Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I remember Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea (Les Mondes Engloutis was the French title) when I was a kid back in the 80s.

Also watched Bravestarr.

I reckon Bravestarr wouldn't be aired in today's more ethnically sensitive age.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    80's and early 90's cartoons were the best

Action Force, Defenders of the Earth, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, The Real Ghostbusters, Transformers, Dragonball Z. Aah the memories.

Mysterious Cities of Gold was pretty popular in Australia too. Loved it as well as He-man (Masters of the Universe), Robotech, Astroboy, Ulysses and Transformers.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

7+ Year Old Account
    90's and early 00's cartoons, can't be beat. I still like watching a bit of Courage the Cowardly Dog when I get the chance.
    Also like to mention Freakazoid, Dexter's Lab(Justice Friends skits too), early Spongebob and Rocko's Modern Life.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember many of these but anyone here remember this.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigo View Post
    I remember many of these but anyone here remember this.
    Yeah, used to have the toys too

Holy fuck, I forgot that existed. They must've shown it in Australia in the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Used to watch it every morning lol. I fucking loved the golden condor.

10+ Year Old Account
    This show was huge in the UK as well. Philip Schofield, who back in the day presented CBBC, attempted to sing along with the end credits. He foolishly did not know youtube would one day be a thing and that the clip would haunt him

On a personal note, it remains the favourite cartoon of my childhood beating out contenders such as Transformers and Thundercats to that spot. The first season of the show remains extremely watchable, which I can confirm after the show got a DVD release a few years back and I was able to give it another viewing.

For the sake of pure nostalgia I watched the second as well, it was good but it lacked the bite of the first show (which had actual deaths).

I will probably give this third series a watch as well when it is translated...for the sake of pure nostalgia.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-12-14 at 11:05 AM.

They had a giant golden plane or spacecraft that they discovered in the first city? Or my memory is playing tricks with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    This show was huge in the UK as well. Philip Schofield, who back in the day presented CBBC, attempted to sing along with the end credits. He foolishly did not know youtube would one day be a thing and that the clip would haunt him

On a personal note, it remains the favourite cartoon of my childhood beating out contenders such as Transformers and Thundercats to that spot. The first season of the show remains extremely watchable, which I can confirm after the show got a DVD release a few years back and I was able to give it another viewing.

For the sake of pure nostalgia I watched the second as well, it was good but it lacked the bite of the first show (which had actual deaths).

I will probably give this third series a watch as well when it is translated...for the sake of pure nostalgia.
    The broom cupboard! fuck me that takes me back to my youth.

Also i loved Mysterious citys of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    French animators in the 80s really had a thing for mixing ancient legends with sci-fi;
    *snip*
    I loved Ulysses and spartakus they were some of the best shows we had in cuba in the 90s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

80s? 90s? 00s?
    Please. Kids these days.

Give me the late 60s and the 70s and the memories that go with them.
    The following decades were just imitations, pale copies...

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to watch Ulysses 31 and it still holds up today even if the dialogue is a little cheesy and well the old samurai pizza cats its even in my name, but I am looking foreward to the new Ducktales since its taking more insparation from the old Carl Barks comics and artwork

I had never heard of it before this point but it does have a very solid theme song, I'll give it that. Show me that at 10 I would've been hooked. As for me, I had Spongebob.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Perfectly legal streaming version.

http://www.telequebec.tv/les-mysteri...or-les-027-052

They are in Japan now (Esteban and co.)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-12-16 at 09:52 PM.

This show had fantastic music and I'm not even talking about the theme song. The creepy music with the chanting still gives me chills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    They had a giant golden plane or spacecraft that they discovered in the first city? Or my memory is playing tricks with me
    A golden condor