Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Something I noticed with the WoW community

Is a lot seem to be against anything new added to the game that doesn't reward anything be it housing, micro-holidays or other fun activities. This is something that seems to be growing more so with people seemingly dismissive of any suggestions for content that doesn't reward gear. Now some may say this isn't just the 'WoW community' but I have and still do occasionally play other MMORPGs and don't notice the amount of gear obsession in those games. Perhaps it's just the vocal minority I hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can somewhat understand since most games nowadays are based around play/reward model so if you don't actually play games "for fun" it's kind of a foreign concept.

Millenials generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I can somewhat understand since most games nowadays are based around play/reward model so if you don't actually play games "for fun" it's kind of a foreign concept.
    For fun? What do you think this is, bub? A game?!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    For fun? What do you think this is, bub? A game?!
    Is for me! Sadly some people treat it like work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Millenials generation.
    Just saying Millennials involves people born in the 80s when gaming began to become mainstream

I don't play WoW for the RP. So any dev time spent on roleplay content like player-housing is time that isn't spent on actual gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    These mini holidays still have to contain some sort of gameplay element, a form of progression, or end goal. The rewards don't have to be player power but - getting on a balloon around a zone is an event that development time is spent on.. seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    These mini holidays still have to contain some sort of gameplay element, a form of progression, or end goal. The rewards don't have to be player power but - getting on a balloon around a zone is an event that development time is spent on.. seriously?
    They don't have to do any of that at all IMO. There is a large segment of RPers in this games, easily on par with or bigger than the non LFR raiding scene. They eat this stuff up. Some of it looks fun to do if you want to play but don't want to do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I don't play WoW for the RP. So any dev time spent on roleplay content like player-housing is time that isn't spent on actual gameplay.
    Much like pets, and mounts, I am sure this is done by people in their downtime or by a small team that wouldn't necessarily be on other stuff ATM.

I don't think those things would necessarily be an issue if it weren't for the overwhelming feeling that the dev split to work on the suggested items might interefere with some of the real problems in the game. No offense to Blizzard really, but if the majority of your playerbase feels certain things are broken already, why add additional points of failure? For me it has nothing to do with reward, I would just like my output whether dps, healing or tanking to be commensurate to the time I put in to the class, which is something majorly broken imo; the fact that FoTM classes is a thing due to players changing spec/class so often just to be on top speaks highly here, not all classes are made even and it goes against the philosophy "Bring the player, not the class", as some classes no matter how good the player is simply just aren't viable. Player housing would be fantastic and a fun thing, sure, but when much of the focus is gearing, raids and/or pvp, having a house hardly makes the real objectives in the game any better.
    Last edited by Hellrime; 2016-12-14 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    I don't play WoW for PvP but I don't begrudge those people content

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I agree, a balloon ride around a zone that we have been in for months now isnt something that I am fan of wasting dev time on. My 2 cents
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I don't think those things would necessarily be an issue if it weren't for the overwhelming feeling that the dev split to work on the suggested items might interefere with some of the real problems in the game. No offense to Blizzard really, but if the majority of your playerbase feels certain things are broken already, why add additional points of failure? For me it has nothing to do with reward, I would just like my output whether dps, healing or tanking to be commensurate to the time I put in to the class, which is something majorly broken imo. Player housing would be fantastic and a fun thing, sure, but when much of the focus is gearing, raids and/or pvp, having a house hardly makes the real objectives in the game any better.
    This has been said many time by Blizzard and actual programmers on this forum, Blizzards code is so big and messy due to it's age and the original engine and subsequent upgrades made to it over time, that making, what players think is an easy fix, is not easy and can take months to figure out where to fix it then how to fix it without breaking other parts of the game. But this goes ignored every time it is said.

It is just the vocal minority.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't play WoW anymore OP, but I agree with you wholeheartedy. That being said, I think the problem exstend to a lot of MMOs now sadly.

Part of the problem, and some of the responses so far in this thread is evident of it, is some people think WoW should stricly focus on X content instead of Y. Not saying you directly, but I'm sure many of us have heard comments from fellow guild members or friends when they say, "There is nothing to do". This thought process imo is usually BS and it really should be phrased, "I don't want to do all the content they have." Most games I have found to have significant amount of things for people to do, but are ignored. Rather I should say the people I play with ignore them, since most the people I associate myself with consider themselves "hardcore" (though to me this would mean doing all the content available).

Ultimately I think a lot lof the pop left in WoW are people that have become accustomed to everything they touch should increase the progression of their character. Entertaining things like pet battles and the sorts are irrelevant to them, because although entertaining, does not ultimately do anything for the progression of their character.

I'm looking for to this Pantheon game and hoping some of this mentality disappears. Probably won't though.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I agree, a balloon ride around a zone that we have been in for months now isnt something that I am fan of wasting dev time on. My 2 cents
    More content outside raids and pvp is a good thing. The game could do with more of these events so we can get away from "must have gear from everything" mind set.

thats nice. i dont rp either, but player housing is amazing, and content that isnt player housing is wasted because i want it.

see how opinions work?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is a lot seem to be against anything new added to the game that doesn't reward anything be it housing, micro-holidays or other fun activities. This is something that seems to be growing more so with people seemingly dismissive of any suggestions for content that doesn't reward gear. Now some may say this isn't just the 'WoW community' but I have and still do occasionally play other MMORPGs and don't notice the amount of gear obsession in those games. Perhaps it's just the vocal minority I hear.
    no, we simply don't care about things that are not in the game and don't solve any real problem if added.
    i don't get why mmo must be a genre where you have EVERYTHING others games have.
    some mmo have housing, some do not. it is not a required feature.

the argument is not "i don't care so i am against it", it is "i don't care and if prefer if they focus on giving us a better content i care about".
    it is a fact that devs have limited resources, and people like if they are spent on the content they care.
    which for most player is the content that gives you a progression, incidentally in this game is only gear.

people have played 10+ years a game without housing, why are you surprised if they don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I blame god damn farmville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    no, we simply don't care about things that are not in the game and don't solve any real problem if added.
    i don't get why mmo must be a genre where you have EVERYTHING others games have.
    some mmo have housing, some do not. it is not a required feature.

the argument is not "i don't care so i am against it", it is "i don't care and if prefer if they focus on giving us a better content i care about".
    it is a fact that devs have limited resources, and people like if they are spent on the content they care.
    which for most player is the content that gives you a progression, incidentally in this game is only gear.

people have played 10+ years a game without housing, why are you surprised if they don't care?
    Why are you surprised that after 10 years people want something new that isn't just raids? I aren't strictly speaking player housing but other suggestions that get shot down quickly by people only wanting gear