really needed break from the "OMG IMPENDING DOOM!" feeling in chapter 13. Also I really wtf is up with Ardyn b/c everything he's doing makes no sense and ugh.

Anywho, should be finishing tonight, assuming I don't get lost in Costlemark dungeon for a ton of hours

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

I'm currently in the middle of chapter 13 and yea I see why people get annoyed with it... I also think being lvl 50+ for it probably made a lot of it easier than it should have been which is sad because there was some potential there but it just goes on and on >< I went back to the past to finish getting my last two weapons and omg being back to the fun atmosphere is a really needed break from the "OMG IMPENDING DOOM!" feeling in chapter 13. Also I really wtf is up with Ardyn b/c everything he's doing makes no sense and ugh.

Anywho, should be finishing tonight, assuming I don't get lost in Costlemark dungeon for a ton of hours
    What ardyn is doing totally makes sense when he reveals who he truly is.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    What ardyn is doing totally makes sense when he reveals who he truly is.
    Oh well that's good to hear Because right now I'm crazy confused lol

Oh well that's good to hear Because right now I'm crazy confused lol
    It will reveal itself in due time.

Also it seems Square Enix will be adding more story to the base game for free at some point. It confused me for a bit as well.

This may be the most dark final fantasy ever IMO

Cool beans on fixing ur screen size That shit annoyed me to no end.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Postgame has been a huge letdown when it comes to difficulty.
    The hardest dungeon in the game which is supposed to be Costlemark Tower Maze can be steamrolled with proper food and healcast magic. The best food to use (from my experience) is the 4000 HP + 100% Exp + Immune to Fire, Lightning and Ice. There will be one difficult floor this way and that is a floor with 4 Iron Giants. For this floor you can just craft Freeze magic, I had picked up several items to create this throughout the postgame. You will need around 7-10 Freeze casts. Use healcast magic whenever your max HP runs low and GG. The most difficult part of the dungeon was to get the muppets to use magic.

Some people also seems to struggle against the lvl 120 Naglfar but it's also cheeseable with magic. Magic just feels too strong in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The roadtrip would have never started if it was made by Bethesda.
    Eh it'd probably start, the car would probably be flying in the air without you or in the ground though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, have fun with the localization story differences, cause they're actually pretty major changes to the story which is an issue.
    It's in a post somewhere I made... I'll dig it up later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Oh yeah, have fun with the localization story differences, cause they're actually pretty major changes to the story which is an issue.
    It's in a post somewhere I made... I'll dig it up later if you want.
    Yea if you don't mind that would be interesting and since I should be finishing up tonight I shouldn't need to worry about spoilers later

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea if you don't mind that would be interesting and since I should be finishing up tonight I shouldn't need to worry about spoilers later
    Don't click until you finish Ch 13.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43644989

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't click until you finish Ch 13.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43644989
    Saved for later! TY!

So I finished the story last night.... Man the the final few chapters felt rushed as hell. Granted I didn't go off and do all the side quests etc etc but the story felt light on I felt that what should have been some pretty major moments just got glossed over too and never explored or discussed promptos reveal about being an MT and actually created is a good example. The guys are like meh we don't care. You aren't gonna betray us so forget about it is a classic example. If you are just gonna brush it off so quickly why bother with it at all? I suspect that'll be DLC content though. Another thing I don't like is After noct gets sucked into the crystal he randomly disappears for 10 years. We don't know what's happened in that time to him. Was he unconscious? How'd he get to the stone prison? How'd the boat end up there? Then when you go back to hammerhead the guys are like hey Noct, let's keep going! As though nothing happened. No where the hell have you been? and lastly I didn't like the ending I don't like how poor noct lost literally everything. His car, his father, his love, his friends, even his life. It's nice that he saved the world and all and that in the afterlife he and Luna are together but I would have still like that have seen a happier ending to a story that started on such a light hearted note.
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-12-13 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I don't like how poor noct lost literally everything. His car, his father, his love, his friends, even his life. It's nice that he saved the world and all and that in the afterlife he and Luna are together but I would have still like that have seen a happier ending to a story that started on such a light hearted note
    Personally I liked that FFXV has a dark story and how it ended

Square Enix is going to add story for free from what I have read. So I do hope it fix's the few bits u talked about and I also had the same issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

promptos reveal about being an MT and actually created is a good example. The guys are like meh we don't care. You aren't gonna betray us so forget about it is a classic example. If you are just gonna brush it off so quickly why bother with it at all? I suspect that'll be DLC content though. Another thing I don't like is
    They bothered with it, because otherwise it would make no sense that the group could gain access to the machine. Not because it was some major plot point between the characters. It also explained Prompto's insecurity throughout the entire game

After noct gets sucked into the crystal he randomly disappears for 10 years. We don't know what's happened in that time to him. Was he unconscious? How'd he get to the stone prison? How'd the boat end up there? Then when you go back to hammerhead the guys are like hey Noct, let's keep going! As though nothing happened. No where the hell have you been?
    It was briefly explained that it was all part of the prophecy, That is why they had the boat there waiting for him, that is why he had the ride ready to pick him up and that's why the guys where all in hammerhead and ready to roll. They knew it was going to happen that way because so far everything had happened according to the prophecy

and lastly I hated the ending I don't like how poor noct lost literally everything. His car, his father, his love, his friends, even his life. It's nice that he saved the world and all and that in the afterlife he and Luna are together but I would have still like that have seen a happier ending to a story that started on such a light hearted note
    To each his own a happy ending is not always a good ending, the ending outside of being a tad rushed between chap 10-14 is absolutely what the ending should have been IMO

What I feel like needed more screen time is characters, not actual story itself. Ravus, Luna and Jared are all vital characters to the story and we barely get to know any of them, get connected to them and their deaths overall have little impact on your emotion as a result. Granted Luna's issue isn't as bad if you watched Kingsglaive but the other 2 still remain in spite of it. Also the fact Ardyn kills the Emperor and all you really get of it is a radio message and his robes sitting on the throne before you eventually kill a demon that is him and easy to miss if you didn't know his name and have subtitles on. Emperor was supposed to be a major character in the game as advertised... yea he's not. Dave is a more vital character then him.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-14 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They bothered with it, because otherwise it would make no sense that the group could gain access to the machine. Not because it was some major plot point between the characters. It also explained Prompto's insecurity throughout the entire game

It was briefly explained that it was all part of the prophecy, That is why they had the boat there waiting for him, that is why he had the ride ready to pick him up and that's why the guys where all in hammerhead and ready to roll. They knew it was going to happen that way because so far everything had happened according to the prophecy

To each his own a happy ending is not always a good ending, the ending outside of being a tad rushed between chap 10-14 is absolutely what the ending should have been IMO

What I feel like needed more screen time is characters, not actual story itself. Ravus, Luna and Jared are all vital characters to the story and we barely get to know any of them, get connected to them and their deaths overall have little impact on your emotion as a result. Granted Luna's issue isn't as bad if you watched Kingsglaive but the other 2 still remain in spite of it. Also the fact Ardyn kills the Emperor and all you really get of it is a radio message and his robes sitting on the throne before you eventually kill a demon that is him and easy to miss if you didn't know his name and have subtitles on. Emperor was supposed to be a major character in the game as advertised... yea he's not. Dave is a more vital character then him.
    My memory may be faulty, but at any point during the game does the emp actually do anything or show up (other than the brief few seconds to show that's when the events of kingsglaive are happening) and I'm pretty sure unless I missed it noctis never actually comes face to face with him. The emporer is such a fail character I honestly completely forgot about him. I also didn't realise one of the demons was him till Ardyn told me it was :/ That's some bad story writing there lol

My memory may be faulty, but at any point during the game does the emp actually do anything or show up (other than the brief few seconds to show that's when the events of kingsglaive are happening) and I'm pretty sure unless I missed it noctis never actually comes face to face with him. The emporer is such a fail character I honestly completely forgot about him. That's some bad story writing there lol
    The demon you have to constantly run away from in chapter 13 before killing once you get your powers back is the Emperor. It's impossible to know this however if you don't have subtitles on which clearly says his name when the demon rambles off a few lines on death

Such a massive fail of a character indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The demon you have to constantly run away from in chapter 13 before killing once you get your powers back is the Emperor. It's impossible to know this however if you don't have subtitles on which clearly says his name when the demon rambles off a few lines on death

Such a massive fail of a character indeed.
    No Ardyn tells you it's the emp after you kill it too otherwise I'd have not known and figured it was just an ultra strong end dungeon boss. At that point though I did not know he was dead and had frankly completely forgotten about the emp :/

So I did realize I had one bug.

Did anyone else notice the audio of the battle music and effects was higher then the voices of the characters. It got annoying when there would be a cool cut scene and I had to turn up the volume to hear the person speaking over the music.

adjusting the sounds did help a bit but wasn't a 100% fix.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-14 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all the FF games that I have beaten had grim endings or someone in your crew dies. 8 10 13 15. I don't remember 12 that much, game had a massive story, I never beat 7 or any of the 2D ones (except FF adventure or something on GBA) almost beat 6 but it was on an emulator on a laptop that died :/

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think all the FF games that I have beaten had grim endings or someone in your crew dies. 8 10 13 15. I don't remember 12 that much, game had a massive story, I never beat 7 or any of the 2D ones (except FF adventure or something on GBA) almost beat 6 but it was on an emulator on a laptop that died :/
    I dunno if I'd say 8 was grim. They all made it out alive, the big bad was dead, the world was saved, squall and rinoa got together and ellone and Laguna got reunited. Ffx was sad that tidus disappeared but not grim. Ff13 saw fang and vanille crystallised again but otherwise everyone came out unscathed again sad not grim . Ff13-2 was grim with Serah dropping dead at the end of the game. Type-0 was grim too with the whole class except the two extras dying at the end 7 was again sad not grim and I didn't finish 1-6, 12 or 13-3 so I can't comment
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2016-12-14 at 02:09 AM.

No Ardyn tells you it's the emp after you kill it too otherwise I'd have not known and figured it was just an ultra strong end dungeon boss. At that point though I did not know he was dead and had frankly completely forgotten about the emp :/
    Plus all the robes on the ground, the empty city and the notes you can read around the level already explain at that point the big twist in the plot The empires been dead since like chapter 8 if not earlier and ardyns been the lone person sending out demons in armour as the empire is a ghost town of streets littered with clothes from victims of the demonification and they probably thought the crystal would stop it as part of arydns ruse

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    13 definitely does not have a grim ending. Sure Vanille and Fang became the crystal pillar but that was their purpose and their best case scenario. It's not like they became Cieth.

It wasn't until 13-2 retconned the shit out of the 13 ending that is became a darker ending. 13 was a textbook happy ending prior.

- - - Updated - - -

Ardyn didn't say anything but laugh at me for being strong now that I had my "friends/tricks" again, so that's definitely not a 100%dialogue that always happens.