Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fel Rush disconnects

So I have been having this issue for a long time now since before legions launch where using fel rush to jump off something or hit something solid mid rush will completely disconnect me and send me to the login screen. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my computer not being prepared?

Deleted
    This is a know issue.
    If you rush against a corner or like spike you may get a disconnect.
    There is no way to solve this problem for you as user.

Just live with it.

You can rush against any object, corner, wall, whatever you want. Turning the character fast while using the said ability causes the server to think you moved in an impossible way and disconnects you, this happens with goblin gliders aswell.

I'm surprised some people tend to recreate this problem very often, even if i try to force it, it's almost impossible for me
    Change your habit how you use fel rush and you will almost never have this problem, sadly i can't give you a more detailed advice how you avoid this problem.

They really need to fix this.

Last day I crashed 2 times in a single arena encounter. Obviously we lost. I hate you Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    You can rush against any object, corner, wall, whatever you want. Turning the character fast while using the said ability causes the server to think you moved in an impossible way and disconnects you, this happens with goblin gliders aswell.

I'm surprised some people tend to recreate this problem very often, even if i try to force it, it's almost impossible for me
    Change your habit how you use fel rush and you will almost never have this problem, sadly i can't give you a more detailed advice how you avoid this problem.
    States he doesn't understand how people get it so consistently

Still says people just need to change their 'habit'

Sure thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    States he doesn't understand how people get it so consistently

Still says people just need to change their 'habit'

Sure thing.
    Well, when many people get it consistently, but i almost never
    and i know that if you turn the camera too fast in a specific manner, but to wierd to describe it clearly, this problem occurs, what should it be then to use fel rush... differently?
    I have no idea how i can describe it so it's easier to understand what i mean.

The reason why i know this problem also occurs with goblin gliders:

Back in MoP on the Isle of Thunder,
    the areas there were blocked and unlocked over time. One of these areas was the thunder forge, for some reason i wanted to go there before it was actually available, i've seen videos were warriors / demo locks could jump over the hills to reach that point. I tried something at the same point similar with my shaman, who had nothing like the warrior / demo lock jump, but he was engineer so i used the goblin glider.
    I had to jump off of the mountain, turn the camera mid jump and use the glider. Using the glider prevents you from change direction, lets you jump forward and increases your movement speed for a very short time (like fel rush). At first i turned the camera too slow before using the glider so i jumped in the wrong direction. Then i turned the camera quicker, but got DC everytime, i was too fast. I tried to do it not too fast, but also not too slow, a few tries later i made it.

Probably bad latency makes it easier to "fail" the rush...?
    I've also seen many videos were people actually turn the camera to aim the rush, instead of using the movement keys (you can rush sideways)
    A specific combination of moving, turning the camera / character and using the ability at the same time is the problem, but i have no idea which it is exactly

But, you can cleary avoid dcs if you rush... differently

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrindis View Post
    So I have been having this issue for a long time now since before legions launch where using fel rush to jump off something or hit something solid mid rush will completely disconnect me and send me to the login screen. Anyone else have this issue or is it just my computer not being prepared?
    Unfortunately, you take our Demonic Leap (from us Warlocks), you get the same disconnect issues we used to get. Sorry
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account

How exactly do I avoid the crash? Shouldn't Blizz just fix the damn bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    That's the problem, i don't know it. It has something to do with running around, turning the camera/character and using fel rush (or similar abilities) at the same time.
    In some Q&A they said there's some technique in the background which checks if your movemant is valid, if not -> dc. It gets it 99% right, so this is more or less intended behaviour.
    I guess it's very difficult to fix this without breaking something else horribly.

Feels bad man. Has been awhile since I've had this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    Thing is it is not exactly a bug, it is a anti-cheat mechanism to stop people from using scripts to stop felrush and similar abilities from moving you from your location so you can get the momo buff and damage without the movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem, i don't know it. It has something to do with running around, turning the camera/character and using fel rush (or similar abilities) at the same time.
    In some Q&A they said there's some technique in the background which checks if your movemant is valid, if not -> dc. It gets it 99% right, so this is more or less intended behaviour.
    I guess it's very difficult to fix this without breaking something else horribly.

So just dont turn the camera with my mouse too quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Thing is it is not exactly a bug, it is a anti-cheat mechanism to stop people from using scripts to stop felrush and similar abilities from moving you from your location so you can get the momo buff and damage without the movement.
    Well, better let people "cheat" than to break the game for people who play legit...

Well, when many people get it consistently, but i almost never
    and i know that if you turn the camera too fast in a specific manner, but to wierd to describe it clearly, this problem occurs, what should it be then to use fel rush... differently?
    I have no idea how i can describe it so it's easier to understand what i mean.

The reason why i know this problem also occurs with goblin gliders:

Back in MoP on the Isle of Thunder,
    the areas there were blocked and unlocked over time. One of these areas was the thunder forge, for some reason i wanted to go there before it was actually available, i've seen videos were warriors / demo locks could jump over the hills to reach that point. I tried something at the same point similar with my shaman, who had nothing like the warrior / demo lock jump, but he was engineer so i used the goblin glider.
    I had to jump off of the mountain, turn the camera mid jump and use the glider. Using the glider prevents you from change direction, lets you jump forward and increases your movement speed for a very short time (like fel rush). At first i turned the camera too slow before using the glider so i jumped in the wrong direction. Then i turned the camera quicker, but got DC everytime, i was too fast. I tried to do it not too fast, but also not too slow, a few tries later i made it.

Probably bad latency makes it easier to "fail" the rush...?
    I've also seen many videos were people actually turn the camera to aim the rush, instead of using the movement keys (you can rush sideways)
    A specific combination of moving, turning the camera / character and using the ability at the same time is the problem, but i have no idea which it is exactly

But, you can cleary avoid dcs if you rush... differently
    I DC because I change elevation when fel rushing straight.

And by change elevation, I mean I might touch water or hit a pixel higher than the rest. Or going from top of dala platform to bottom level.

Oh, you mean "playing". Well, the truth was spoken: stop playing people !

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I DC because I change elevation when fel rushing straight.

And by change elevation, I mean I might touch water or hit a pixel higher than the rest. Or going from top of dala platform to bottom level.
    Ye this is the most bullshit thing... hell i fucking dc from double jumping in arena after fel rushing and theres nothing i can do about it, its just a guaranteed loss since i have to fucking authenticate every time.

Mmmm I sometimes dc if someone is rooting me when I feel rush. And it happens often in Blade Edge arena and in the Lordaeron one. Without moving too fast my mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Which is something they said they "fixed" in order to make Demon Hunters in the first place. It's in one of the interviews a couple of months ago.