Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I sometimes roam randomly the 'be careful' music starts and my party starts acting careful. But I see no enemies around.

Did anyone else notice during the later chapters when you head to the western continent, that if you zoom in really close you can actually see the Glacian's body on the map? You can actually make out her ass and legs, lol.

I dunno if it's a bug but during the chapter where you go into the dungeon with Aranaya to get the mythril to fix the boat after glad has gone off to do his own thing on the way I got asked by prompto take a photo. I went and did it and to my extreme surprise a random woman who I think it's gentiana appeared in the photo yet nobody commented on the mystery woman in the image and it can't be Ariyana as this happened before I got to the Dungeon.

Did anyone else have this happen too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I dunno if it's a bug but during the chapter where you go into the dungeon with Aranaya to get the mythril to fix the boat after glad has gone off to do his own thing on the way I got asked by prompto take a photo. I went and did it and to my extreme surprise a random woman who I think it's gentiana appeared in the photo yet nobody commented on the mystery woman in the image and it can't be Ariyana as this happened before I got to the Dungeon.

Did anyone else have this happen too?
    Gentiana and Carbuncle (if you play on easy) has been commonly seen photobombing. So it was most likely Gentiana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Did anyone else notice during the later chapters when you head to the western continent, that if you zoom in really close you can actually see the Glacian's body on the map? You can actually make out her ass and legs, lol.
    Sounds like you really went looking.

I dunno if I'd say 8 was grim. They all made it out alive, the big bad was dead, the world was saved, squall and rinoa got together and ellone and Laguna got reunited.
    Even Seifer survived and is having wacky adventure hijinks with his sidekicks.
    Although they still need to deal with future-ultimecia when she is born and she is always sent back in time to Edea every time Squall defeats her like Garland 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Although they still need to deal with future-ultimecia when she is born and she is always sent back in time to Edea every time Squall defeats her like Garland 2.0.
    The reason why no one should even care to pay attention to VIII. It's an eternal time loop caused by shit writing.

Deleted
    Well the time period in which she respawns have already passed so it's more like she is stuck in an eternal fight while the world goes on unless they shank her as a child in the future and prevents VIII from ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Sounds like you really went looking.

Even Seifer survived and is having wacky adventure hijinks with his sidekicks.
    I always look at ingame maps to see how detailed they are and what exactly they show. When I was riding on the train and traversing the new continent, I zoomed in across the whole thing to check it out and noticed you can actually see Shiva's body on the map. She is pretty huge after all. Her exact positioning looks like she's laying somewhat on her stomach, with her head up in the air. Which means from a top down perspective, you see her ass and legs sprawled out across the land. Lol.

Just wasn't sure if anyone else took the time to notice the little details that developers put in their games like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if I'd say 8 was grim. They all made it out alive, the big bad was dead, the world was saved, squall and rinoa got together and ellone and Laguna got reunited. Ffx was sad that tidus disappeared but not grim. Ff13 saw fang and vanille crystallised again but otherwise everyone came out unscathed again sad not grim . Ff13-2 was grim with Serah dropping dead at the end of the game. Type-0 was grim too with the whole class except the two extras dying at the end 7 was again sad not grim and I didn't finish 1-6, 12 or 13-3 so I can't comment
    VIII has that stupid loop. Loops are grim to me, no free will.

X - everything up to the end was grim + what happens to Tidus. A world you have to live modestly or the big sky whale might come and eat you. A world where if you're not buried properly you turn into a demon. A world priest on sent on celebrated prilgimages of ritualistic scarifice just to make the sky whale go to sleep for a little while. And and the priest must pick on of their friends to be tormented by Yu Yevon and become the next sky whale. Ok, I'd say then ending of that one was much better than who it started, Tidus be damned.

XIII - My 2 favorite characters had to die and then Sarah .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    When I sometimes roam randomly the 'be careful' music starts and my party starts acting careful. But I see no enemies around.
    Probably MTs. They have a huge warning range. I had one squad trigger me several times while driving up a hill even though they couldn't see me nor could I see them. The only reason I knew that they were there was because I saw their dropship.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Speaking of dropships, i noticed that they upgrade the rooster and throws in a miniboss for good measure when you get stronger.

Do they actually drop off that lamia boss we saw in Brotherhood?

Ya if we can't fight the "Weapon boss, That is clearly from FF7" we seen in Kingsglave ill be highly disappointed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-14 at 11:59 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya if we can't fight the "Weapon boss, That is clearly from FF7" we seen in Kingsglave ill be highly disappointed.
    You do, and he is the biggest joke of a "super boss" in final fantasy history. LVL 120 mob for the final legendary weapon quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You do, and he is the biggest joke of a "super boss" in final fantasy history. LVL 120 mob for the final legendary weapon quest.
    Now I'm just sad.....

At lease we get to fight it tho.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Now I'm just sad.....

It's a cool looking take on Omega Weapon, almost looks like Diamond Weapon and Omega Weapon had a baby. To be fair to him he does wipe the floor with your party(they're worthless on this fight, even with 10k hp they will be 1 shot constantly) but he is no match for a well prepapred Noct.

Now I'm just sad.....

You don't actually, and I'm not sure how Tech614 confused the giant Diamond Weapon style daemon from Kingsglaive for the much smaller reskin of the deathclaw type enemy you encounter in a few other places in the game (I think that's the type... it's the same model type as the thing you fight just before meeting the Glacian and is the same model type as the level 70 something in the area before the Ifrit fight...probably not remembering the creature name correctly.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-12-14 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    You don't actually, and I'm not sure how Tech614 confused the giant Diamond Weapon style daemon from Kingsglaive for the much smaller reskin of the deathclaw type enemy you encounter in a few other places in the game.
    Naglfar is the same weapon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UXbQobYac They would have to be trying pretty hard to make him look like it for him to not be it. If you're trying to say he's not a weapon well... you haven't played many FF games he looks like every weapon ever in a FF game.

He uses the same skeleton as a deathclaw, which is where you seem to be confusing it. He is actually much bigger then any deathclaw in the game. He's not as anywhere near as big as the diamond weapon was in the movie, but if he was his moveset would be impossible in the first place. He looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon with a slight resemblence to omega weapon in spite of him using the deathclaw skeleton.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-14 at 02:08 PM.

JT asked if you fight the thing from the movie. You clearly don't.

Inspiration behind Naglfar aside (which is debatable, and he can be similarly inspired by the weapon bosses from ff7 without being the same as the movie creature), the creature from the movie is not in the game. It's that simple.

And I'm sorry but he does not look almost exactly like diamond weapon from Kingsglaive or FF7...there are noticeably more differences than similarities in their design. Different face, different shoulders, different chest, different legs (tough to see in the movie, but DW is bipedal), different tail area.

Saying they look almost exactly the same is a pretty big stretch.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-12-14 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Naglfar is the same weapon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UXbQobYac They would have to be trying pretty hard to make him look like it for him to not be it. If you're trying to say he's not a weapon well... you haven't played many FF games he looks like every weapon ever in a FF game.

He uses the same skeleton as a deathclaw, which is where you seem to be confusing it. He is actually much bigger then any deathclaw in the game. He's not as anywhere near as big as the diamond weapon was in the movie, but if he was his moveset would be impossible in the first place. He looks almost exactly like Diamond Weapon with a slight resemblence to omega weapon in spite of him using the deathclaw skeleton.
    Ya that's not who I am talking about at all.

I am talking about the one based on Diamon Weapon from FF7 and that monster doesn't come close to it......

(Now I'm sad).

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Weapon

Edit: Hope they add him in even more so in the MP DLC.....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-14 at 02:25 PM.

So I ended up spending three hours in Costlemark Dungeon last night so I definitely didn't finish the game after all. But hey I have all the King's weapons now so that's cool Also not a big fan of fighting tons of mobs in tight spaces, was the first time I had to chug potions like no tomorrow >< Jabberwok fight was fun though.

So I did realize I had one bug.

Did anyone else notice the audio of the battle music and effects was higher then the voices of the characters. It got annoying when there would be a cool cut scene and I had to turn up the volume to hear the person speaking over the music.

adjusting the sounds did help a bit but wasn't a 100% fix.
    Yea, first thing I did when I started the game was turn sfx down to about 30, music to 50, and leave dialogue at 100 because as much as I love music in games I can't stand not being able to hear the dialogue. Despite this during the end of chapter 13 and the whole big reveal thing happens, I missed most of what was said because the music was too loud

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea, first thing I did when I started the game was turn sfx down to about 30, music to 50, and leave dialogue at 100 because as much as I love music in games I can't stand not being able to hear the dialogue. Despite this during the end of chapter 13 and the whole big reveal thing happens, I missed most of what was said because the music was too loud
    Yep was my issue as well on 13. Quite pissed me off lol.