Page 83 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    "The Russians influenced the election by telling us the truth about what the Democrats have been doing!!!
    If that's the case then I highly doubt Obama would be discussing declassifying intelligence. Why would he want the whole world to know what the DNC has been up to? We already saw how corrupt they are with what happened to Sanders.

It is speculation as to what intelligence the CIA has but I don't think Obama would be too keen on releasing info that simply makes Democrats look worse.

The cia is disinformation, their only purpose is to lie and be deceitful.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't answer my question. What other entity would you trust for US intelligence matters?
    None now. They have been dropping the ball too much. Every time some terrorist blows something up in the US or shoots a bunch of ppl we find out the FBI, CIA, or NSA was aware of them but dropped the ball.

The World Trade center bombing, 9-11, Fort Hood, Boston, the underwear bomber, San Bernardino, and Orlando all had been on the radar before they went down.

That is pretty crazy, especially since Wikileaks is far from any sort of official intelligence agency, has limited resources, and Julian Assange isn't exactly free of bias or agenda.

I don't have anything else to say to that. You may borrow my tinfoil hat.
    It's crazy yet trusting an organisation that constantly lies, does illegal things and tries to cover them up is all peachy right?

Have you ever heard of MKUltra?

Wikileaks might not have the same resources, but they are far more transparent and that's precisely why I trust them more than an organisation with a horrible track record of lying and manipulation. Sorry if that's crazy or "tin-foil hat" for you.

If that's the case then I highly doubt Obama would be discussing declassifying intelligence. Why would he want the whole world to know what the DNC has been up to? We already saw how corrupt they are with what happened to Sanders.

It is speculation as to what intelligence the CIA has but I don't think Obama would be too keen on releasing info that simply makes Democrats look worse.
    I was just rephrasing the outrage of the folks on the left. I think it would be dumb to release the alleged intelligence that we caught another country spying on us. I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than to make us look weak and stupid.

But the outrage is over the information that has already been released. We are supposed to believe Russian hackers supplied it. Maybe they did. I'm just not one to get outraged at a tattler. I'm more focused on the information they spilled.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't answer my question. What other entity would you trust for US intelligence matters?
    I would hope our Government leadership can trust the CIA. I would hope the CIA are reporting the truth to them in their briefings. As far as what "CIA intel" I think we can trust that makes it all the way to us plebeians - I trust none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yeah, same with how Liberals started distrusting wikileaks when it was inconvenient for them. These people are who you refer to as hypocrites.
    Their is a difference between distrusting WIkileaks and not liking them aiming directly at the democratic party which the whole releasing of the emails was. Seriously the whole BULLSHIT about Pizzagate was because they released private emails that had allot of mentions of Pizza in it.

This wasn't whistle-blowing, showing the corrupt side of people in power. The worst thing they showed was that the leadership was pushing for Clinton as the democratic nominee which frankly is no different then Republicans originally pushing for Bush.

Yeah, same with how Liberals started distrusting wikileaks when it was inconvenient for them. These people are who you refer to as hypocrites.
    Wikileaks was already declining in esteem among liberals for some time. They'd changed their publishing practices to no longer redact irrelevant but personal information and that rightly earned them a lot of side-eye.

Their conduct during the election was also more than "said bad things about Clinton", to be fair. For instance, spreading conspiracies about wifi jammers and push polls about Clinton's health.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be really surprised if CIA didn't blame Russians again when something went against their wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Russia is accused of what exactly? A Russian helped release emails and transcripts which proved.... Hillary Clinton is the person everybody but Wells and Nixx thought she was.
    No I'm pretty sure Wells and Nixx thought the FBI would drop the investigation for lack of evidence without pressing a single charge.

Because, I don't know if you're aware, but that's what happened in reality. Remember reality? That unpleasant place full of inconvenient facts you had to live in before Breitbart started sheltering you from it.

- - - Updated - - -

You think that's maybe because wikileaks started behaving, let's say, (((suspiciously)))?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    Member when the CIA lied about WMD's in Iraq?
    I remember when the Bush administration lied about WMDs in Iraq. The actual CIA report heavily qualified its information on Saddam's weapons programs and contained many caveats the Republicans deliberately left off to trump up the case for a War in Iraq. We all knew they were lying at the time, but the full version of the intelligence brief was made public last year in case anyone had any doubts.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/he...15-3?r=US&IR=T

I wish I could go back to 2002 and tell people about how the Republicans are now running on a platform of distrusting CIA intelligence because of how unjustified the Iraq War was. I think they'd die of irony poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Trump is president, he met Kanya today. Liberals love the CIA and hate Wikileaks, and an internet meme was a legit campaign issue.

What an exciting time to be alive.

What other weird shits going on?
    It's not about 'loving' the CIA, it's understanding that unless you have some damning evidence of treasonous activities against the largest US intelligence agency, then the assumption is that they work for the US people. Instead we have people here who would rather throw thousands of US service members under the bus to laud the "successes" of a hostile adversary nation. Interesting times indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Don't see how what they said implied this. Regardless, California's electoral votes are not proportional to their population. Not even close.

The combined votes of other states would also matter if the election was dictated by the popular vote. I don't see any logical reason why a less populated state should matter more than a more populated state.
    You clearly need to go back and read all the back and forth we had, its like 15 posts, maybe more. He clearly stated in one of them that due to California having the 5th largest economy, the votes in other states shouldn't hold as much value. I agree, with your second point but again, if you go back and read it in order, I stated the combined electoral votes of Florida, Texas and Arizona outnumber that of California, thus canceling it out. You came late to the conversation but if you want me to keep going please go read each post they and I made to each other so you are getting the full picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's not about 'loving' the CIA, it's understanding that unless you have some damning evidence of treasonous activities against the largest US intelligence agency, then the assumption is that they work for the US people. Instead we have people here who would rather throw thousands of US service members under the bus to laud the "successes" of a hostile adversary nation. Interesting times indeed.
    Again I fail to see the issue, we hack them, they hack us, we all hack China and China hacks the world. The big difference is that this time the dirty secrets were let out of the Clinton closet and the liberals are pissed. Sure it didn't help her win the election but it doesn't equal Russia winning for Trump. There is no evidence of voter fraud or tampering by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    While the CIA is releasing "secret" investigations, they should release Obamas real birth certificate to prove he wasn't born a US citzen.

@Crissi I was being sarcastic... hence the quotes around secret
    Why would they do that when they're in his pocket? Must be nice being heir to the Nigerian king that happened to have reclaimed his throne with the help of so many kind email respondents so Obama could sell you on reading books as commonly practiced by the great billionaire Warren Buffett next to his Lamborghini in his garage. Also, I'm not jealous of President Obama because he's a billionaire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    Again I fail to see the issue, we hack them, they hack us, we all hack China and China hacks the world. The big difference is that this time the dirty secrets were let out of the Clinton closet and the liberals are pissed. Sure it didn't help her win the election but it doesn't equal Russia winning for Trump. There is no evidence of voter fraud or tampering by them.
    Welp bois, you heard it here, go tell our military and our intelligence agencies to go ahead and pack up and close down their cybersecurity departments and set all passwords to password, Cyi fails to see the issue with hostile foreign governments infiltrating public and private information on US soil.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    "The Russians influenced the election by telling us the truth about what the Democrats have been doing!!!!"

The problem boils down to the tattle not being worse than the tale. I'm not even sure how you prosecute the tattle. Regardless, the tale was that the Clintons, the DNC, and the media were conspiring against the American people. Then instead of getting upset at what they did, we are supposed to get upset that they got caught.

If they hadn't have done what they did, then it wouldn't have mattered what foreign governments were doing with their email.

That said, the DNC should probably look to 1) tighten their cyber security, and 2) stop trying to cheat.
    They were punished by losing everything already. Don't get why people keep overlooking this or what they want to happen to the DNC. What they did was not illegal so there's no jail time to be faced. We know that the hacks also produced dirt on the RNC but that was (and is still) being kept secret. It's not because there's nothing "incriminating" in there I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I remember when the Bush administration lied about WMDs in Iraq. The actual CIA report heavily qualified its information on Saddam's weapons programs and contained many caveats the Republicans deliberately left off to trump up the case for a War in Iraq. We all knew they were lying at the time, but the full version of the intelligence brief was made public last year in case anyone had any doubts.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/he...15-3?r=US&IR=T

I wish I could go back to 2002 and tell people about how the Republicans are now running on a platform of distrusting CIA intelligence because of how unjustified the Iraq War was. I think they'd die of irony poisoning.
    Did CIA's report definitively claim Iraq/Saddam Hussein had WMDs, yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Did CIA's report definitively claim Iraq/Saddam Hussein had WMDs, yes/no?
    Mormolyce answered that already in the post you quoted.

Or do you not understand how:

"The actual CIA report heavily qualified its information on Saddam's weapons programs and contained many caveats" =/= definitive claim
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

"The actual CIA report heavily qualified its information on Saddam's weapons programs and contained many caveats" =/= definitive claim
    Did not ask you. Still waiting on Mormolyce's response.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Pretty much.

CIA: "They may or may not have a more advanced weapon program than previously thought and may or may not have supplies to make WMDs. Needs further investigation."

White House: "THEY GOT NUKES WE GOIN TO WAR BOYS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Did not ask you. Still waiting on Mormolyce's response.
    Yeah, you keep trying to win an argument you already lost by asking a question that was already answered.

Its a good look for you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Unless they actually manipulated the results in that the winner (Trump) didn't actually win, I don't see the point. Of course they tried to influence things to their benefit. Welcome to reality. I'm no more outraged by that then europeans here on Mmo-champion expressing their opinion about the election and trying to "influence" the americans who actually make the choice. So the russians got the person they wanted, good for them. Doesn't nullify the result unless there is some part of the constitution that says you cant be president if a foreign government likes you. (Yes the "outrage" over this is that stupid).