Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I was merely using the class as an example of the differences, now sure Blizzard have gotten their finger out and Legion seems a bit better than the previous two Expansions but i don't need to go quoting entire Threads and posts on this very website about how some people perceived them to be the worst ever, can't please everyone.

I've also made no bones about saying that Starfall Prophecy could have been delayed by a few more weeks or even kept back until January but it is what it is and now nearly a moth after launch all the major bugs are ironed out, class balance will take a bit of work, heck as you mentioned WoW, look at the constant class tuning Blizzard are doing weekly even months after Legion launched and WoW classes are now as basic as they come, the next Patch, from what i read here correct me if wrong, is going to throw all that work away and restart it all over again.

Warlocks signing petitions, other people not happy with how their class works, sound familiar? but i'll leave you to carry on the "debate" anyhow but expecting someone not to bring up a WoW comparison on a WoW centric site is a bit naive, not to worry, Fae Yule begins tomorrow, 'tis the season to be jolly and all that, Brasse even gave us all an early Christmas Present.
    Nobody said you couldn't compare WoW to Rift. Please tell me where anyone said this. Again you are literally making up nonexistant points here claiming people said something they didn't. We said that classes were not the issue a lot of people here are getting at more the mess Starfall is and was at launch. You chose to bring WoW in to dump on it to make seem Rift better. Do not act like you didn't. Classes are not an example here the expansion itself is. Starfall launched with content disabled, launched with a messed up 64 bit client and don't even say it was addons because people without addons were complaining, barely any endgame content and the most shittiest RNG system I've ever seen in a game. I should know I'm playing it to shut a friend up. Oh yay Dex, Crit fragment for my Ranger nice. And then the 3rd stat rolls Wisdom. Cool nice to see I wasted so much plat and planarite to get a worthless stat. They literally took an RNG stat system and made it ten times worse.

Also I'll say it again Brasse is a terrible and CM I've seen better. Hell I remember Brasse from Daybreak. However not a bad person. Dahanese and Ocho are at least 100 times as worse. Although to be fair Ocho had to deal with a mess.

We have a whole thread on the Rift forums where people are annoyed and displeased. Hell people are asking for their money back and a few players have even said they aren't playing anymore. Wocky has stopped playing because of the joke of a moderation by the CMs along with lack of content in SFP.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-14 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    the most shittiest RNG system I've ever seen in a game.
    Even worse than a deliberate soft cap of 4 Legendary gear pieces dropping? sure thing, eh, seeing as you're now playing SP you should realise that getting various different stats on Planar Fragments is because all callings can now Tank? so a fragment like +block/Guard and +intelligence or +wisdom is useful for a Mage or Cleric tank, right? hybrid stats are going to happen, fragments are dropping like candy and are a dime a dozen, if you spend plat and planarite to upgrade fragments that are Tier 4 to 6 well, not much i can say, you don't upgrade those ones to full relic or even past infusion level 8 or even less.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-12-14 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typos

Even worse than a deliberate soft cap of 4 Legendary gear pieces dropping? sure thing, eh, seeing as you're now playing SP you should realise that getting various different stats on Planar Fragments is because all callings can now Tank? so a fragment like +block and +intelligence or +wisdom is useful for a Mage or Cleric tank, right? hybrid stats are going to happen, fragments are drop like candy and are a dime a dozen, if you spend plat and planarite to upgrade fragments that are Tier 4 to 6 well, not much i can say, you don't upgrade those ones to full relic.
    You are kidding right? I said I was playing a Ranger. Again rolling Wisdom is absolutely fucking worthless for me. I have a mage but I don't even touch it anymore because I don't want to. I have 0 interest in a Cleric either. Why did you bring in classes that I either have but don't play or don't even have?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-14 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you bring in classes that I either have but don't play or don't even have?
    Do you even read what you write and what gets replied to? you harped on about getting Fragments that didn't have the stats you wanted, i explained to you why some fragments are like that, can't make it any clearer, if you get a decent Tier, lets say, a 4 with +crit power,+dexterity and +attack power, you start to infuse it and bam, along comes a weird 4th stat, lets say +wisdom, who cares?

You have the main stats you want for a Ranger, dex, AP and CP, you just ignore the wisdom, you don't worry about the "bonus" stats, once you have your main 3 stats covered, you're golden.

Do you even read what you write and what gets replied to? you harped on about getting Fragments that didn't have the stats you wanted, i explained to you why some fragments are like that, can't make it any clearer, if you get a decent Tier, lets say, a 4 with +crit power,+dexterity and +attack power, you start to infuse it and bam, along comes a weird 4th stat, lets say +wisdom, who cares?

You have the main stats you want for a Ranger, dex, AP and CP, you just ignore the wisdom, you don't worry about the "bonus" stats, once you have your main 3 stats covered, you're golden.
    It doesn't change the fact it rolled with it. So again I still have to wait for my decent 3rd stat because I have Dex, Crit and Wisdom. It should not roll stats that a Ranger would never use. Period.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...oney-back.html

People disdained so much with the expansion in general they want refunds. Cannot fault them. Luckily it's not my money that's being pissed away for me to play it. And ironically even my friend who fanboyed the hell out of this game is now saying he is bored. Bit ironic considering he just bought it for me. My favourite part is when Brasse tries to call people out on "blackmail".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-14 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favourite part is when Brasse tries to call people out on "blackmail".
    You clearly didn't see said post in it's original form as the poster edited it a few times to eh, "change" the story, it's now deleted, poster is perma banned so let's just leave it at that, has no bearing what so ever to this Forum.

You clearly didn't see said post in it's original form as the poster edited it a few times to eh, "change" the story, it's now deleted, poster is perma banned so let's just leave it at that, has no bearing what so ever to this Forum.
    Not really. Shows people are that annoyed they want refunds. Also this isn't the official Rift forums. I'll post what I like thank you. Just like anyone else is free to post. I'd say it has quite a good bearing on this thread about criticism. People are disdained with the expansion to the point they want refunds.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-14 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It was edited for clarity - prior to me tweeting and PM'ing the relevant parties.

You've never posted something and thought - "nope, nope, nope - that's not exactly I wanted to say?"

The final append was completed BEFORE the other posters (and Meteor) responded and also was prior to when I PM'ed TrionBrasse and TrionWorlds.

I tweeted, PM'ed them the final draft and people responded to the final draft.

My intent was, as stated, not blackmail (as this is just plain absurd) - and I even offered an apology if it came across as ambiguous, but rather a request for a full refund for a purchase that was delivered incomplete, bug-ridden and unpolished (which the game DLC still is)

AND my sole intent was extending a professional courtesy to delete negative content - much like Seatin did with his "Primalist - putting animal heads on the souls you already own" as my content is dragged to the top of the YouTube search when you search "starfall prophecy"

But, you are correct regarding "being done". I've defended myself in my video after not being responded to via PM, all my characters on NA/EU have been deleted, the game has been removed from my PC and I am done with Trion Worlds and RIFT.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-14 at 08:04 PM. Reason: about 5 edits - to, eh... "change the story" /facepalm

When it comes to bringing up wow, its fine so as long as you arent tryimg to justiy shitty aspects in rift by bringing up shitty aspects in wow, or saying how wow s doing it evern worse (lol)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    When it comes to bringing up wow, its fine so as long as you arent tryimg to justiy shitty aspects in rift by bringing up shitty aspects in wow, or saying how wow s doing it evern worse (lol)
    So basically nearly all the time in his case?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-14 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to post this.

Wow, an old guildie showed me this. Less than ONE MONTH after Rift:Starfall Prophecy it looks like the numbers have been so bad, that they are already planning on selling the game for in-game currency. I sold my copies for 28,000 platinum and 7 REX (one rex = 4500plat)

So, from B2P with sub, to F2P - back to B2P DLC and now back to F2P at over a 60% reduction of in-game currency?

Community backlash for this expansion has to be the most negative for any DLC I have ever seen.

This is a company that implemented a buggy "load balancing" feature that PUT ALL PLAYERS ON ONE SERVER. Load balancing... they called it "load balancing" - One server full, others made empty.

So, basically, what I'm saying is - if you want to try RIFT, don't be a nub and spend US$40 on the Starfall Prophecy Expansion. Save your Plat and buy it when it eventually becomes available for platinum again.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I had to post this.

Wow, an old guildie showed me this. Less than ONE MONTH after Rift:Starfall Prophecy it looks like the numbers have been so bad, that they are already planning on selling the game for in-game currency. I sold my copies for 28,000 platinum and 7 REX (one rex = 4500plat)

So, from B2P with sub, to F2P - back to B2P DLC and now back to F2P at over a 60% reduction of in-game currency?

Community backlash for this expansion has to be the most negative for any DLC I have ever seen.

This is a company that implemented a buggy "load balancing" feature that PUT ALL PLAYERS ON ONE SERVER. Load balancing... they called it "load balancing" - One server full, others made empty.

So, basically, what I'm saying is - if you want to try RIFT, don't be a nub and spend US$40 on the Starfall Prophecy Expansion. Save your Plat and buy it when it eventually becomes available for platinum again.
    Like I said dude ain't my money being pissed away. However I did get Patron for the sake of the XP perk since people have said levelling was a bitch. And my god Gedlo Badlands was boring. Ironic fucking part is the moment I got Patron my friend tells me that he is getting sick of the game. -,-

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said dude ain't my money being pissed away. However I did get Patron for the sake of the XP perk since people have said levelling was a bitch. And my god Gedlo Badlands was boring. Ironic fucking part is the moment I got Patron my friend tells me that he is getting sick of the game. -,-
    Oh, I was most certainly not referring to you. I was referring to the people considering buying. It looks like you'll just get it for free or plat eventually.

EDIT: I foolishly bought it too, remember?
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-15 at 06:03 AM. Reason: eh, edited to "change story"

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Oh, I was most certainly not referring to you. I was referring to the people considering buying. It looks like you'll just get it for free or plat eventually.
    Oh yeah for sure just meant in the case I'm glad my money wasn't wasted. Friend is annoyed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, once again the Ministry of Misinformation is blowing smoke as usual, you cannot buy the SP Expansion for platinum on the Rift Store, the copies you see on the Auction House are from this credits pack deal, you buy a €/$99 pack and it unlocks a tradable SP Standard pack, the more you know......

Just logged in to check and there's one going for 12k and another 15k on my server (or NA servers, I guess?)

REX sells for around 2500 plat and costs 10 bucks, so that puts the price between $50-60 worth of plat, a bit more than the actual price of the base expansion.

EU economy must be totally fucked to have fetched that price, I mean shit, the 7 REX alone are worth almost double the base version of the game, ignoring the 28,000 extra plat that with your exchange rate would be another $60, putting the price they paid in plat to around $130-140. That or you found someone with loads of plat who didn't mind getting totally taken to town.

Ah, once again the Ministry of Misinformation is blowing smoke as usual, you cannot buy the SP Expansion for platinum on the Rift Store, the copies you see on the Auction House are from this credits pack deal, you buy a €/$99 pack and it unlocks a tradable SP Standard pack, the more you know......

Holy shit...that's actually worse. I would have been find if you could buy/sell the expansion on its own, but locking the transferable unlock behind a $100 credit pack? That's fucking terrible to the extreme, holy shit Trion must be damn desperate for money.

I feel gross for having logged in now, thanks Slipmat -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that price of 10k plat was from an EU AH, REX was getting stupid here up to the Expansion launch, was getting as high as 4,500p or even higher, now it's actually dropping practically daily.

People are starting to sell it in chat for 3,500p and i'm sure you could haggle lower so at least it's heading in the right direction, well, if somebody intended to buy a €/$99 credit pack anyway, this is just a bonus, can't think of any reason why somebody would actually buy a credit pack just to get the SP pack, you can trade a store seller for one and actually in EU, 10k plat is reasonable now, before it was lowest 15k up to 25k for Standard.

There's also a Jolly Hellbug mount offer if you buy a €/$20 credit pack, might as well add it to my collection.

They're also running a Patron special offer, works out at €7 a month here, not sure what it does in dollars.

Even worse than a deliberate soft cap of 4 Legendary gear pieces dropping?
    I find it so hilarious that despite people asking you to stop doing this, you vehemently and defiantly keep doing it. Does RIFT not have its own saving graces for even its most valiant white knight? Must it be made to look better by cherrypicking bad points in other games?
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-12-15 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Must it be made to look better by cherrypicking bad points in other games?
    You must be new around here so i'll forgive you, take a look at other "contributions" here and see who cherry picks what, heck i had to post because people were trying to give the impression that Trion themselves were posting the Expansion for in-game currency, luckily us "white knights" stick to the facts.

You must be new around here so i'll forgive you, take a look at other "contributions" here and see who cherry picks what, heck i had to post because people were trying to give the impression that Trion themselves were posting the Expansion for in-game currency, luckily us "white knights" stick to the facts.
    I may be new but it's extremely easy to see where the cherrypicking mainly comes from. The expansion seems like ass, and you defend it by bringing up poor points in other games (only WoW) rather than actually use an argument relevant to the discussion.

I've seen you post here a lot before, and my impression of how well the game is doing is based on how much dodging you do. Starfall must really be a piece of shit.