Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hunter boots nerfed

Rogue boots that do the exact same thing........untouched

Hunter boots were wickedly OP compared to every other hunter legendary. I don't know rogues so I can't say if the situation is the same there, but if they weren't nerfed and other legendaries were, chances are that the gap is far smaller.
    Boots for hunters will remain to be the unquestionable BiS for every situation (in a progress environment, anyway) despite having their effect cut by 20%. That's how good they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    Now if only it could be useful in a raid setting. Sephuz could honestly be a really decent legendary to get (even with 15% instead of 25% haste) if they just stopped fussing around with how you proc it and made it reliable to proc in a PvE setting. I'm full aware that they didn't intend for it to be useful on a boss for example and didn't design the thing to be as such - but a lot of us do have the ring and are terribly disappointed with it. Making it potent in more scenarios than on trash packs in M+ would be a great way to make a lot of the players more happy, for starters.
    Well if you have not noticed legion countershot works instant its not have travel time anymore.Beside that in like 70% of the fights there is some adds who can be stunned.What makes him undesierable for Hunters is the lack of mastery and with the incoming gear changes we will love mastery rings/necks even more
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Hunter boots were wickedly OP compared to every other hunter legendary. I don't know rogues so I can't say if the situation is the same there, but if they weren't nerfed and other legendaries were, chances are that the gap is far smaller.
    Boots for hunters will remain to be the unquestionable BiS for every situation (in a progress environment, anyway) despite having their effect cut by 20%. That's how good they are.
    Even 50% nerf will leave them in good spot but dont tell that to blizzard
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-12-15 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hunter boots nerfed

Rogue boots that do the exact same thing........untouched
    It's not that big of a nerf. It only makes a large effect the longer the fight goes. If the fight only goes long enough to get 2 trueshots in WITHOUT set bonus/trinket, then there's almost no noticeable difference.

Besides, boots+2set+trinket with the new Arcane Shot centered playstyle will even out the lost cooldown reduction form live by a HUGE margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    It's not that big of a nerf. It only makes a large effect the longer the fight goes. If the fight only goes long enough to get 2 trueshots in WITHOUT set bonus/trinket, then there's almost no noticeable difference.

Besides, boots+2set+trinket with the new Arcane Shot centered playstyle will even out the lost cooldown reduction form live by a HUGE margin.
    It was still a dumb nerf, hunter legendaries suck anyway.

The nerf to Call of the Wild is pretty random. It wasn't that op to begin with.

It was still a dumb nerf, hunter legendaries suck anyway.
    Considering before the nerf we could probably be looking at 30-40 second trueshot cooldown? Yeah, that needed to be toned down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well if you have not noticed legion countershot works instant its not have travel time anymore.Beside that in like 70% of the fights there is some adds who can be stunned.What makes him undesierable for Hunters is the lack of mastery and with the incoming gear changes we will love mastery rings/necks even more
    Nythendra, Ursoc, Elerethe, Dragons, Cenarius, Xavius are all encounters in EN where you either can't proc Sephuz or can only do it during certain phases or periods of time. Sephuz is absolutely dog in raids for an MM Hunter - and relying on interrupts to get it is even more stupid - especially if you consider the idea that several people would be using Sephuz and trying to do the same thing. Sephuz will never in its current or PTR state be good in a raid enviroment except for some very specific encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Considering before the nerf we could probably be looking at 30-40 second trueshot cooldown? Yeah, that needed to be toned down.
    Oh really because actual numbers disagree with your shillingly bad opinion

Oh really because actual numbers disagree with your shillingly bad opinion
    What numbers, exactly? Our trueshot uptime is going to be exponentially better than live. Due to the way 2set, trinket, relics and boots work, it would have been a bit to ridiculous.

I'm genuinely curious as to what numbers you have that disagree with the fact that a 20% nerf to boots was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    The nerf to Call of the Wild is pretty random. It wasn't that op to begin with.
    Nah, it was pretty much the only good SV legendary, at least now the ones who can't get it aren't as crippled by not having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Nah, it was pretty much the only good SV legendary, at least now the ones who can't get it aren't as crippled by not having it.
    Yeah, way more fun when everyone sucks then when there is a possiblity of being medicore

Well nobody played SV so it doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Well nobody played SV so it doesn't even matter.
    Don't feed pls

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Not understanding the logic here, bracer was a decent legendary option for BM. All this does is make the legendary belt mandatory for BM and some other legendary the new requirement for SV. This fixes nothing in terms of you wont be crippled, it just gives you less options.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-12-15 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Not understanding the logic here, bracer was a decent legendary option for BM. All this does is make the legendary belt mandatory for BM and some other legendary the new requirement for SV. This fixes nothing in terms of you wont be crippled, it just gives you less options.
    The idea is that no legendary item should ever be so good that getting any from the rest feels like a waste. And yeah, SV bracers are this good. Not only your main DPS CDs cooldown gets halved, but it aligns perfectly with FotE and pretty much every other MB cycle. You can say this Legendary provides the functionality the spec should have had from the beginning.

I realize I'm a bit salty seeing the Legendary I obtained nerfed, so it's personal opinion here, but I don't think any SV hunter out there thinks that the spec does too much damage. Bracers help a great deal, reducing the CD reduction to 35% will break the great pace they provide. So in a way, any SV who obtained the bracers will have both his damage AND his gameplay nerfed in 7.1.5.

How about instead of ALWAYS nerfing the talents, specs, legendarys we use... Blizzard buffs the garbage we dont use!!

Stop nerfing a class that is already bottom of the barrel and fix / buff what isnt used / good.

I'm just bummed that my aspect of the fox and turtle are going to have a longer cooldown too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    How about instead of ALWAYS nerfing the talents, specs, legendarys we use... Blizzard buffs the garbage we dont use!!

Stop nerfing a class that is already bottom of the barrel and fix / buff what isnt used / good.
    Because it's always easier to balance overpowered items etc, then to bring up a mass of underperforming areas.

Nothing changes people will still seek out the very best legendary for any given spec, all this does is give you less options. In other words instead of having 1-3 amazing legendaries to pick from you get 1 decent legendary per spec, it will still be mandatory and required to be competitive. Making legendary RNG worse than it was before.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-12-15 at 06:58 PM.