Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trade in your unwanted Legendaries!

I was taking a shower earlier... (jk, I play WoW too much to shower)

I was thinking earlier, a good idea for Blizzard would be to make it where a player can trade in 2 Legendaries, for 1 Legendary of their choice.

Thoughts? Plz tell Blizzard management if this is a good idea.

Deleted
    Well I still have only 1 legendary so yeah...

Blizzard won't go for it yet. They want their rng. Which I don't mind the rng of obtaining them (it's not that rng), it's just the rng of which one you get that's b issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

This was addressed in the blue post on the front page. Similarly, a token system was suggested. The issue with this is that implementing systems for selecting legendary addresses a symptom of the issue and not the root of the problem. Ideally, Blizzard would re-do all legendaries to be utility and not affect damage. Their next steps for modifying the current system is putting effort into making them all situationally effective and not having one or two be absolutely required in order to be competitive.

The issue with that is, tbh, the amount of analytical players is far smaller than the rest of the population. They'd never be able to sell remaking all legs into utility ones. They're just stuck in what they can do. Which is why the token system is the only real option as the desperation solution.

On top of that, many enjoy the playstyle changes of the legendaries. Another reason why to not just axe them all. Since targeting them solvrs same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Blizzard won't go for it yet. They want their rng. Which I don't mind the rng of obtaining them (it's not that rng), it's just the rng of which one you get that's b issue.
    Let me add onto my main post. Nevermind that Blizzard won't do it, which I agree with.

Would this idea be popular? Would people enjoy/use this?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, I think I read about this.

I'd love to see 2>1 Legend swapping as a hotfix in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    This was addressed in the blue post on the front page. Similarly, a token system was suggested. The issue with this is that implementing systems for selecting legendary addresses a symptom of the issue and not the root of the problem. Ideally, Blizzard would re-do all legendaries to be utility and not affect damage. Their next steps for modifying the current system is putting effort into making them all situationally effective and not having one or two be absolutely required in order to be competitive.
    Except the reason behind the legendaries is to alter your rotation, not be something you pay no attention to.

Instead, non-mythic raiders who like to think they are hardcore can stop bitching because of a meager difference in DPS
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppywallop View Post

I was thinking earlier, a good idea for Blizzard would be to make it where a player can trade in 2 Legendaries, for 1 Legendary of their choice.

you are not meant to have 2 bis legendaries during first tier . end of story. pls stop making stupid threads to non existent problems.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Except the reason behind the legendaries is to alter your rotation, not be something you pay no attention to.

Instead, non-mythic raiders who like to think they are hardcore can stop bitching because of a meager difference in DPS
    You're just plain wrong with that last part.

For two of the classes I play dual BIS legendaries provides a higher simulated (which actually does translate into the real world!) DPS on Ouch! Fire is hot in Simc VS two minimal-no DPS enhancing legendaries on Elite. On my Boomkin IFE and ED are TWELVE PERCENT higher on the lowest skill setting than Prydaz/Sephuz on Elite. When both are on Elite it's a whopping 32% increase. That's WELL over 100k DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablelol View Post
    You're just plain wrong with that last part.

For two of the classes I play dual BIS legendaries provides a higher simulated (which actually does translate into the real world!) DPS on Ouch! Fire is hot in Simc VS two minimal-no DPS enhancing legendaries on Elite. On my Boomkin IFE and ED are TWELVE PERCENT higher on the lowest skill setting than Prydaz/Sephuz on Elite. When both are on Elite it's a whopping 32% increase. That's WELL over 100k DPS.
    And the guild who gets really lucky with titanforged is going to do way better than the guild who didnt get any. I mean... Do you want it to be like pvp and all your dmg is normalized? Warcraft is an MMORPG not an e-sport.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Let me add onto my main post. Nevermind that Blizzard won't do it, which I agree with.

Would this idea be popular? Would people enjoy/use this?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, I think I read about this.

I'd love to see 2>1 Legend swapping as a hotfix in the meantime.
    Glad you asked I just happen to speak for all WoW players past, present and future. No, they don't like it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    And the guild who gets really lucky with titanforged is going to do way better than the guild who didnt get any. I mean... Do you want it to be like pvp and all your dmg is normalized? Warcraft is an MMORPG not an e-sport.
    I feel like you're pulling at strings with this post, we're not talking about guilds we're talking about singular players. Let's pretend these are comparable though, you need ONE lucky drop to get a BiS orange, you need probably 3-4 lucky drops (and not just +5, probably +20ish) to really even see a difference between someone getting good RNG on epic procs and someone who doesn't. Not to mention these upgrades that proc also need to have ideal stats! (oranges the stats are relatively insignificant when compared to the equip bonuses). Lastly those upgraded epics will still be upgraded from probably in the next tier (albeit I'm sure there are some crazy procs that'll be held on to longer) while the oranges will be with us for the rest of this expansion.

You know that's a horrible comparison, I'm shocked you'd even come back with that as a retort.

The problem is you can have a gap, it's fine. The gap between good players and bad for example. But even a GREAT player with bad legendaries will likely at best keep up with a little above average player with BiS ones, when it comes to equal player skill there shouldn't be SUCH a large gap between possible DPS. It's so much worse than it's ever been even with Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Rogue daggers. It's just a fucking mess and there really is no arguing with that unless you're blinded by having said OP legendaries.

I don't necessarily have a problem with it as I know kinda how to compare myself to not feel shitty (IE: I'm neck and neck with someone who has same/better ilvl and BIS oranges and instead of going ugh, I feel like I should be doing better than them! I think wow, better ilvl and those bonuses but still look at me ;D!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablelol View Post
    I feel like you're pulling at strings with this post, we're not talking about guilds we're talking about singular players. Let's pretend these are comparable though, you need ONE lucky drop to get a BiS orange, you need probably 3-4 lucky drops (and not just +5, probably +20ish) to really even see a difference between someone getting good RNG on epic procs and someone who doesn't. Not to mention these upgrades that proc also need to have ideal stats! (oranges the stats are relatively insignificant when compared to the equip bonuses). Lastly those upgraded epics will still be upgraded from probably in the next tier (albeit I'm sure there are some crazy procs that'll be held on to longer) while the oranges will be with us for the rest of this expansion.
    Why care about single players? Just curious. The folks on World of Logs ignore game mechanics and use weird techniques to pad their numbers anyway.

That's why I dont understand the issue. Personally. Only real problem with the legendaries was the 4 softcap.

I think Blizzard is trying to stick to their double down mantra, rather than revert or bypass a system. They've made some notable changes to the catch-up system, implementing more legendaries, and are working on a way to target legendaries when the pool of potential legendaries gets too large.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I think the way Blizzy goes about fixing this is correct.
    Flat dmg increase legendaries are tuned low, making utility shine.

Even a small boost to healing/ dps/mitigation will always be more universally desirable than utility. Utility legendaries may have their niche uses, but ultimately theyll be extremely rare and still secondary to just more throughout. If blizz really wants to make a system in which players actually switch between legendaries they need to all be utility.

Personally, I think a token exchange system would be best. The drop rate of legendaries is too low/random and the effect of having the correct ones is too high imo...but its all just a grind train to keep players interested. Put a big orange pie in the sky and tell players " its random when it'll fall but trust us, there are safeguards to ensure sometime you'll get it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Utility doesn't shine. Utility is fucking awful. Any halfway decent raider can do mechanics properly and won't need a 30% shield from Prydaz, to think that anyone in their right mind would pick that crap over a dps increase, even if it's 1%, is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Utility doesn't shine. Utility is fucking awful. Any halfway decent raider can do mechanics properly and won't need a 30% shield from Prydaz, to think that anyone in their right mind would pick that crap over a dps increase, even if it's 1%, is ridiculous.
    A halfway decent raider would use Prydaz to soak a mechanic throughout the fight without moving, thus increasing dps more than the +10% on one spell another legendary would allow. While before the tuning the same legendary would give such high flat damage increase it would be above and beyond any possibility of utility outplay.

Honestly, I'd be content with trading in a legendary to increase my chances of another one to drop still using the RNG factor. Beats legendary items sitting in the bank b/c they're just not good enough to use for some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    If that's what they did - it would be awesome.

As it stands - they are pissing of those with dmg ones, and frustrating those with utility ones.

e.g. my Neck legendary absorb got doubled at the same time as my class absorb got halved - the net is that nothing changed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.