[Balance] dps log help

Hello. We had a farm night the other day in normal ToV, and our Rdruid played boomkin for the night. He ended up beating me on a couple fights, so I wanted to come here to see if someone could help me diagnose the problems. All of his abilities (except Starsurge) hit much harder than all of mine. I know he used prolonged power pots and I used deadly grace, but I dont know if that would make the big difference.

He has 2 resto legenardies and I have IPE and the chest. He is 3 ilvl higher than me, and his artifact is 5 ilvls higher also. So I'm wondering if that is the difference? Or am I doing something wrong?

Additionally, should I be using deadly grace? Or is prolonged power the way to go? I've always assumed deadly grace was better, but this made me question myself about everything I'm doing.

Lastly, his stats are much more balanced than mine are. I run with 33% haste, 18% crit, and 43% mastery (unbuffed). He runs with 32% haste, 24% crit, and 40% mastery. Would this be affecting how well (or not so well) I'm doing?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

He has a warforged Arcanocrystal with a socket which is our BiS item. He has slightly higher uptime on his DoTs. Then there is just plain RNG. I also don't like Ruby on single target fights. It's good about 60% of the time and terrible everywhere else (even AoE).

I would be a little worried that someone's offspec is better geared and has more AP in their weapon than you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    He has a warforged Arcanocrystal with a socket which is our BiS item. He has slightly higher uptime on his DoTs. Then there is just plain RNG. I also don't like Ruby on single target fights. It's good about 60% of the time and terrible everywhere else (even AoE).

I would be a little worried that someone's offspec is better geared and has more AP in their weapon than you though.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I do have a Naraxas Spiked Tongue that is 860, but the sims I ran on AMR had the Ruby ranked higher. I can try switching back to see if it makes a difference. And I rerolled about 4 weeks ago to boomkin from feral, so I'm a little behind on the AP. I'm currently at 32 on my boomkin weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by snackbacon View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. I do have a Naraxas Spiked Tongue that is 860, but the sims I ran on AMR had the Ruby ranked higher. I can try switching back to see if it makes a difference. And I rerolled about 4 weeks ago to boomkin from feral, so I'm a little behind on the AP. I'm currently at 32 on my boomkin weapon.
    He has 4000 more intel than you, 2000 more vers, 3000 more crit and a BIS trinket, I think it's just that simple.

May I ask why you rerolled? Feral is decimating balance in all the fights bar Eye. Not sure how well it performs for balance, but you can use checkmywow to analyse logs, compare uptimes/cd usage etc.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2016-12-14 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    He has 4000 more intel than you, 2000 more vers, 3000 more crit and a BIS trinket, I think it's just that simple.

May I ask why you rerolled? Feral is decimating balance in all the fights bar Eye. Not sure how well it performs for balance, but you can use checkmywow to analyse logs, compare uptimes/cd usage etc.
    My raid had way too many melee. We needed ranged, so I switched.