Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And what change will that make?

A. There are boys getting abused as well, but "OH NO! MAH GENDAAAA EQUALETAAHHHHH!!!!!", like what?

2. Pedos will still find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The amount of young boys sexually abused by priests should tell you that your solution will do nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    LoL. Yeh, lets ban men from being coaches because of a few people that abuse their position. Let's ban all male teachers because they might rape some female students.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Little boys get abused as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Why? They are just as able to coach as women.

All these sexist remarks toward men go un-infracted.
    All them quotes of me... guess it wasn't obvious I was being sarcastic.

Next time I'll add a /s ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...+inconvenience

http://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0...078-4/abstract

To your point, there does seem to be a lot more female molesters within the education system, comparatively, than in other areas (although still less then males). Might have something to do with a vast majority of teachers being females, when looking at younger ages.

He meant the "men shouldn't coach girls" part of your quote.
    That first link i cant read and the second didn't mention men molesting more at least in the abstract.

I wonder if anyone has studied differences in jobs with short contact with children and long term. Like if a teacher is more likely to have developed emotions/feelings from long term interactions and have a singular victim where as like a Carney would just molest a bunch of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    That first link i cant read and the second didn't mention men molesting more at least in the abstract.
    From the abstract;

Men reported female perpetration of CSA nearly 40% of the time, and women reported female perpetration of CSA 6% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    All them quotes of me... guess it wasn't obvious I was being sarcastic.

Next time I'll add a /s ...
    *FacePalm*

That's not how sarcasm works.

- - - Updated - - -

So the 14 year old girl who gets abused and doesn't tell anyone out of fear for herself and her family, it's her own fault now? *Sigh*...

He just meant that stopping males from coaching girls won't solve anything because males will also molest boys.

Well, of course you dont, you're a perfect example of western social conditioning that has occurred during the last few 100 years. That doesn't mean looking back at human history for a vast majority of the time and a vast majority of the world, that marriage and sexuality has started a lot earlier than 18.

But good on you for not being a pedo!

Rofl, sure, let's bring out the infallible pedo-meter. And how would you do that, exactly? Ask them questions? Show them inappropriate pictures while having them on a heartbeat monitor? Just take everyone with thin hair and big glasses? (stereotype joke, not to offend anyone). If there was a reliable way of telling if someone was a pedo, you honestly don't think people would be using it already?

Unfortunately, these people can be tricky to distinguish.
    So, what's your idea eh? Is it better than mine? Show me. Cause, I don't think that taking out male coaches is the best idea either.

From the abstract;

Men reported female perpetration of CSA nearly 40% of the time, and women reported female perpetration of CSA 6% of the time.
    I musta missread that as of all the CSA from women males reported it 40% of the time while females reported it 6% of the time.

Hoyl hell.

Could you at least bold the important parts like Tennisace does? It's really hard to stay on top of all those threads when they're basically made up of one big, uninterruptued copypasted article.

So, what's your idea eh? Is it better than mine? Show me. Cause, I don't think that taking out male coaches is the best idea either.
    No, me neither. I think the best route would be what Damajin described on the last page; quoted below.

I don't think it's necessary or valid to have a ban on men coaching or teaching kids, what is necessary is what someone said earlier that there needs to be accomplice type laws if a organization or school keeps quiet on what a coach/teacher has done in order to preserve their revenue and image. I think the laws on the books to deal with the actual sex offenders are strong enough, what has to exist now is a veritable hammer to bring down on those that enable the offenders through being quiet or not reporting it.

TLDR: Keep using the laws we have against offenders, it's enough. Put new laws in place to really hurt those who enable, cover or protect the offenders.
    As of right now, it's way too easy for the organizations to sweep these occurrences under the rug, and way too easy for offenders to get employment where they can continue with their misconducts. That's pretty much what a lot of the article was about from the start as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I musta missread that as of all the CSA from women males reported it 40% of the time while females reported it 6% of the time.
    Aye, easily done. I'm willing to bet males are more likely to report it as well, both because it's less stigmatic for them and they're in general less easily intimidated.

7+ Year Old Account
    The numbers given for reports in gyms isn't compared against other data. This is an example of useless information. If the article wishes to highlight a specific issue with gyms, they should offer other figures to support their point.

Unless this is just random news of "bad things happen, but there's no pattern." Nothing to see here?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes. Not as much priests really (clearly it happens there though) but child care workers, teachers, pediatricians, tutors, coaches, etc. The role of being a priest doesn't revolve around children necessarily.

It is unfortunate because it tarnishes these professions unfairly. A vast majority of individuals in these professions are upstanding citizens who would never mistreat a child.
    I agree, and I intentionally used priests as my example for the reasons you explained.

- - - Updated - - -

And what change will that make?

A. There are boys getting abused as well, but "OH NO! MAH GENDAAAA EQUALETAAHHHHH!!!!!", like what?

2. Pedos will still find a way.

OT: I don't get pedos. I can get the whole "Love" thing if the gal was around 18-20, but a 12--6 y/o? Are you fucking kidding?

Still doesn't judge the fact that the kids that ARE around 12+ should have the abilities to atleast "Open their mouth".

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, instead of that BS with the whole "Men shouldn't coach minors", I have another few ideas.

1. Test to see if someone is a pedo or not. 2. If one is a pedo, or shows signs of one, TAKE EM OUT! 3. Have the parents go to their gym events...

EASY! DONE!
    How is this "test" going to work? Are you implying we have identified the gene?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    What is up with all those pedophiles - i'll never understand.

I mean a young 18-20 yr old girl with a nice body - ye I see why a 40yr old man might wanna do her.
    And on top of that they are bit stupid and you need to spend much less time talking her into having sex.

But fucking a 12 yr old, or a 10yr old. Srsly..Flat, boyish looking child. Apart from this being awfully wrong and freakish - what's even the point?

And I mean fuck you do it - you go to jail for a long time, and they will rape you in that jail and beat you up, and then when you're out of jail you go on a sex offender list, and you can't get a proper job, and all your friends and relatives will probably forget about your existence. And you'll be living alone in some basement.

Fucking kids must be so good if people are willing to risk going through all of that just to fuck a kid.
    I mean everyone knows that heroin is bad for you, but it feels freaking amazing and that's why people still do it despite all the side effects.

Having sex with a minor must be like 1000 times better than heroin.
    I would have to imagine it is basically a sexual orientation and they don't choose to be attracted to the kids. I have no clue why anyone would choose to be a pedophile, so I can only imagine it's just the way they were born.

So it isn't really that having sex with kids is so great, it's just that sex in generally is a primary motivator for human beings and the pedophiles seek it out. I kinda feel bad for pedophiles to be honest. It would fucking suck to be attracted to someone you could never be with. I feel no sympathy for child molesters though. Shit's pretty evil.

Deleted
    Let's be honest.

Adults and children have been sexual partners since the dawn of mankind and throughout history. It has only been a hundred years or so where consent laws have been enacted and terms like "pedophilia" have magically been created.
    100,000+ years of nature, versus 100 years of nurture in mostly first world western societies creating and pushing a moral agenda.

"omgz, these pedos are everywhere! I don't understand!"
    Screw your cultural relativism. It's an immoral coward's way of dealing with uncomfortable issues.

Previously most people did have the decency to wait at least until the girl was capable of child-bearing, which was her job number one back in the days; plus most arranged marriages for minors took place between people of roughly the same age. At least in Europe. Cultures that follow Muhammed's example of a middle-aged man f*cking a 9-year old being perfectly acceptable, on the other hand... are a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Screw your cultural relativism. It's an immoral coward's way of dealing with uncomfortable issues.

Previously most people did have the decency to wait at least until the girl was capable of child-bearing, which was her job number one back in the days; plus most arranged marriages for minors took place between people of roughly the same age. At least in Europe. Cultures that follow Muhammed's example of a middle-aged man f*cking a 9-year old being perfectly acceptable, on the other hand... are a different thing.
    Let's not pretend that society has always been what it is today. I have no doubt that pedophilia is way down, in modern society, than it was in a era with little actual journalism, and certainly zero free speech. You couldn't talk about stuff like this, and powerful people of the past were untouchable.

McKayla Maroney now... nice. McKayla 8 years ago... ew bro, wtf. That's a massive number reported though, like... how is that possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Let's not pretend that society has always been what it is today.
    That's not what I said; don't pretend otherwise. I merely pointed out that outright pedophilia has never been the acceptable norm in Western cultures, no matter how much some cultural relativistic dirtbags with a political white-washing agenda might want to believe so. Although the definition of "adult" was very different from today, girls at least had to look mature enough to spark an adult man's sexual interest.

My child is yet a stranger in the world.
    She hath not seen the change of fourteen years.
    Let two more summers wither in their pride
    Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride.

- William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet, 1597.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    What is up with all those pedophiles - i'll never understand.

I mean a young 18-20 yr old girl with a nice body - ye I see why a 40yr old man might wanna do her.
    And on top of that they are bit stupid and you need to spend much less time talking her into having sex.

But fucking a 12 yr old, or a 10yr old. Srsly..Flat, boyish looking child. Apart from this being awfully wrong and freakish - what's even the point?

And I mean fuck you do it - you go to jail for a long time, and they will rape you in that jail and beat you up, and then when you're out of jail you go on a sex offender list, and you can't get a proper job, and all your friends and relatives will probably forget about your existence. And you'll be living alone in some basement.

Fucking kids must be so good if people are willing to risk going through all of that just to fuck a kid.
    I mean everyone knows that heroin is bad for you, but it feels freaking amazing and that's why people still do it despite all the side effects.

Having sex with a minor must be like 1000 times better than heroin.
    Holy shit WTF did I read XDD

Last edited by Peppered; 2016-12-16 at 04:36 PM.

That's not what I said; don't pretend otherwise. I merely pointed out that outright pedophilia has never been the acceptable norm in Western cultures, no matter how much some cultural relativistic dirtbags with a political white-washing agenda might want to believe so. Although the definition of "adult" was very different from today, girls at least had to look mature enough to spark an adult man's sexual interest.

My child is yet a stranger in the world.
    She hath not seen the change of fourteen years.
    Let two more summers wither in their pride
    Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride.

- William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet, 1597.
    That's a pretty loaded response. I simply meant to say that our feelings on this have evolved over time. I was pushing back against the common tactic of judging the past under today's standards. Perhaps I mistook your meaning. /shrug

Puberty in girls averages around 10-14 years.

British Common law during the colonial period, age of consent was 7 years old.