Headphone Amplifier

Hiho, iam looking for a Headphone Amplifier or a USB/Soundcard for my Sennheiser PC 360 and my Bose 2.0 Soundsystem.
    I would like to use them at the same time so i dont have to switch always the cabels or using my front panel, only aktivate or deaktivate them in the windows sound options would be enough for me.

But i have no idea what should i pick, USB-Soundcards or USB-Soundcards with a build in Amplifier or just a Headset Amplifier.
    The best looking one i found was the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD but Creative driver sounds terrible from all the reviews.

I would welcome any useful information about this.

Deleted
    I've owned an Asus Xonar Essence One for several years now, and I can highly recommend it. It will drive any headphones or speakers that you throw at it. Do check some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by treclol View Post
    I've owned an Asus Xonar Essence One for several years now, and I can highly recommend it. It will drive any headphones or speakers that you throw at it. Do check some reviews.
    450-800€ is a bit to expensiv for a amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    450-800€ is a bit to expensiv for a amplifier.
    What is your price range?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    What is your price range?
    70-100€ would be good.

Deleted
    fiio e10k

i can recommend it, for mximum of 150ohm, more u might need a more powerfull , and also minimum 50ohm less than that is just going to be too loud
    Last edited by mmocc274989594; 2016-12-14 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I will second the recommendation of Fiio.

Audioengine D1 is not a bad DAC/AMP combo for the price either. Not sure how much it would be from whatever country you are in though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll second Audio Engine, Fiio, or add a vote for going Schiit.

I'd avoid ASUS, their DAC/AMP (Xonar Essence One) is quite overpriced for such a device from a company that doesn't even specialize in audio... I'd advise my own Schiit setup (A MODI and Asgard 2) over anything from ASUS - or other less audio-focused companies.

The Fulla 2 will do better than most options for the price, I think. http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Headset peoples, I don'rt think the Fiio has provisions for a mic?

Fiio is awesome though.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll second Audio Engine, Fiio, or add a vote for going Schiit.

I'd avoid ASUS, their DAC/AMP (Xonar Essence One) is quite overpriced for such a device from a company that doesn't even specialize in audio... I'd advise my own Schiit setup (A MODI and Asgard 2) over anything from ASUS - or other less audio-focused companies.

The Fulla 2 will do better than most options for the price, I think. http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2
    Not in stock and found just 1 retailer here in germany.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I will second the recommendation of Fiio.

Audioengine D1 is not a bad DAC/AMP combo for the price either. Not sure how much it would be from whatever country you are in though!
    170€ a bit tomuch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Headset peoples, I don'rt think the Fiio has provisions for a mic?

Fiio is awesome though.
    While this is true, hopefully people would just get a better external microphone anyways, maybe a USB one.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Titanium HD for many years now. No need to switch any cables. Sound system (Yamaha RX-V377 -> 2.0 speakers) is plugged in via SPDIF, my DT 880 (250Ω) Headphones run via analog out.

Your Sennheiser 360 is rated with a 50Ω Impedance. You do not need a headphone amp for sth like that and should get plenty of volume from every sound card out there.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-12-15 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I use the Titanium HD for many years now. No need to switch any cables. Sound system (Yamaha RX-V377 -> 2.0 speakers) is plugged in via SPDIF, my DT 880 (250Ω) Headphones run via analog out.

Your Sennheiser 360 is rated with a 50Ω Impedance. You do not need a headphone amp for sth like that and should get plenty of volume from every sound card out there.
    Yeah, honestly 50 Ohm isn't begging for any serious amperage, though it won't hurt.

But yes, you can use a normal headphone jack and get enough power from it, OP.
    "A flower.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hiho, iam looking for a Headphone Amplifier or a USB/Soundcard for my Sennheiser PC 360 and my Bose 2.0 Soundsystem.
    I would like to use them at the same time so i dont have to switch always the cabels or using my front panel, only aktivate or deaktivate them in the windows sound options would be enough for me.

But i have no idea what should i pick, USB-Soundcards or USB-Soundcards with a build in Amplifier or just a Headset Amplifier.
    The best looking one i found was the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD but Creative driver sounds terrible from all the reviews.

I would welcome any useful information about this.
    Get a Creative Sound Blaster Z. It has Headphone Amplifier and it only cost 84,90 Euros at Caseking.de. Im from Denmark and i do alot of shopping at Caseking

Sound Blaster Z
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Get a Creative Sound Blaster Z. It has Headphone Amplifier and it only cost 84,90 Euros at Caseking.de. Im from Denmark and i do alot of shopping at Caseking

Sound Blaster Z
    But how do i connect my soundsystem and the headset at the same time on this soundcard ?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    But how do i connect my soundsystem and the headset at the same time on this soundcard ?
    Sound Blaster Z Owner's Manual

It has jacks for it all

I use it myself with my Sennheiser HD 558 and the Sound Blaster Z microphone and that works super
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: