Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    "Even death may die." (Yogg-Saron is the "God of Death" yet he can also be killed.)
    Pretty sure thats Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, im sure some have, but what if any are the results of taking the SPreist artifact to L'ghorek and Nespirah.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Pretty sure thats Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, im sure some have, but what if any are the results of taking the SPreist artifact to L'ghorek and Nespirah.
    I dunno. Don't see why the puzzle box of yogg-saron would care too much about Arthas, after Arthas died.

Also, will definitely see if anything happens when taking the Spriest artifact to L'ghorek and Nespirah!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    I dunno. Don't see why the puzzle box of yogg-saron would care too much about Arthas, after Arthas died.
    Well it was created for in game after WotLK, but existed in universe way before. =D
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Well it was created for in game after WotLK, but existed in universe way before. =D
    Interesting theory, could be interpreted both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    As if blizzard knew where today's story was going back when they made that item...
    The fun part in making a game is that you can take something you did back in the days (like the Puzzle of Yogg Saronn, in this particular case) and shape the new lore from these little things.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    As if blizzard knew where today's story was going back when they made that item...
    No, but they did have the puzzle box when they were writing the story of Legion.

I don't believe there is a deeper meaning behind any of these whispers because they're essentially just paraphrases written by Blizzard. Almost every single one of those quotes is a direct reference to something Lovecraft has written. This is an homage, a box of references, not some cleverly constructed toy foreshadowing events that take place several expansions later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    I don't believe there is a deeper meaning behind any of these whispers because they're essentially just paraphrases written by Blizzard. Almost every single one of those quotes is a direct reference to something Lovecraft has written. This is an homage, a box of references, not some cleverly constructed toy foreshadowing events that take place several expansions later.
    Oh come on. The thing about the giant rook where nothing breathes? And it just so happens that Legion gives us Black Rook tower surrounded by undead in the zone where the Old Gods are at their strongest. At least SOME of these lines are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Oh come on. The thing about the giant rook where nothing breathes? And it just so happens that Legion gives us Black Rook tower surrounded by undead in the zone where the Old Gods are at their strongest. At least SOME of these lines are important.
    And before Legion was announced, people thought Karazhan was the figurative rook. But I'm not going to deny that Blizzard is guiding their plot towards a story or event in which the puzzle box offers some prophetic value. It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't, considering the amount of community speculation the toy has sparked ! Besides, they do tend to borrow a lot of ideas from various mythoi, so I do believe they will eventually elaborate on their Lovecraft references and adapt them to their own universe, like they have done with Norse mythology, for example. Not all of the whispers are direct references either, the rook one actually being one of the more ambiguous ones! The style, however, is very much a tribute to the eldritch horror genre of e.g. Lovecraft and Chambers.

Deleted
    The puzzle box is just blizzards way of saying they like Lovecraft. "Even death may die" for example is just a copy paste if im not mistaken "It's not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons, even death may die."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    The puzzle box is just blizzards way of saying they like Lovecraft. "Even death may die" for example is just a copy paste if im not mistaken "It's not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons, even death may die."
    As my sig suggest, you are correct