Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Raid Tuning and Nighthold Release Date, Prestige Bug

Raid Tuning and Nighthold Release Date
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As the holidays approach, we wanted to take a chance to share some information on an upcoming raid tuning adjustment as well as the release date for Nighthold.

Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty, which should help groups overcome the challenges of the Trial as they prepare for Nighthold.

Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017. Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time.

We look forward to seeing you in the Nighthold!

Prestige Bug
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There was a bug with players who reached Honor Level 50, Prestige Level 4 where honor earned was still being accumulated past the cap. When the Prestige Level was increased yesterday, the accumulated honor was applied and the character progressed through those new Prestige Levels.

The rewards were legitimately earned through playtime, however, so we won’t be removing them. This bug should be fixed in 7.1.5, so that others in similar situations will earn those rewards immediately, and so that this will not affect future seasons.

Deleted
    o snap , here we go

10+ Year Old Account
    Nighthold will hopefully be good. Probably won't bring back my sub tho

Have to hurry to get the Curve achievement in EN !

Well at least now we can get that tier gear to compensate for all the nerfs everything got!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Have to hurry to get the Curve achievement in EN !
    Not really, you still have months before it gets removed in 7.2 (Same with Gul'dan).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Not really, you still have months before it gets removed in 7.2 (Same with Gul'dan).
    Cutting edge: Xavius achivement gets removed with the release of nighthold and replace with Cutting Edge: Guldan

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Nighthold will hopefully be good. Probably won't bring back my sub tho
    Kay, thanks for sharing...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Critizin View Post
    Cutting edge: Xavius achivement gets removed with the release of nighthold and replace with Cutting Edge: Guldan
    Oh, silly me. I saw the Nighthold one on the PTR a while back and that said before Tomb of Sargeras so I must've thought it was the same for Xavius.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

the achievements got changed, they actually state now, That helya is tomb of Sargaras, but Xavius is Still Nightold.

Kill Helya on Heroic Before the Release of The Tomb of Sargeras

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...he-curve-helya

Kill Xavius on Heroic Before the Release of the Nighthold.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...e-curve-xavius

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, silly me. I saw the Nighthold one on the PTR a while back and that said before Tomb of Sargeras so I must've thought it was the same for Xavius.
    no u were right. xavius is before nighthold, Helya is before tomb.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

So will Helya be tuned for smaller groups or still cancerous?

This could very well be the lowest kill count of a mythic endboss until the next raid tier. Unless of course they end up nerfing Helya mythic before releasing NH. We are a top 100 guild and struggling hard to even get into p3. There is like what, 30 kills on her so far? I personally don't mind the release schedule, but I hope this won't discourage a lot of mythic guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    This could very well be the lowest kill count of a mythic endboss until the next raid tier. Unless of course they end up nerfing Helya mythic before releasing NH. We are a top 100 guild and struggling hard to even get into p3. There is like what, 30 kills on her so far? I personally don't mind the release schedule, but I hope this won't discourage a lot of mythic guilds.
    The announcement just said they are nerfing ToV next week, which one might assume includes Helya, since she is the hardest obstacle by far.

Deleted
    Can you srsly give the artifact knowledge catch up now?! If i have an alt is now, not in 3 or 4 weeks when i have AK15!!!!

"Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time."

The way this is phrased sounds like mythic will be time-gated as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    NH is not the next tier - its the FIRST tier. NH was there from the very begining, just not opened until soon. Story-wise speaking, ToV takes place AFTER NH. After release of NH I expect ToV difficulty to drop massively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    "Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time."

That wouldnt be that bad tbh.
    First, the top guilds wouldnt be forced to tryhard so much.
    Second, they would have enough time to gear up for the final boss, meaning no overtuned encounter and no need for some gimmicks/suspicious tactics.
    Third, the whiners wouldnt complain about the content (that they will never complete anyway) is cleared so fast.

They could do something like ICC. New wing each week (if i remember correctly). Ooooh and only 50 tries for the final boss please

We can hope. It'd be a huge hit to the value of splitfarming, which I think is a good thing. If Mythic is a few weeks later, you can be a little more patient with Nighthold. Splitfarming will still have value, but it won't feel as important, I think.

No. It's released the following week just like every raid release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    We can hope. It'd be a huge hit to the value of splitfarming, which I think is a good thing. If Mythic is a few weeks later, you can be a little more patient with Nighthold. Splitfarming will still have value, but it won't feel as important, I think.
    If tier is involved, guilds will split it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    No. It's released the following week just like every raid release.
    They didnt explicitely say it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They didnt explicitely say it this time.
    Never change a running system.