Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your quote says "found guilty", not charged.
    In the CSU or University tribunals those words are practically synonymous.

But sure, charged in a Kangaroo court designed to get convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In the CSU or University tribunals those words are practically synonymous.

But sure, charged in a Kangaroo court designed to get convictions.
    You have a citation for a near 100% conviction rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istenno View Post
    So, admittedly not having watched the video, say two students get drunk. They sleep together. The next morning, one feels regret for having done so and files rape charges (and don't tell me this doesn't happen, because it bloody well does). Now it's on the other persons personal transcripts with no real commentation on the actual allegation other than someone reported them for rape and now it follows them forever. Regardless of their innocence.

Yeah. This seems like a great idea. My father was fired at the age of 55 for charges of sexual harassment, and this more or less marred his professional career and he never worked again. Moreover, it was discovered a year later that his subordinate and another woman in the office concocted this allegation against my father so they could both get respective promotions upwards. The female admitted my father never did anything. She and my dads former subordinate were both fired, but this changed NOTHING for my father. The company didnt hire him back. No apologies. No back wages. Nothing. This is the kind of shit that goes on constantly. And once you get that black demerit, it will haunt you forever.

NOTHING should be documented until there has been an investigation by the police. Period.
    What's the issue here. He made a decision to get drunk and sleep with another person didn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with this happening to Californian students. Seems only fitting and just-full.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I have no problem with this happening to Californian students. Seems only fitting and just-full.
    It is another illuminating example of why I believe in the elector college, anything to limit California to just California.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Why should non-academic information be on a specifically academic record? Save legal shit for legal documents. That's what the legal system and background checks are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm confused..the police doesn't handle this? Pretty sure being convicted of sexual assault tarnishes your criminal record, what's this supposed to do?
    Because institutions that want academic transcripts generally don't do record checks and vice versa.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

@Theodarzna I haven't been able to find anything on the "conviction" rate for these allegations in California schools. I assume you have a citation?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Because institutions that want academic transcripts generally don't do record checks and vice versa.
    Also criminal records would not have college incidents on them.

Since the OCR, and Dept. of Justice/Education changed what college's must considered harassment to the hyper vague standard of "Any unwelcome sexual speech" and eliminated the reasonable person standard/objective standard. In terms of Sexual Harassment you now have no objective/reasonable standard clause, and essentially anything and everything is theoretically against the rules.

More over, to make sure people are found guilty in sufficient numbers, the burden of proof is the lowest it can legally go.

In California this is exacerbated by the "Yes means Yes," law which for someone accused of this stuff, the accused must prove their innocence.

@Theodarzna I haven't been able to find anything on the "conviction" rate for these allegations in California schools. I assume you have a citation?
    Why would they publish evidence that makes it easier for them to lose the inevitable court battles that arise from these ridiculous policies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Why would they publish evidence that makes it easier for them to lose the inevitable court battles that arise from these ridiculous policies?
    They don't publish it, all of it is typically kept purely in house IF a record is even kept. Have had to sit in on a number of these panels, record keeping is poor as well.

But I suspect one key reason is by design, as you say, campus' are going to get sued, several already have been sued for these strange procedures and deliberately broad rules. I will attest that every one I've had the 'pleasure' of witnessing has been ruled against the accuser.

10+ Year Old Account
    To keep records of just being accused, even if you are found innocent, is absolutely fucking insane.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They don't publish it, all of it is typically kept purely in house IF a record is even kept.
    That hasn't stopped you from claiming that in CSU or University tribunals "Charged" and "Convicted" are "practically synonymous". You're making claims you youself acknowledge you can't have any factual basis for.

Which means in the OP when you claim they're including rape charges, you're being intentionally deceptive..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    To keep records of just being accused, even if you are found innocent, is absolutely fucking insane.
    Good news! They're only keeping records on people who were found guilty. Theo is just being misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm confused..the police doesn't handle this? Pretty sure being convicted of sexual assault tarnishes your criminal record, what's this supposed to do?
    That's what I'm thinking, shouldn't their criminal record show that they were convicted of rape? Are the college report cards going to say if that student was found drunk driving or taking drugs as well?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Universities should treat investigations into bad student behavior the same way the police do. Put the student on a leave of absence that will not affect his schooling while the police investigate the indecent and the school cooperates. The idea that the university should be able to do ANY sort of criminal investigation and bring students up on essentially "in school" charges is absolutely insane. If they want to suspend/expel the student, FINE, but the police investigate crimes. The school can cooperate in the investigation by choice or by force, but not hold an investigation of their own.
    How are they supposed to do that?
    Supply them with private tutors?
    How else would they not loose a time?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a bit silly. If the student commits a crime, the police should deal with it. If they haven't, the school should fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Uh if it's not on a criminal record then why should it be on a transcript? I'm all for slimy people getting justice but the proposal as I understand it is ridiculous.
    Pretty much this. Hell, even if it's handled by campus witch hunts that use dogshit criteria of establishing guilt instead of the police, why should it be on transcript of the new college before it's even concluded that the person is "guilty"? It goes against even the purpose of the bill mentioned in the first paragraph.

Torn on this. There seems ot be no middle ground. On one hand, this kind of thing is silly since it also includes in progress, not just finished - convicted. On the otherhand, universities doing NOTHING leads to Baylor like situations, which tarnish the entire campus for some time and give off a rapist university vibe.
    Remove the part in bold and bam, middle ground. There's no particular reason to put ongoing "investigation" on the transcript because it tarnishes the accused instead. Unless US colleges are so disjointed from reason already that just being accused of rape is "against sexual violence policies". Then also let police handle actual crimes instead of their idiotic kangaroo courts that are OK only in the minds of the likes of Endus and you have rather normal environment in both ways.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-12-14 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

That is absurd. All charges against person are void and cannot be registered anywhere unless they are confirmed by a trial. And even then there is just a limited period of time the data about previous convictions should be available.

Good news! They're only keeping records on people who were found guilty. Theo is just being misleading.
    Except for the cases where the student changes colleges, when they put it on record (for shorter amount of time) even before the investigation is concluded. Not exactly "found guilty" unless you squint your eyes really, really hard. And then gouge them out because squinting didn't work and opt for pure feels instead. Which is mentioned not only in the law itself (which has been linked twice in the thread already) but also... in the OP itself. Look at all that misleading /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's the issue here. He made a decision to get drunk and sleep with another person didn't he?
    The problem is that

1. They were both drunk
    2. Same as point one