Thread: Legendary Nerfs

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's so sad that wow today instead of an RPG became a dps meter arcade, where all people care is about number performance. Every thing fun the devs think about is instantly whined and dumbed down into a bland and boring state just for the sake of some low self esteem nerds feel a little bit better about their e-cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    It's so sad that wow today instead of an RPG became a dps meter arcade, where all people care is about number performance. Every thing fun the devs think about is instantly whined and dumbed down into a bland and boring state just for the sake of some low self esteem nerds feel a little bit better about their e-cock.
    You don't think that there were real issues facing progression raiders and progression raider hopefuls, such as high level mythic plus invites, progression raiding guild invites, to name a couple? The wild imbalance with legendaries is much more complex than just, "I want to do more dps."
    Last edited by mage21; 2016-12-15 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Damn you are so close to understand the problem, and then you do a 180º turn and miss the point.
    The system isn't fun. And nowadays game is a dps meter arcade for the most part, because that's how the devs had dilluted the MMORPG experience from WoW to simplify into an asinine dps-check, not because players are a bunch of whiners.
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2016-12-15 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I personally think you earn legendarys as well because all the content you have to do in order to (hopefully) get one
    Sorry but WHAT?

You can literally get your BiS legendary from killing a NM dungeon boss while leveling... or opening a fucking chest in the open world...

And at the same time a mythic raider (like me) only gets shit legendaries after hundreds of M+ and dozens of cleared high difficulty raids...
    Last edited by mmoccdde410f5d; 2016-12-15 at 05:48 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They realized their own fault at last.

The RNG legendaries concept was stupid from the beginning.
    They realized nothing. They made a mistake, now they punish the players.
    Oh let me just nerf your items. Stagnates the game, slows down progression and not everything's gucci.

No need to create content. Ahh, well played blizzard.

Deleted
    These nerfs are f*cking ridiculous. Why nerf everything into the ground because of a few whiners? Legendaries are supposed to be powerful and fun. If they are nerfed this much then they don't really serve a purpose, they don't deserve to be called legendary anymore. They are more like epics now.

I don't even have a lot of legendaries, I just have Sephuz's secret on two characters, not exactly the best or most awesome I could hope for. But I was happy.

Why must Blizzard f*ck it up for the vast majority of players just because a vocal minority of min/maxing raiders are complaining?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    And at the same time a mythic raider (like me) only gets shit legendaries after hundreds of M+ and dozens of cleared high difficulty raids...
    Why do you deserve it? You don't. It's random and it gives joy to lots of people.

If your min/maxing raid group wants to get rid of you because you lack 0.1% dps then that's the problem and don't blame it on legendaries. They are horrible people.

lol at all the tears in this thread. They fixed them because they were too imbalanced. The same way they nerf classes. The only people mad about this are the ones who due to rng felt like special snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    These nerfs are f*cking ridiculous. Why nerf everything into the ground because of a few whiners? Legendaries are supposed to be powerful and fun. If they are nerfed this much then they don't really serve a purpose, they don't deserve to be called legendary anymore. They are more like epics now.

I don't even have a lot of legendaries, I just have Sephuz's secret on two characters, not exactly the best or most awesome I could hope for. But I was happy.

Why must Blizzard f*ck it up for the vast majority of players just because a vocal minority of min/maxing raiders are complaining?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you deserve it? You don't. It's random and it gives joy to lots of people.

If your min/maxing raid group wants to get rid of you because you lack 0.1% dps then that's the problem and don't blame it on legendaries. They are horrible people.
    Basically the sentiment I'm getting here is "Let a few people be really happy, and everyone else can bug off." I don't think this healthy design.

And it's worth mentioning that some legendaries can be 20% dps increases, which is astronomical.
    Last edited by mage21; 2016-12-15 at 06:12 PM.

Some not but some legendaries make or break a class. Now granted I play a shaman and we are a broken class anyway but still.

Legendaries should be a reward for doing something legendary not for winning the RNG lottery. It took me 4 years on my druid to get the damn Raven mount from Sethekk Halls. So I'm not a big fan of RNG.

I like how they nerfed the frost mage belt, when it was already a trash can.

Maybe they'll nerf the arcane belt too. That thing is way out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by sgthotrod View Post
    Some not but some legendaries make or break a class. Now granted I play a shaman and we are a broken class anyway but still.

Legendaries should be a reward for doing something legendary not for winning the RNG lottery. It took me 4 years on my druid to get the damn Raven mount from Sethekk Halls. So I'm not a big fan of RNG.
    nothing broken about shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I sincerly doubt that any executive in a position to put a stop to any design decisions really micro manages that much. They do have other products.
    They don't have to micro-manage. They simply make lower management/dept. heads understand what the general corporate priorities will be (maximizing profits) and it's up to them to implement it. If you think they don't have regular meetings about those very things then you don't know how corporations work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except in some cases the difference in DPS is much larger than 0.1%. Also, a progression raid leader is not a "horrible person" for wanting to ensure they bring the team/ people best equipped to get the job done, and if that means they have to choose between two people, they're going to choose the one that can bring the highest numbers. Some legendaries are a straight DPS increase so in those cases they'll choose the person with the legendary over the person without.

I agree with what you stated before about deserving it/ not deserving it but the reality is there for those in progression raiding situations. In raid situations where ~5% DPS difference is not going to make or break anything and the raid knows this, yeah they're horrible people for benching someone solely because they don't have a legendary and someone else does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Perhaps you didn't see what I bolded. There you go going on and on about RNG as if that was what I was referring to.

I was referring to them balancing classes around legendaries players don't have. How can design make sense it one area, and not in another like balance.
    Obviously it doesn't work very well for the majority of players, those that don't get the best legendaries. But it wasn't designed for "balance", it was designed mainly to keep up the perpetual RNG grind. You really can't separate the two when how well your spec does depends so much on sheer luck of RNG legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhana View Post
    Even if it was a 5% difference, which is not (It's closer to 8%+) it's 5% difference of 1m+ burst and 450k sustained dps. So the difference in final dps will be around 25k per legendary.

So..

Raider A = 400k dps average

Raider B = 405k dps average

**Now add this to the equation**

Raider A loots 2 BiS legendaries
    Raider B loots 2 Utility legendaries

**New performance**

Raider A = 450k dps average
    Raider B = 405k dps average

------------------------------------

Guess who stays for Mythic content? (And i'm talking about real Mythic content, not the clown fiesta that EN M is)
    That's not how you present an argument, because first off mythic raiders will have 4 legendaries by now, not 2. Secondly, when you compare an 840 bracer to the Bindings, it is, statistically and mathematically a 5-6% difference. unlike you, I didn't pull the number from my ass.

Also 5% of 400k is 20k not 5k

But to put it into terms you'll understand. One trait in the final tree of your artifact weapon is a 5% boost. So having the BIS legendary over having an 840 item, is the same as someone having one more artifact level than you.

Woopdidoo
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Lul the nerfs show how dumb blizzard are. Nerfing already bad legendaries in 2016

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    nothing broken about shaman.
    Agreed. Yes Enhance is in the top tier, but it's at the bottom of that top tier. Maybe in need of a tiny nudge, but not a hard nerf. (which thankfully is how it appears to be going)

Great, so now when people finally get those much sought after legendaries, they don't get to enjoy the benefits other people have been enjoying for months. If you're gonna backtrack Blizz, fix the system, make legendaries utility-only, don't just apply a band-aid that we all know will not succeed in "fixing" the system.

this happens when people think that game revolves around raiding - honestly blizzard shoudl just remove mythic raids to get rid of toxic elements in wow community.