Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The Wii u is as good as dead.
    The Wii U was as good as dead after the fumbled launch 4 years ago.

The Switch will be as well if all it has going for it is Wii U ports in the same time span.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The Wii U was as good as dead after the fumbled launch 4 years ago.

The Switch will be as well if all it has going for it is Wii U ports in the same time span.
    Indeed, i eagerly await January to see if this tablet has life.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    So much talk about "shortage" in this thread lately. Out of curiosity, is that often a problem with Nintendo in your country? Where Im from I have never experienced any kind of shortage on Nintendo products - consoles, Amiibo ect (Well maybe beside that Metroid Prime Collection I could not find for years. But that's it).

But that might just be because Nintendo consoles are not very common in general here.
    What about the NES Classic? I'm surprised you didn't notice an Amiibo shortage.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

"The story follows a small group of survivors, as they try to survive in a post-apocalyptic, barren world where a bulk of humanity has died. The group learns to evolve in the new world. The developer said players will be able to alternate between two characters with separate gameplay sequences."

whelp, im sold.

adventure time hardcore mode!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    If there was a shortage that'd be the quickest way for me to lose whatever amount of interest I had built up for the system.

I mean, I AM interested in it as is despite feeling overwhelming by the market's offerings at the moment. So I might pull a last-minute purchase, especially once Zelda drops. Should they limit availability, I'll simply continue playing my PS4.
    I'll get it once Zelda comes out. March is too close to the start of my work season. I am in no rush. I still don't have a PS4. I haven't seen a game out for it I want yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    There was an article earlier this year saying that Nintendo would be ready to ship, or will have made like 10M Switch units for release. I don't think supply will be an issue unless there is so much interest above and beyond what anyone at Nintendo could anticipate. Mind you this happened months prior to the debut of the system.
    lol, stores are not going to take in 10 mil switch units until it proves it can sell. You'll be lucky if they ship 3 mil on launch day and even that is optimistic.(PS4 shipped 4 mil in november 2013)

There is either going to be a shortage, or there is going to be units sitting on shelves. It's better to have the former then to have the later. Hell the PS4 had the biggest initial shipments of a launch console ever and it was still in shortage for a good 6 months.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-12-15 at 01:28 AM.

With nintendos track record I bet on a shortage
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am assuming that the Wii U version of Bloodstained is also canceled then if Yooka is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I am assuming that the Wii U version of Bloodstained is also canceled then if Yooka is.
    That was always bullshit. The game is being made on UE4, UE4 does not run on the Wii U and a damn kickstarted game certainly doesn't have the budget to port UE4 to the Wii U.

I hate the switch, after the wii I swore I'd never give in to Nintendos charms again. Yet here I am throwing my money at the screen.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1325344

Patents!

- - - Updated - - -

VR headset?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account

Got this in mail today. (not Uk citizen tho, just 3ds set to Uk store)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nin...source=twitter

While Nintendo is waiting until January to share specifics about the Nintendo Switch's specs, a new report gives us an idea for what to reportedly expect in terms of horsepower.
    VentureBeat has heard from two sources that the Switch will use Nvidia's Maxwell graphics processing technology, not the chip-maker's newer Pascal architecture. It was confirmed during the Switch announcement event in October that the console would use a variant of Nvidia's Tegra chip.

The Switch's reported use of the custom Maxwell Tegra means the console will have more than 1 teraflop of performance, VentureBeat reports. This would be well below Project Scorpio (6 teraflops), the PS4 Pro (4.2 teraflops), the standard PS4 (1.8 teraflops), and the standard Xbox One (1.3 teraflops).

"The custom Maxwell Tegra (which uses a 20nm process as opposed to the more efficient 16nm process of the Pascal) in the machine is still powerful enough to play Nintendo-style games that rely on quality art over horsepower, but don't expect Switch software to match the graphical fidelity of the highest-end PS4 games," VentureBeat reported.

Sources told the site that Nintendo is in "such a rush" to launch the Switch that it could not wait for the Pascal version of the Tegra processor to be ready for use. Nintendo and Nvidia declined to comment when approached by VentureBeat.

Market researcher Jon Peddie of Jon Peddie Research told the site that it likely won't matter if the Switch is underpowered compared to the competition.

"I don't see Nintendo's strategy as a risk," he said. "Too many pundits and fanboys and investors make a serious mistake when they try to compare and contrast Nintendo with Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo has a niche in the affordable, accessible product, and performance is never a leading criteria for them. It is gameplay and immersion. They are never a technology pioneer. Trying to compare Nintendo to Sony is like comparing a Volkswagen to a Corvette. It's a facetious and fallacious analogy and a discredit to fans who love Nintendo."

You can read the full story here to get all the details.

Games like Skyrim and an NBA 2K title were shown running on Switch during the console's reveal event, though those games are not confirmed yet for the console. More recently, Nintendo gave the first demonstration of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild running on the Switch--and it looked good.

Nintendo has said it will discuss the Switch's specs, as well as its price point and launch lineup, during its January 2017 event. This week we learned exactly when the briefing will be held.
    So that puts it near XB1 when it comes to taraflops if true. Doesn't really matter tho if its a bitch to make games for...not saying it will be.

Still rumors until Jan. I really do hope Nintendo gives a full breakdown of the hardware in Jan.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

waiting patiently for mario run to be available /twiddles thumbs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    waiting patiently for mario run to be available /twiddles thumbs
    Wait no more. It's out! I just started playing it.

Update: It appears if you want to play any further in Mario Run than world 1-3, you need to pay $9.99
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2016-12-15 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If they Switch doesn't use Pascal / 16nm it really brings into question the cpu the chip will use as well. If the soc is using A57 cores, Tegra X1 based (A57+Maxwell), rather than the significantly better Denver cores then the Switch is going to be horribly weak. A57 cores are an order of magnitude weaker than the Jaguar cores even in the base XB1 and PS4, and it won't even have a large amount of cores to compensate for how weak they are as it will probably have only 4.

Even if the GPU side of the chip is close to the XB1's gpu in power (remember that maxwell is significantly weaker in compute than the GCN in the XB1 / PS4) it's not going to matter much if it's being held back by a trash CPU.

Though on a different note even the weak A57 cores are still better than the Wii U.

It seems more and more that this is just a 3ds handheld replacement being forced / marketed as a home console

Additionally the TSMC 20nm process was pretty bad with numerous flaws, it's why companies either skipped it completely or went to producing 14/16nm chips as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2016-12-15 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not using the new Pascal...that can't be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says over 1tf. I think they could prob run it at slightly below 720p and upscale it for on the go, and they could run all third party games in 720p when docked upscaled to 1080p. Thats fine. As long as it can run most third party games. The rumor that it can run Dark Souls 3 fills me with hope.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its not using the new Pascal...that can't be serious.
    You have to remember that the chip is going to be custom, so it could be a smaller Maxwell.

And I'm no tech expert, but from what I've been reading elsewhere, isn't a smaller Maxwell, about the same as a Pascal except for some architectural differences?