Thread: Velen's boy

Deleted

Velen's boy

During the Battle for the Exodar, Velen went emotional that his boy got turned into a demon and died in the end, but is it not true that his boy will be resurrected at some point since he is not killed in the Twisting Nether or did I miss something? I am sure Velen should know about that and he will see his boy probably in Argus again...

I am still salty that Velen betrayed and began attacking us when he realised that is his boy, so much for being a beacon of light and a wise prophet. He is probably the worst fortune teller in Warcraft Universe and I could get better predicaion from a fortune cookie. Cannot wait to see him get killed on Argus in 7.3, no tears from me, old man.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the point behind Velens grief was that his son had been taken and corrupted to be used as a weapon against him. (Well played Kil'Jaeden). Imagine the millenia of atrocities committed upon Velens son to get him to that point; and then we the adventurers come along and put him down. And ofcourse, Velen had long thought that he was dead -as I say, well played Kil'Jaeden.

I felt kind of the same. So we are there to stop him. Velen wants us to stop him. And then suddenly "it is his boy". So? Why not try to purge the demon out of him? Why not tell the hero to stop attacking and come up with a second plan to "get the boy back"? Could have been an amazing questline. Obviously the boy needed to be interrupted doing what he was doing. Killing him could have been avoided perhaps. Especially anything inthere was no challenge at all to your character.

Then again - Velen could have probably killed you(me) if he wanted to with a snap of his fingers. Instead he was hacking away with his staff...
    Still I found it rather weird for him to try and stop/kill the PC.

Deleted
    I think that his son was way beyond any redemption at that point and Velen breaking down and attacking us instead of finishing the abomination which his son has become in a mutual effort, was a final victory of the legion over this sad, old man. It's like finishing Kael'thas off in Magister's Terrace. There was nothing left of the noble prince anymore, who did all his best to save his people, this was only a handpuppet of the Legion. Velen not realising that, or realising and still giving into false hopes was his ultimate failure.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I felt kind of the same. So we are there to stop him. Velen wants us to stop him. And then suddenly "it is his boy". So? Why not try to purge the demon out of him? Why not tell the hero to stop attacking and come up with a second plan to "get the boy back"? Could have been an amazing questline. Obviously the boy needed to be interrupted doing what he was doing. Killing him could have been avoided perhaps. Especially anything inthere was no challenge at all to your character.

Then again - Velen could have probably killed you(me) if he wanted to with a snap of his fingers. Instead he was hacking away with his staff...
    Uhm.... Do the questline again, Velen does EXACTLY that when Rakeesh gets to 20-something %, he tells you to stop attacking him, and even attacks you (the player) eventually.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uhm.... Do the questline again, Velen does EXACTLY that when Rakeesh gets to 20-something %, he tells you to stop attacking him, and even attacks you (the player) eventually.
    Hilariously Blizzard didn't expect you to actually stop attacking him, so even if you stop to listen to Velen he still goes hostile on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Hilariously Blizzard didn't expect you to actually stop attacking him, so even if you stop to listen to Velen he still goes hostile on you.
    And why should I stop, honestly? All I see is a demon before me who was willing to slaughter all the innocent populace of Exodar in the most sadistic manner, and torture and destroy a Naaru. I would kill Velen as well if he would interfere more than just scratching me with his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well as you quoted my comment that included: coming up with a 2nd plan.... And Velen does not do that... Yeah my comment stands. Sure he tells me to stop but meanwhile we are on a timelimit to get that demon to stop doing what he is doing or everything will end for us. So it is important to stop him (perhaps not kill him). I blame it on bad writing or cooperation between the writers and the people who wrote the script for the characters on how to behave ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    He actually can't. He does switch to attacking you when he figures it out, but isn't really much of a hindrance. Velen isn't a fighter type like Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He actually can't. He does switch to attacking you when he figures it out, but isn't really much of a hindrance. Velen isn't a fighter type like Archimonde.
    Well I beg to differ that he CAN. If you read the books it is stated that Sargaras wanted Velen to join aswell as he was one of the most powerful people on Argus. But he was not lured away. Kiljaeden and Archimonde did join and got more power bestowed upon them. Still if you took this out of the equation, everything Velen does that is spectacular gives you an impression that if he ever would go "rogue" - he would be very powerful and able.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeLover View Post
    During the Battle for the Exodar, Velen went emotional that his boy got turned into a demon and died in the end, but is it not true that his boy will be resurrected at some point since he is not killed in the Twisting Nether or did I miss something? I am sure Velen should know about that and he will see his boy probably in Argus again...
    Maybe... of course, it might be different for most of the rank and file Eradar (sp?) since they are not naturally demons but rather transformed into demonic beings. (Of course that raises the question about Kil'Jaden and Archimonde, but since they are lords, maybe they got a "special treatment" directly for Sargeras.)

Man I was all like okay Velen, you must know best, maybe it's a trap and attacking makes them explode or something. Mofo started hitting me anyway though. Jerk.