Misdirect broken?

Lately ( since7.1) Misdirect does not seem to be transferring threat. When I use tricks on a group of mobs they all rush to the tank. When our hunters use misdirect to pull the mobs run straight to the hunter. This has happened with all of the hunters in our guild and it was happening with a pug hunter last night.

Has anyone seen this mentioned as being on the radar?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had our paladin tank miss with his thrown shield then my misdirect cause odyn to run straight at me. Was an easy fix, I know where my feign death button is located. :P

That works I guess. But, not the answer I was hoping for. It is hard in M+ with a small guild when some of our strongest tools are broken.

Haven't noticed anything, just did a few M+ last night and misdirection worked as expected. Most of the time it is practically irrelevant since tank threat is so high, but I did MD the Maw mini-boss to our tank to the back of the ship and he went to the tank just fine.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Whenever I see the MD buff on my buff list my agro always transfers to my MD target.

The only thing I occasionally get is sometimes my MD does not go off for whatever reason. I use my keybind, but it doesn't trigger. I manually click on it, and nothing happens. This is rare but does happen to me from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Whenever I see the MD buff on my buff list my agro always transfers to my MD target.

The only thing I occasionally get is sometimes my MD does not go off for whatever reason. I use my keybind, but it doesn't trigger. I manually click on it, and nothing happens. This is rare but does happen to me from time to time.

That could be what is happening I guess. but, last night i was tanking; i saw the cross-hairs popup over my head then the hunter pulled and everything ran to him. I was able to grab it after a second, but it does make it interesting. He was pulling 740k on most pulls, that creates a small delay when i have to overtake him on threat.

You should check if the tank is using neural silencer. That thing has a high chance to drop from blingtron, and ive seen ALOT of tanks use it just to get rid of it from their bags. Most tanks dont even know what it does since it does not say on the tooltip in-game, only on wowhead.

Deleted

You cant use MD on mounted player or with that neural silencer buff on him

MD isnt doing much anymore, seems to be fairly bad the whole xpac UNLESS you are MDing to your pet or barraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    MD isnt doing much anymore, seems to be fairly bad the whole xpac UNLESS you are MDing to your pet or barraging.
    Don't do much M+ I guess?

I use MD all the time. Tanks are too slow, or they're busy with the previous pack, or they don't pull enough, or they're standing around waiting for whatever. So I keep them on their toes with steady MD'd packs of mobs.

I haven't witnessed any MD bugs or problems. Its really annoying when tanks are mounted (assholes) and my new favorite tank is a feral druid who uses travel form instead of mount. but MD is working great!

When I play my alt warlock I often forget I am not a hunter, and try pulling packs with immolate... wouldn't recommend this, some tanks are assholes and throw a fit when someone else pulls. Playing a class without MD or FD feels so inferior...

Because the person you are trying to MD has an affect which stops it.

For those of you who cast MD and say the spell never actually starts, keep in mind that your MD target has to be in LOS to activate MD. If the tank is ahead of you running around a corner or up to some stairs then you may be out of LOS.

Can't MD to mounted player, was he a paladin riding his horse?

Did he have neural silencer, some tanks pug with that crap on and its so annoying.