Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Protecting your sources is a classic mark of journalistic integrity... I mean, you're free to not believe them, but it's real silly to criticize a source due to something that's been a good thing for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_sources
    It's silly to suggest that someone outside of the circle of information, hence the formal, apparently has detailed information, and has no legal precedence to ask for anonymity is used as the means to base an article. While I might take the words into consideration in a glenn greenwald or intercept piece (Source's of integrity), it's laughable to assume anyone should take anything seriously coming from NBC which cannot be validated. NBC is as bad as Fox news. Forgive me, when did we start accepting unidentifiable sources from their venue as legitimate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's truly amazing how differently the left and right read their news, depending on the source. The original Post report about the Russian hacking, was so filled with language like you quoted, you could clearly tell they were trying to make it all sound more official than it was.

Also, I love the montages showing up on YouTube depicting how differently Democrats feel about Russia post-Trump versus pre-Trump.
    The same rules and standards which we dictate are acceptable for one side are not for their own. What was good for the goose isn't apparently good for the gander.
    Last edited by Stacyrect; 2016-12-16 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    kind of like denying reality they dont' like, a typcal tactic of the right
    actually if you look at our famous faces, ben, milo, and gavin, they spend their days ripping your fantasy land apart, i've never seen them deny anything that is regarded as reality lol

I'm reminded of a CNN report a week after the election about Trump's transition being in "disarray", making him seem unready and unqualified to even prepare to be president.

Then it comes out that Trump's transition was pretty much in the same place progress-wise as Obama's was, with a former White House spokesman under Obama even saying as much. This is just one example.

So tell me, what's the difference between this false CNN story and the insidious fake news going in the other direction? I don't advocate for fake or misleading stories at all, but let's take a step back and look at the media in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    actually if you look at our famous faces, ben, milo, and gavin, they spend their days ripping your fantasy land apart, i've never seen them deny anything that is regarded as reality lol
    Well, except for sexism, racism, transmisogyny, and pretty much anything that doesn't align with fascist thinking.

"Thinking" being used extremely loosely here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I'm reminded of a CNN report a week after the election about Trump's transition being in "disarray", making him seem unready and unqualified to even prepare to be president.

Then it comes out that Trump's transition was pretty much in the same place progress-wise as Obama's was, with a former White House spokesman under Obama even saying as much. This is just one example.

So tell me, what's the difference between this false CNN story and the insidious fake news going in the other direction? I don't advocate for fake or misleading stories at all, but let's take a step back and look at the media in general.
    I agree that cable news especially should look in a mirror before condemning sources, but there is a world of difference between incorrect news and outright propaganda.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

umm what and who?

Oh, an addendum. The sites that produce news made out of whole cloth have tried doing left-wing versions. It doesn't take off because it gets debunked too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, except for sexism, racism, transmisogyny, and pretty much anything that doesn't align with fascist thinking.

"Thinking" being used extremely loosely here.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that cable news especially should look in a mirror before condemning sources, but there is a world of difference between incorrect news and outright propaganda.
    Ya all those "isms" you list are just labels you slap on people who argue with facts and discuss difficult topics that make you uncomfortable

Ya all those "isms" you list are just labels you slap on people who argue with facts and discuss difficult topics that make you uncomfortable
    Not an argument.

It's definitely true that some of you guys argue with facts instead of arguing using facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's not surprising to me that you picked an article that clearly favors loud screeching over intelligent dialogue and was likely written for a primarily right wing audience to jerk themselves off to while they gloat about how much better they are than the dumb left.
    Much like the left has done for the past 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Much like the left has done for the past 30 years.
    No one was forcing you to be wrong about everything.

Pretty much this. Problem in today's society people have confused "tolerance" with "acceptance". You don't get to decide who people should or shouldn't like. You are only obligated to make sure they are not deprived of life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.

Weird, it's usually the Trumpet and Alt-Right crowd I see screeching "fake news" when something goes against their narrative.

No one was forcing you to be wrong about everything.
    I've been wrong about nothing. Don't assume my political stance either.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Transparency is what won Trump the presidency. He showed the people exactly what he was and didn't try to hide from it. Hillary, on the other hand, tried to lie and hide the truth the entire time.
    Just about every word out of his mouth was a lie.

Conservatives defend fake news because it helped get Trump elected.
    Conservatives defend Russia hacking the US because it helped get Trump elected.

If cancer helped get Trump elected, I suppose they'd be singing it's praises too.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

If cancer helped get Trump elected, I suppose they'd be singing it's praises too.
    Trumpanzees don't defend Clinton at all, though. We'd never have gotten this far without Clinton being the doorknob we already knew she could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    I've been wrong about nothing. Don't assume my political stance either.
    No.
    /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

They became the pro-cancer party when the cervical cancer vaccine came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Transparency is what won Trump the presidency. He showed the people exactly what he was and didn't try to hide from it. Hillary, on the other hand, tried to lie and hide the truth the entire time.
    So where are his tax returns?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    How do you figure it's anonymous when their name is right at the bottom of the email??

Are you guys for real? I feel like most of what I read here must be trolling but everyone is acting normal about it.
    Dang! Did you check your intelligence when you logged on a computer.

The source of the "e-mails" that were given to Wikileaks was not the person whose name was at the bottom of the e-mails. The actual source was an anonymous hacker which were then posted by a suspected rapist who is hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy in London. (PS Ecuador is basically a Russian puppet state)

Not an argument.
    There was no argument to begin with