Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    The only problem with the Legendary system is that most DPS players see anything that isn't a DPS increase as useless, so basically anything that is a "utility" legendary is immediately useless. Which is the wrong way to look at it, which is why most players are straight up bad, they look at a challenge and instead of attempting to overcome it they want the challenge made easier.
    DPS trying to maximize dps makes DPS bad. Makes sense.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with the Legendary system is that most DPS players see anything that isn't a DPS increase as useless, so basically anything that is a "utility" legendary is immediately useless. Which is the wrong way to look at it, which is why most players are straight up bad, they look at a challenge and instead of attempting to overcome it they want the challenge made easier.
    Or they just want to get into a guild with any level of progression?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Do you really have to be a game designer to understand why a Legendary Token system would be horrendous in practice? Extremely shortsighted bandwagon suggestion and nothing else. Glad to see Blizzard aren't going that route just because people automatically go for the "fix" that'd mean the fastest possible progression.

And then there's the community that will always theorycraft the best of them. Alright, so if all legendarys that increase your damage is removed... so which legendary now becomes the BiS (and thus mandatory?) because it has the most impact on overall raid performance? Which are now mandatory for tanks and healers?

This community proves time and time again that Blizzard has to be so incredibly, EXTREMELY careful whenever they add something new, because "mandatory" has become a buzzword, and has been for years now. Add a nice raid-level trinket to a profession? Welp guess that profession is now mandatory, right? Can't have that! Remove!
    Blizzard should know how their players approach their game - a game that has practically trained them to act the way they do. Extra power has all kinds of ways to be given to the player, without a flat stat-on-gear approach. Rotations in conjunction with gear is one example, but they've sanded the rotations down to bare metal this time around.

The problem is on both sides. The devs don't design to how players actually act, and the players will always look to game the system to their own benefit every time. They've nurtured and trainied a player-base to act in ways that have made changes almost impossible.

What's the fix? Hell if I know. It might be time to hang WoW up as "done' and start over.

Deleted
    DPS saying a mitigation trinket is useless makes DPS bad. If you were in a progression raid guild then you would be able to see that the utility legendaries are good for progression, despite not being DPS increases. If you arne't in a progress raid guild then the legendaries aren't doing much for you anyway.

DPS having the sole objective of doing bigger numbers make the DPS bad, yes.

Oh really, I joined a progression raiding guild with one utility legendary, I got my second legendary and that was also a utility legendary, I've yet to be benched. Strange.
    No? Hence we have this discussion in the first place. No one wants utility/crap legendaries instead of their BiS DPS ones. Especially not during progression.

No DH mastery snapshot hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Upcoming PTR Legendary Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    There's definitely a lot we've learned here. Ion even said pretty much exactly this in the last Q&A - if we did it all over again, we'd probably only make "Utility" Legendaries.
    Funny, sounds exactly like something I suggested even though others on this site insisted that legendaries have always been about damage.

I really hope Blizzard learned something from this one, never ever give players a choice between damage and something else, they will always choose damage, and throw a tantrum if they can't do so.
    I feel making them all utility is boring as hell too. I'd almost prefer them ALL giving different types of throughput increases. Then again...I'm always a fan of buffing low outliers up, NOT nerfing everything that's good to bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

but most utilities are useless

Quote Originally Posted by Jkurbs View Post
    DPS trying to maximize dps makes DPS bad. Makes sense.
    No, it makes them annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think this is the crux of the issue. The legendaries on paper are fine, but the devs are refusing to see that guilds and players will ALWAYS demand the BiS. Always. They probably expect guilds to overlook your lack of 885 gear, but anyone who plays knows that's not how it works. Everyone knows that competitive guilds will require legendaries, and make raid composition decisions based on that.
    If a guild is benching you because of legendaries - it's not because of legendaries. It's because they don't like you. Probably because you whine about legendaries too much.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Deleted
    I have no clue what went wrong in the egg heads of blizz. There will always be the two bis legendaries no matter what. They can change the effects on the items or whatever, but the two strongest legendaries will be focused and the QQ'ing will never stop. Even if they change all legendaries to utility ones, they will still have stats on it, so we are still going to use the legs with the strongest dps output. No one cares about utility effects. Will of Valeera is an good example, completely useless for raid enviroment - bad effect and the haste makes this pants worse than 890 with correct stats.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-15 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    In short, Legion has been an okay expansion for normal people, an amazing expansion for casuals but the absolute worst one yet for people like me in the 4/7-5/7 Mythic EN range who work real jobs and can't play all the god damned time.
    I agree with all of your post, except I don't think it's amazing for casuals at all. Most casuals that I know (including myself in that number) like to: level and play alts and do professions. Both of which are locked behind dungeons, time gates, and RNG. When I look at how much I have yet to do in order to simply level my alts' professions I just close the game. Forget it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armory or I don't believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    No, it makes them annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

If a guild is benching you because of legendaries - it's not because of legendaries. It's because they don't like you. Probably because you whine about legendaries too much.
    I havent subbed to WoW since the first week of WOD.

But you keep thinking you know things. It's working so well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I havent subbed to WoW since the first week of WOD.

But you keep thinking you know things. It's working so well for you.
    Wow, I can't imagine having so little in my life to do I have to go onto third-party forums for a game I don't play to complain about it. Wow, that is a level of dedication to assholery that I can not begin to process.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Or they just want to get into a guild with any level of progression?
    Stop spreading this myth. It only matters if you're in the top 2% - Fucking things up for everyone else to cater to that 2% or just generally horribly guilds that set moronic requirements because they don't understand the game is awful design. Nobody is ever going to get sat / rejected from a Heroic or even a casual mythic guild because they didn't win the RNG lottery. The ONLY time this is a problem is if you're pushing for hardcore Mythic progression which almost nobody, comparatively, is doing.

For The Unholy APOC bursting 6 instead of 8 wounds, will that affect the chances of getting the ''9th ghoul'' for the HIDDEN ARTIFACT APPEREANCE or will the chance stay same?

DPS saying a mitigation trinket is useless makes DPS bad. If you were in a progression raid guild then you would be able to see that the utility legendaries are good for progression, despite not being DPS increases. If you arne't in a progress raid guild then the legendaries aren't doing much for you anyway.

DPS having the sole objective of doing bigger numbers make the DPS bad, yes.

Oh really, I joined a progression raiding guild with one utility legendary, I got my second legendary and that was also a utility legendary, I've yet to be benched. Strange.
    what guild?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Stop spreading this myth. It only matters if you're in the top 2% - Fucking things up for everyone else to cater to that 2% or just generally horribly guilds that set moronic requirements because they don't understand the game is awful design. Nobody is ever going to get sat / rejected from a Heroic or even a casual mythic guild because they didn't win the RNG lottery. The ONLY time this is a problem is if you're pushing for hardcore Mythic progression which almost nobody, comparatively, is doing.
    For every person who believes this there are 10 guilds that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaalta View Post
    My man can I have your stuff? I just came back to WoW.
    Of course not... I wouldn't want to spoil your experience by handing everything to you on a plate.

Me before I bought the tokens... :P