Mistweaver in mythic+

Hey guys,
    Im looking on different forums about the stats for mythic +
    Some say take versa crit
    Some say take versa mastery
    Some say take Haste mastery

What is now the correct stats
    Thanks boyzz

haste mastery for 5mans, vers > crit (until a breakpoint with kara cloak) for raids

Deleted
    Feels i don't get the max out of it when i stack haste mastery

Deleted
    just healed my first completed 14 with haste / mastery. I find it works really well especially with EF / vivify mastery spamming

Not sure how effective EF is in 5 mans where you're never healing 6 people, but gratz on your achievement.
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    Not sure how effective EF is in 5 mans where you're never healing 6 people, but gratz on your achievement.
    When stacking mastery and you have "infinite" mana (can drink between pulls), EF gets really good due to double mastery proc on targets affected by EF hot.

I only recently started to MW. I haven't done an M+ yet, but i've done M's. I feel like my throughput is a tad low.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ebear/advanced

Are my stats ok? I have mastery in my gem slots cos of windwalker. But i've heard that mastery is still ok for M+. But again, im not 100% sure.

During big group damage, should i spam vivify and EF? Should i ever spam effuse?

You should never even cast Effuse in the first place XD
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Aren't EF bolts capable of targeting the same players, thus not wasting any of the essential healing?

Deleted
    EF doesnt need to heal 6 people to be mana effective.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    EF doesnt need to heal 6 people to be mana effective.
    Sure, I'm not disputing how good the spell is, even less its mana efficiency (since, as the op said, mana is infinite in Mythic+). I'm just thinking the following: not taking into account the double mastery bonus, Essence Font will heal each target for 110% sp. Vivify heals for 275% sp. If theres a high damage situation that affects all 5 players (NL scorpions come to mind) then sure, EF+Vivify Spam rules. Apart from that, if there isn't 5 people taking consistent damage, I prefer to use Vivify.

Again, op is not wrong, you're not wrong, just my opinion.
    Last edited by Nakazanie; 2016-12-13 at 01:33 PM. Reason: grammar
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

One issue with Mastery is that it is a non-DPS stat. Haste and Crit for mythic + would be of more value because they increase your DPS which helps push timers.

If you heal with EF/Vivify then Mastery will be a good stat, but not as viable since EF will chew through Mana. I also find a lot of mastery going to waste, since you may be casting ReM off CD which possibly means applying to players already at full life. That being said, stacking Haste to get more GCD's within the EF dot period is important to consider.

Soothing Mist has 0 interaction with Mastery, and benefits greatly from Haste/Crit.
    Vivify is stronger with Crit as it hit's 3 targets. Healing the first for a bit more with Mastery may help with Tank healing, but having all 3 instances of Vivify crit is better!

Also working towards your Legendary(s) may be beneficial, I have been lucky to receive Leggings of the Black Flame which has changed my stats, talents and play-style quite a lot. It pushed me down Haste, with Rising Thunder to maximize the benefit of the leggings.

Versa isn't great value as a stat, but people may say otherwise because of the "damage prevention" versa brings.

In the end, intellect is your strongest stat, having more stamina is a good bonus to survive those larger hits, so I would suggest stacking ilvl and just see how it all falls. If you have similar ilvl items, then look at your playstyle? Do you DPS? If so, Haste/Crit. If not, and you heal with EF probably Haste/Mastery, if you vivify probably Crit/Haste.

I think Haste is key to saving lives, getting EnvM off quicker will be life or death in a lot of cases.
    Last edited by Somus; 2016-12-13 at 02:02 AM.

Deleted
    Sure, I'm not disputing how good the spell is, even less its mana efficiency (since, as the op said, mana is infinite in Mythic+). I'm just thinking the following: not taking into account the double mastery bonus, Essence Font will heal each target for 110% sp. Vivify heals for 275% sp. If theres a high damage situation that affects all 5 players (NL scorpions come to mind) then sure, EF+Vivify Spam rules. Apart from that, if there isn't 5 people taking consistent damage, I prefer to use Vivify.

Again, op is not wrong, you're not wrong, just my opinion.
    In a 5 man each player will get hit by 3 bolts each, 330% + 36% from the hot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somus View Post
    One issue with Mastery is that it is a non-DPS stat. Haste and Crit for mythic + would be of more value because they increase your DPS which helps push timers.
    Well then just go in with Fighter Chow as WW without any healer, way more efficient and quite easy these days up to m+7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow82 View Post
    Well then just go in with Fighter Chow as WW without any healer, way more efficient and quite easy these days up to m+7.
    Guildies 3 chested a 9 EoA with this tactic with like 8 minutes to go, thats pretty much what we do now its quite nuts in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    Guildies 3 chested a 9 EoA with this tactic with like 8 minutes to go, thats pretty much what we do now its quite nuts in comparison
    What setup did they use? Just 1 tank and 4 DPS and all using Fighter Chow as food? I'm interested in trying that since so far I've tanked +2's on my paladin without any specific foodbuff (healer left before first pull, we just 4manned the rest)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satanicsuture View Post
    What setup did they use? Just 1 tank and 4 DPS and all using Fighter Chow as food? I'm interested in trying that since so far I've tanked +2's on my paladin without any specific foodbuff (healer left before first pull, we just 4manned the rest)
    Whichever one heals you outside of combat (I'm shit with names) DH tank who I've seen heal over 1M Hps and some monster DPS from our guild

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    Whichever one heals you outside of combat (I'm shit with names) DH tank who I've seen heal over 1M Hps and some monster DPS from our guild
    Yeah that's the Fighter Chow. A DH healing over 1m hps doesn't sound like a healing spell, that sounds like Darkness (a tank CD absorbing damage). That's the only one I can think of atleast. But ofcourse, monster DPS is always going to help :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    You should never even cast Effuse in the first place XD
    Wait, I'm somewhat new. Why is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Wait, I'm somewhat new. Why is this?
    I've seen plenty of people shame others about this when it's not really explained.

Effuse by itself is not a good single target heal because its ratio of mana:healing is simply very inefficient. That said, it can be considered in your healing priority as a last resort if all others are going to overheal. Two situations pop into my head:

1. You're healing the tank with ReM; EvM + SooM and it's not enough. Also, nobody else in the group needs healing. You can spam Effuse.
    2. One member of the group got hit with something and they need to be topped off before a nuclear boss ability. E.g. Shadow Bolt Volley from the last boss of Black Rook Hold will one shot your group in your high keystone and everyone has to pop personals, so they should be topped off.

This is only even acceptable I would say in a Mythic+ environment since there are no other healers. However, Vivify does barely a little more healing than Effuse so some prefer to spam Vivify in situation 1 above with the benefit of healing other members if they spontaneously take damage in that time frame. Having infinite mana in a Mythic+ also doesn't help Effuse's case. Another obvious flaw is even the slow Sheilun's would take priority over Effuse if you're confident you can get the cast off in time. Properly anticipating incoming damage will let you use the rest of your toolkit to heal with greater efficiency in general which is why people call Effuse a noob trap.

In a raid, by comparison, Effuse is only going to deplete your mana when another healer more tailored to single target healing will do it much more efficiently. Mistweaver in a raid setting is punished severely for improper mana management. You can use Effuse in a raid if you get the +200% buff from the legendary pants, though. I would also say if your raid lacks a holy priest or a holy paladin using Effuse to heal the damage from the random eye beam in Mythic Iggy is not incorrect due to how easily that damage can double dip on a player and kill them.