10+ Year Old Account
    Googled it... And this site is a thing: http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Messi is on 475 for club, 532 all time. Ronaldo 500 club, 568 all time.

Ibra is on 400 club goals or so now by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Didn't Messi reach that milestone some time ago?
    Yeah, I'm not sure. All his goals with the same team that included the likes of Xavi and Iniesta (arguably the two greatest play makers of all time). Remove them from the equation and it really makes you ponder...

Deleted
    Man U trying to charge Reading fans £45 for an FA Cup game. Scumbags.

http://mobile.readingfc.co.uk//news/...p-3469759.aspx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Googled it... And this site is a thing: http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Ibra is a legend in his own right. Messi all time apps = 666 O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Man U trying to charge Reading fans £45 for an FA Cup game. Scumbags.

http://mobile.readingfc.co.uk//news/...p-3469759.aspx
    Almost like every other EFL team hasn't hiked their prices when Man Utd have come to their town.

15+ Year Old Account

Hats off to Ronaldo then, sure is an achievement!

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost like every other EFL team hasn't hiked their prices when Man Utd have come to their town.
    Exactly, it's bullshit but every club does this to United, but cos it's United we have to highlight it I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Hats off to Ronaldo then, sure is an achievement!
    He's 2-3 years older though, played about 160 matches more than Messi. Messi's ratio is much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadur View Post
    He's 2-3 years older though, played about 160 matches more than Messi. Messi's ratio is much better.
    And he's done it all within his comfort zone. Question is, could Messi do it without the likes of Xavi and Iniesta? In England for 5+ seasons with the harsh UK winters? That we'll never know...

Since you like to cherry pick stats, consider looking at their totals since Ronaldo's move to madrid. Ronaldo's goal ratio is 1.03. Messi is at 1.02.

'To put this mark into context can be tricky, as what goals count can differ from league to league and many records are often disputed. But get this - Pele scored over 500 career club goals, while guys like Romario, Gerd Muller and Diego Maradona never did.' - cbs
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-12-15 at 05:30 PM. Reason: fixed some things

Nothing more boring than a Messi v Ronaldo debate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    And he's done it all within his comfort zone. Question is, could Messi do it without the likes of Xavi and Iniesta? In England for 5+ seasons with the harsh UK winters? That we'll never know...

Since you like to cherry pick stats, consider looking at their totals since Ronaldo's move to madrid. Ronaldo's goal ratio is 1.03. Messi is at 1.02.

'To put this mark into context can be tricky, as what goals count can differ from league to league and many records are often disputed. But get this - Pele scored over 500 career club goals, while guys like Romario, Gerd Muller and Diego Maradona never did.' - cbs
    I'm not here to deny the genious of both Xavi and Iniesta. But last season for example, Xavi obviously not being at FCB anymore, and Iniesta missing quite some gametime, Iniesta had 2 assists. Messi, playing more as a playmaker instead of a finisher, still scored 41. So why question whether he can do it without them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Nothing more boring than a Messi v Ronaldo debate.
    Yes, nothing is more boring than your redundant retorts as well.

Well said, @Hadur. I think people severely underestimate the importance of both Xavi and Iniesta. Should Ronaldo and co win the treble this year then there should be no denying the fact. In my opinion though, If Argentina win the WC then the advantage goes back to Messi.

When people look back on both these players: they won't remember the personal achievements as much as the cups they lifted with their teams.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-12-15 at 06:49 PM. Reason: fixed

Yes, nothing is more boring than your redundant retorts as well.

Well said, @Hadur. I think people severely underestimate the importance of both those players.
    If you're going to put me down, at least makes sense.

From what I've seen, you're the only person to underestimate these players (your Messi comment, just now)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to put me down, at least makes sense.

From what I've seen, you're the only person to underestimate these players (your Messi comment, just now)
    What comment was that?

What comment was that?
    "Question is, could Messi do it without the likes of Xavi and Iniesta? In England for 5+ seasons with the harsh UK winters?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Question is, could Messi do it without the likes of Xavi and Iniesta?"
    Now I know you've gotta be trolling. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in the hopes you aren't trolling and ask; in what way doesn't that "make sense"?

I guess you're implying messi's goal tally would be virtually unchanged without xavi and iniesta, right? That's pretty delusional, mate.

Smh lmao...

Now I know you've gotta be trolling. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in the hopes you aren't trolling and ask; in what way doesn't that "make sense"?

I guess you're implying messi's goal tally would be virtually unchanged without xavi and iniesta, right? That's pretty delusional, mate.

Smh lmao...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadur View Post
    I'm not here to deny the genious of both Xavi and Iniesta. But last season for example, Xavi obviously not being at FCB anymore, and Iniesta missing quite some gametime, Iniesta had 2 assists. Messi, playing more as a playmaker instead of a finisher, still scored 41. So why question whether he can do it without them?
    Well said, @Hadur.
    You're pretty much arguing with yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iniesta missing quite some gametime, Iniesta had 2 assists. Messi, playing more as a playmaker instead of a finisher, still scored 41. So why question whether he can do it without them?
    You're pretty much arguing with yourself.
    Small sample size is small.

Stay in school, kiddo.

Small sample size is small.

Stay in school, kiddo.
    Ok Bobby boy.

Congrats to Ronaldo, quite the achievement. I still prefer the Brazilian Ronaldo but I'm probably showing my age there (at least on this forum).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, regarding Messi and the Xavi/Iniesta argument. Xavi and Iniesta are tempo players. They dictate the tempo of games, not necessarily provide the chances for scoring. If you are going to argue for a player assisting Messi, then it is actually Dani Alves (who has the most assists to Messi).