Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You are not a community coordinator or moderator or in any other way responsible for what people post. Nor are you Blizzard or consulting them professionaly.

Meaning you dont get to say what people can post and not and whats best for Blizzard. Your nonsense is just more whining about people evaluating a product they bought and sercive they pay for. Its just as stupid as the last 500 identical topics. You are only adding to the huge shitpile of "Stop writing explicit or implicit negative things about Blizzard or its game [insert bullshit justification]. Of course I have nothing against criticism but your criticism is not real/valid criticism because I think so!" topics that is just wasting everyone lifetime, and no one but the buttmad OP cares about.

Don't presume your opinion and judgment is any better than theirs. Let Blizzard evaluate the feeback themself and let customer decide what and how much feedback they give. If you have your own opinion that contradict theirs fell free to disagree or share your own opinion. but don't think you have a say in who can post what and whoms post is worth what. You play no role in that part. If you have a problem with Blizzard just accepting the status quo go complain to Blizzard and tell them they should tell their customers to shut shut the fuck up about whatever opinions you don't like.
    I'm not saying who can or cannot post. I'm saying people have forgotten their role in this. There are people that make the game, and there are people who play the game. If you truly want to make it better, apply for a job. I'm not forcing anyone to act as I think they should, merely pointing out the fact that an average poster here is wasting his/her time and, in the same time, helping WoW not get better (clouding of few good ideas with a lot of bad ones).

Problem with evaluating feedback is that good feedback is like needle in a haystack. If you think otherwise, kindly look through forum topics. Will anyone in their right mind waste time, money and human resources to search for a needle in a haystack? Now, imagine if the haystack was very small (if people didn't post and whine about everything without anything truly valuable in their comments). Then the devs might actually come, just ignore few bad apples and talk about good ideas DAILY. As it is, it's very hard and very demanding for them, and really not worth it in any way, shape and form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    your wrong if they did it the way they wanted everyone would quit oh wait there subscriber count is down considerably already...
    Nice sources

Your ass seems like a really credible infodump
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Because the devs definitely didn't implement these or think of these on their own. The list is laughable.
    Can't tell if serious. Blizzard is well known for taking ideas from other games, cleaning them up, and integrating them into their own products. WoW is nothing BUT ideas from other games.

This entire thread is just bait, btw. The idea that videogames are developed in some kind of vacuum is ridiculous. The idea that players aren't intelligent enough, or experienced enough to have a valid opinion or make legitimate suggestions for game development is just an ignorant and arrogant opinion. There are now players who have been with WoW longer than most of the dev team. There are certainly players who have spent more hours playing the game than devs has spent working on it; who practically LIVE in WoW.

Do players get to dictate the direction of the game? Of course not! But to completely discount and dismiss that level of dedication and experience in a game would be stupid, and a waste of an extremely valuable source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalhart View Post
    If... But they don't. They barely follow any client's desire or criticism. And to think customers don't know what they want is pretty ignorant. Plenty of good ideas floating around on their official forums.

Blizzard has put in a alot of bad ideas that aren't fleshed out well. Artifact weapons and the entire artifact system. The legendary system. The balance among secondary stats. Over pruning specs and removing abilities for specs that the class has had since day one. Suramar and rep gating of world quests on alts.

These systems are all things they're changing for the (hopefully better). And it's due to forum posts and social media. If customers didn't know what they want, why is blizzard backpedaling instead of doubling down?
    See, all the things that you mentioned are not problems with me. Artifact power being a problem? I get to wield legendary weapon and basically anything I do in game makes it more powerful. How much easier can you get? Unless you're pushing for world first, it won't be too demanding - take your own pace.
    Legendary system - i took it for what it was designed to do. I never got the ring on my DH, yet I cleared hc playing as casually as one can, all pug. You don't have to have BiS legendaries. Hell, even world first EN didn't have much of them. If you can pull enough numbers (and most of the classes can, with or without legendaries) it's ok. You don't have to be top of the charts.
    Secondary stats were always a thing. If you just started looking at stats on gear in Legion, it doesn't mean it's a new thing. I don't think it's a problem, you sim yourself, see your stat priorities, decide if something is an upgrade or not. If not, don't equip it. I don't get why it's a problem.
    Over pruning specs and removing abilities is a direct result of people whining that everything is too hard. Well now, enjoy a simplified gameplay
    Alts are not my thing (although in wod i made 6-7 100s), it sort of loses the point if you have every char in game. IMO, pick a class, develop your char, become better. Making 10 chars to just swap around feels less epic. There are dotas and lols for that.

You see, there is always a second side to the coin. Whatever you might like, there might be someone who doesn't and vice-versa. That's why blowing things out of proportion because of one's opinion is bad. You think you represent the playerbase, however you don't. You represent yourself and a few others.

Ironically, I'll bet someone on the EQ1 forums made this very same post, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    you still consider you and 10 ppl who might or might not share your view of a "problem" to be any relevant in a game that's played by millions. what if i don't share your point of view? are they gonna listen to me or you? how do they choose?

you must understand, you don't have the whole picture. they do.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be joking. Those features are laughable in amount compared to dev-original-features.

You mean the shit they lift out of other game ip's and genre's? (other IP's and inhouse).
    They might have the whole picture, but at times have proven to not be able to do anything with it without a verbal kick in the ass from the player community.
    Is all criticisme concerning their design choices valid and grounded, fuck no, but there is plenty of valid external input from the consumer base, which is healthy for the game development wise.

You need to take a breather, and realise shit aint black and white.

Also , they dont need White knighting. cause bobbleheading doesnt do dick all either.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Successful companies ask for feedback so they can deliver a better quality product that best meets the needs of their consumer base. If you stopped offering players an avenue for feedback, many would simply stop playing.

Imagine a restaurant that told you that it didn't want feedback about the food that you just ate. That is what you are advocating.
    No no no no no! This is such a bad thinking. Such a thing doesn't work in games such as WoW, where we have different choices and competetiveness. Out of all the spamming on the forums there is rarely non biased feedback. Most of this is just someone complaining that their class/spec is weak (they never complain about other classes being underpowered) or throwing ideas how to improve THEIR class etc. Basically very selfish and egoistic cause they alone want to do better. Blizz is not a young company, and WoW is not a young game - they know what they are doing, they have an experience.

You comparing this to restaurant. In this case it would be me being a vegan and coming to KFC and suggesting them they shouldnt sell any meat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    "Players aren't devs."

That's okay. Most people suspect devs these days aren't players.
    Excellent

OP is right. You're not designers. In fact, you're so far from it it almost hurts. 90% all your complaints, ideas and demands suck. Big time. It's OK to be unhappy and I guess even voice your unhapiness - in moderation and to a certain extent. But don't overstep your boundaries. You don't know jack. Believe me, you really don't. The level of obliviousness and painfully wrong self-assessment is staggering.

"Players aren't devs."

I never thought I'd have a reason to post this, but:

/thread

While I agree that many player suggested changes are unfeasible, it doesn't mean that the underlying problems shouldn't be discussed.

See, all the things that you mentioned are not problems with me. [...]
    All those points are being addressed with 7.1.5, so blizzard seems to agree with player feedback on these points.

IMO, pick a class, develop your char, become better. Making 10 chars to just swap around feels less epic.
    There was precedent set in previous expansion, some people enjoy playing more than one class, others might want or need to reroll.

There are dotas and lols for that.
    At least suggest a game in the same genre...

You see, there is always a second side to the coin. Whatever you might like, there might be someone who doesn't and vice-versa. That's why blowing things out of proportion because of one's opinion is bad. You think you represent the playerbase, however you don't. You represent yourself and a few others.
    What makes you think that people giving feedback are imagining that they represent the playerbase? Is their feedback somehow irrelevant because it doesn't encompass the whole playerbase?

Meaning you don't get a saying in which classes should come up, what should be done storywise, what balance changes should be implemented etc. It seems to me that hell of a lot of you play the game 10% of the time, and 90% think of what should be changed and then post random nonsense. It really is nonsense, most of the topics here. Both stupid and funny. And you whine about devs not talking to you. Geez, if I was head at Blizz, all employees would be strictly forbidden from entering forums as that is a very bad time spent. It is not worth it to dig through so much bullshit to come to that 1 comment per month that makes sense and is worth thinking about.

The game is what it is, people have made it really good and they are continuing to do so. Enjoy their work and don't presume that you would be doing it better. Just playyyyyy the game and enjoy. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Now go and be healed of this "millions of players' experience should be changed because I think so" mentality.
    All that wall of text and I'll just counter you with this - without us players there are no designers. If not for us players, the designers would be without jobs.

If payers want one thing but the designers think their vision is better, people stop playing and when enough people stop playing, you cave in to demands in order for players to come back. It's that simple. If the majority wants something and designers refuse to do that, the majority might leave and that's bad for your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    While I agree that many player suggested changes are unfeasible, it doesn't mean that the underlying problems shouldn't be discussed.

All those points are being addressed with 7.1.5, so blizzard seems to agree with player feedback on these points.

There was precedent set in previous expansion, some people enjoy playing more than one class, others might want or need to reroll.

At least suggest a game in the same genre...

What makes you think that people giving feedback are imagining that they represent the playerbase? Is their feedback somehow irrelevant because it doesn't encompass the whole playerbase?
    Yes, I know. It goes against what I think should be done, but I won't make 10 posts about it, because I understand that I'm not the only one playing this game.

The point with other genre was exactly that. In MMORPG develop a character, not full set of everything there is in game. In mobas play everything. Different games require different approaches. It's weird that a guy that rolls his 10th character has so much catchup mechanism that he can be competitive with a guy that played from the beginning of an exp actively on 1 char.

If your feedback is about personal preference, which is not shared by another fella... why on earth do you think they would or should consider the change? Unless you represent majority of the playerbase. And most ideas discussed here are personal preferences, not truly broken things. Legendaries aren't broken, AP isn't broken. They are caving because a lot of you went vocal about it. Unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    All that wall of text and I'll just counter you with this - without us players there are no designers. If not for us players, the designers would be without jobs.

If payers want one thing but the designers think their vision is better, people stop playing and when enough people stop playing, you cave in to demands in order for players to come back. It's that simple. If the majority wants something and designers refuse to do that, the majority might leave and that's bad for your game.
    You talk about majorities. Majority of the whining posts here are not shared by that many of the playerbase. You must understand that if you don't like something in the game, it doesn't automatically mean that everyone doesn't like it. Hell, majority of the community isn't even on forums. Think bigger then your-little-self.

You are patrons, not chefs
    You are patients, not doctors
    You are voters, not candidates
    You are players, not designers
    You are consumers, not producers
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree to a point. Players SHOULD give Feedback. But it should be constructive and CONCISE. There doesn't need to be 3 paragraphs of why you will quit if X change doesn't happen.

But as another point, Players shouldn't expect counter-feedback or answers to said feedback and they DEFINITELY should attack Devs in the process as that just makes you a childish piece of shit..

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    your wrong I AM THE Client I and every other client pay there wages Thus they design the way I and everyone wants not how there ego is.

And you're just as incorrect as the OP, and basically for the exact same reason.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Meaning you don't get a saying in which classes should come up, what should be done storywise, what balance changes should be implemented etc. It seems to me that hell of a lot of you play the game 10% of the time, and 90% think of what should be changed and then post random nonsense. It really is nonsense, most of the topics here. Both stupid and funny. And you whine about devs not talking to you. Geez, if I was head at Blizz, all employees would be strictly forbidden from entering forums as that is a very bad time spent. It is not worth it to dig through so much bullshit to come to that 1 comment per month that makes sense and is worth thinking about.

The game is what it is, people have made it really good and they are continuing to do so. Enjoy their work and don't presume that you would be doing it better. Just playyyyyy the game and enjoy. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Now go and be healed of this "millions of players' experience should be changed because I think so" mentality.
    +1

Was all I was going to post but it told me I had to have at least 10 characters in length ^^

I understand your point. Now kindly revisit random 20 topics here. Do you honestly think a game would be better or worse if even 1 employee of Blizz should have to go through it instead of doing something productive? If any measurable % of topics provided any real ways of improving the game, that's what they would be doing. However, there really are not that many. Go back few years even, you won't fight that many comments that would justify just 1 guy part-time obligation to go through forums.

- - - Updated - - -

If they followed every client's desire, game would be unplayable. You as a client have no clue of what you want, you just want to be the best playa evaa, and if the game does not fit in that world, then it should be changed.

You realize that MMOC Forums != Blizzard, right?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think you can't have an opinion on a product you purchase, you're a moron.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

"Players aren't devs."

These days? Its been like that for a while.