what i dont understand is why is OF on such a long CD when it only does like 500-600k damage, other classes do over a million damage with shorter CD. Also rampage damage is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    what i dont understand is why is OF on such a long CD when it only does like 500-600k damage, other classes do over a million damage with shorter CD. Also rampage damage is pathetic.
    Cause it does over 1 mil with BC and then an additional 2mil over time when lined up with our CDs. The only other two classes I play are DH (with a worse OF imo) and DKs (with a beefier OF but it's on a 5 min CD lol). These two classes in particular can't CD stack to the extent we can as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Cause it does over 1 mil with BC and then an additional 2mil over time when lined up with our CDs. The only other two classes I play are DH (with a worse OF imo) and DKs (with a beefier OF but it's on a 5 min CD lol). These two classes in particular can't CD stack to the extent we can as well.
    I don't know how odyns fury somehow doubles in damage overtime when its initial burst hits about 40% harder than the full over time effect, especially considering OF does not snapshot buffs like enrage or battle cry. That's not saying its bad or anything, it's still going to slam a single target for ~1.3mil with all cds up.
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2016-12-14 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    I don't know how odyns fury somehow doubles in damage overtime when its initial burst hits about 40% harder than the full over time effect, especially considering OF does not snapshot buffs like enrage or battle cry. That's not saying its bad or anything, it's still going to slam a single target for ~1.3mil with all cds up.
    OF os one of the best artifact abilities i think. It does nice damage (and a shit ton of dmg cleaving) and lines perfectly up with battle cry. Warbreaker for example is a real joke compared to this, its only use is for bladestorm with which it doesnt line up anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 840 with bad stats (least haste) on my alt, a couple thoughts of my experience.

The one expansion Bloodthirst could really use the +40% crit chance it is taken away, the "Furious" Slash mechanic is god awful, especially during execute where you already have a limited time and the Bloodthirst never crits and you end up slapping around "Furiously"

For whatever reason blizzard decided to have Bloodthirst "benefit" of Meat Cleaver, I don't know if it's optimal but feels just bad having to WW->BT->WW->Rampage during cleave, I guess Bloodthirst deals OK damage but meh. Especially if your party members include a DH and the adds you would've cleaved with Rampage are dead at the end of that sequence.

The 1,5s base GCD that was implemented in Legion is most awful for Fury warriors for sure

The spec feels all nice and fluid but without Enrage the numbers just aren't there and this especially shows during execute when Bloodthirst just doesn't want to crit at all.

Oh and the golden Traits? What Traits? They seem to proc once or twice per encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Sitting at 840 with bad stats (least haste) on my alt, a couple thoughts of my experience.

The one expansion Bloodthirst could really use the +40% crit chance it is taken away, the "Furious" Slash mechanic is god awful, especially during execute where you already have a limited time and the Bloodthirst never crits and you end up slapping around "Furiously"

For whatever reason blizzard decided to have Bloodthirst "benefit" of Meat Cleaver, I don't know if it's optimal but feels just bad having to WW->BT->WW->Rampage during cleave, I guess Bloodthirst deals OK damage but meh. Especially if your party members include a DH and the adds you would've cleaved with Rampage are dead at the end of that sequence.

The 1,5s base GCD that was implemented in Legion is most awful for Fury warriors for sure

The spec feels all nice and fluid but without Enrage the numbers just aren't there and this especially shows during execute when Bloodthirst just doesn't want to crit at all.

Oh and the golden Traits? What Traits? They seem to proc once or twice per encounter.

All I can say is preach it brother. Amen.

Raiding in mythic EN last night where often the raid as a whole takes a substantial amount of damage, I often wonder if Blizzard is intentionally trying to tell us NOT to raid as Fury. Basically the ONLY class spec in the ENTIRE game which A) Does not have a defense CD and B) Actually takes MORE damage doing it's role. For all these disadvantages, you would think we're clearly ahead of everyone else in DPS right?

When Paladins can bubble to remove stacks, Mages can Ice Block to avoid death, Rogues can Cheat Death itself, and many other classes have both defensive CDs and self heals, you often scratch your head at the lack of utility Fury has at it's fingertips. I mean, are they basically straight out telling us NOT to raid as Fury by not giving us what everyone else has AND make us take more damage to boot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    Raiding in mythic EN last night where often the raid as a whole takes a substantial amount of damage, I often wonder if Blizzard is intentionally trying to tell us NOT to raid as Fury. Basically the ONLY class spec in the ENTIRE game which A) Does not have a defense CD and B) Actually takes MORE damage doing it's role. For all these disadvantages, you would think we're clearly ahead of everyone else in DPS right?

When Paladins can bubble to remove stacks, Mages can Ice Block to avoid death, Rogues can Cheat Death itself, and many other classes have both defensive CDs and self heals, you often scratch your head at the lack of utility Fury has at it's fingertips. I mean, are they basically straight out telling us NOT to raid as Fury by not giving us what everyone else has AND make us take more damage to boot?
    This.
    Fury is in a somewhat ok state if we talk about dmg, sure we still lack behind somewhat but its not that bad.
    But beside that we offer nothing to the raid but 15% more work for healers than any other specc and class.
    If our selfheal would be superior to take care of that, fine. if we had a bunch of abilities to avoid most of the damage, fine. But we have not only any of this but lack it compared to most other classes.

I was hoping Blizz would work on it but once again another PTR build hits and Fury isn't even touched in any way

Deleted
    so... WTF is going on here

Have u guys seen the latest patch notes for 7.1.5 ?? as in ...

Ayala's Stone Heart - Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level. Approximately 2.25 procs per minute(old). 1.8 procs per minute(new).

Ceann-Ar Rage - Gain 10 Rage whenever you Enrage(old). Gain 8 Rage whenever you Enrage(new).

did we live under a mountain where fury was out dpsing all classes and just got up to real live and fury needed some more nerfs, besides the fact that, so far, still no mechanical changes or ability or dmg buff changes ??!!

have the ring since a little over a month ago and still no helm so far but ye, so far i can say that i wont be able to see how r things with the 2 bis legendaries that r now, and that is ...
    Last edited by mmocb672c6081d; 2016-12-15 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emdeka View Post
    so... WTF is going on here

Have u guys seen the latest patch notes for 7.1.5 ?? as in ...

Ayala's Stone Heart - Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level. Approximately 2.25 procs per minute(old). 1.8 procs per minute(new).

Ceann-Ar Rage - Gain 10 Rage whenever you Enrage(old). Gain 8 Rage whenever you Enrage(new).

did we live under a mountain where fury was out dpsing all classes and just got up to real live and fury needed some more nerfs, besides the fact that, so far, still no mechanical changes or ability or dmg buff changes ??!!
    Unfortunately we just are not going to see Warrior mechanical changes in 7.1.5. It's fairly clear they are concentrating on a few classes this patch for mechanical changes (Hunters, Priests, Locks to a lesser extent, and Mages). If we were going to see changes the tinkering would have started already so that they could have additional time to refine/tune appropriately. Maybe in 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    Unfortunately we just are not going to see Warrior mechanical changes in 7.1.5. It's fairly clear they are concentrating on a few classes this patch for mechanical changes (Hunters, Priests, Locks to a lesser extent, and Mages). If we were going to see changes the tinkering would have started already so that they could have additional time to refine/tune appropriately. Maybe in 7.2.5.
    Not entirely true. Apparently when they said fury probably needed a rework they meant prot.

They also nerfed the legendary back for fury, too. Down to 4 stacks from 5. Because that 1 extra stack which gave 1% extra damage was just too much.

Its obvious there are multiple teams that just run around doing whatever without talking to each other. Nerfs to Fury Artifacts are essentially done by the Legendary nerf team. They wanted to nerf ALL Legendaries so to try to make them not BiS, but instead of redesigning cool stuff they just nerf the good stuff. 1% here, 1 extra stack there, 1 lower PPM here, etc, etc.

I mean if people haven't lost faith in the D3 . . . er new WoW Development team by now, I don't know what final nail in the coffin it would take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every spec received nerfs to legendaries (some more then Fury), to compensate most specs now have a damage boost on the PTR, Fury (and Arms) got a +5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well back is now even worse.....
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

It's just hilarious to me that the mage bracers, ring, and helm didn't get touched at all. And no, 300% --> 275% is absolutely nothing compared to the crushing and widespread nerfs nearly every other leg got. Plenty of legs got nerfed harder on the first pass, and then nerfed again.

Boomkin legs also survived somehow. DH ring retaining 1-12 with demon blades is hilarious, and meta will still be a 1 min to 1min 30s CD come NH with proper gear w/ shoulders + ring. While I agree with the sentiment of these widespread nerfs, I think they are coming a little too late and also some legs seem to be arbitrarily excluded. There are still quite a few that are going to give a 8-11% damage increase, and others that were nerfed down to a 4-6%.

I really don't understand how the balance team functions at this stage, seems like a mess.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-12-15 at 07:37 AM.

All the gloom and doom, pathetic.

They said all legendaries will get nerfed..End of story.

This thread sounds like you are in top 10 guild raiders that you will be "replaced" f you dont perform, when in reality you probably arent even close to anything like that.

Just because some broken classes can do XX stuff with some mechanic, its all gloom and doom.

If i can pull 350-450K DPS with my offspec (AKA NO DPS LEGENDARIES CAUSE ITS AN OFFSPEC) as a Warrior depending on the fight, so can any Fury warrior.

Stop focusing on "WAHH OTHER CLASSES" and become a better Warrior yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This thread sounds like you are in top 10 guild raiders that you will be "replaced" f you dont perform, when in reality you probably arent even close to anything like that.
    And top10 guild raiders are 0.00000001% and nobody cares, at least not Blizzard. So does that mean that if you ain't one of those you shouldn't enjoy or try to be competitive on your "raiding lvl"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    And top10 guild raiders are 0.00000001% and nobody cares, at least not Blizzard. So does that mean that if you ain't one of those you shouldn't enjoy or try to be competitive on your "raiding lvl"?
    No it means that if you arent competitive at your raiding level, its personal and not Blizzard faults, which is most of the case in these forums generally.

As i said, if i can do it and i am a medium-skilled Fury Warrior, being a tank for 12 years and barely DPSing on my warrior, i usually have like 4-5 more casts of Furious Slash than i generally should in a raid fight and i can still pull 350-450K which is more than enough in any content right now.

And i doubt this complainers are in guilds that finish the fight with higher DPS than that, thats all.

Deleted
    I think you misunderstand what ppl are saying. They don't say the aren't competitive. You will find most decent players say that they are around midpack or so depending on how good your fellow raiders are and obviously depending on the fight. Some though say that for being more squishy than anyone else there is no trade off, like you don't do that little extra dps...or that you need to work more to get same results as another class/spec. On top of that getting relatively "more" nerfed than another class that is already stronger either with more dps and/or more utility is a concern depending on the scale of the nerf.

A new PTR build... aaaaaand it's gone.