[Holy] Norgannon's Foresight in 7.15

So this stupid ass legendary dropped for me today, and needless to say I was a bit triggered, but then I went back and read the changes to it in 7.15.

Standing still for 8 seconds causes you to be able to cast while moving for 5 seconds.

Holy priests are notorious for our inability to do healing on the move. Does this mean it'll actually be a good healing legendary when it changes to the new effect?

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

How long does Divine Hymn channel for?

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    How long does Divine Hymn channel for?
    8 seconds.

So either the 8 seconds we spend channeling hymn standing still gives us casting on the move guaranteed, OR we use it when we get the movement buff, and can move around for a small bit at the beginning of the cast?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    8 seconds.

So either the 8 seconds we spend channeling hymn standing still gives us casting on the move guaranteed, OR we use it when we get the movement buff, and can move around for a small bit at the beginning of the cast?
    There are many situations, were you will be stationary and casting some heals.. 8 sec seems long but will be over soon. I think it will be more usefull then you think.

You might wanna make a alert to that buff so it appears close to your portrait or w/e to see when it's up., so you will hve maximum use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There are many situations, were you will be stationary and casting some heals.. 8 sec seems long but will be over soon. I think it will be more usefull then you think.

You might wanna make a alert to that buff so it appears close to your portrait or w/e to see when it's up., so you will hve maximum use out of it.
    Yeah I make WAs for everything so this is no exception, but yeah it seems like a long time but it's really only 3 - 4 casts, this is gonna be gooood imo

15+ Year Old Account
    So this stupid ass legendary dropped for me today, and needless to say I was a bit triggered, but then I went back and read the changes to it in 7.15.
    Standing still for 8 seconds causes you to be able to cast while moving for 5 seconds.
    Where did you read that? It would be awesome. I also have this legendary. Procs 3 times a minute but the proc is actually useful maybe twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Where did you read that? It would be awesome. I also have this legendary. Procs 3 times a minute but the proc is actually useful maybe twice a week.
    Cannot for the life of me find the link right now, but I was complaining about getting this legendary in guild chat (to a fire mage who has it, rip him) and he was like 'yeah but it'll be okay next patch' and he linked me to a wowhead article with the changes

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-s-Foresight <-- this too
    but I did find an actual change list for it on one of the wowhead articles
    Last edited by Larinnian; 2016-12-16 at 07:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cannot for the life of me find the link right now
    I could only find this source, which I have never heard of and I don't know it it's trustworthy.

PTR Build 23109 is the most recent news I've heard about the change. It was on the front page of MMOChamp.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...es-November-29

Last edited by fixall; 2016-12-16 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    PTR Build 23109 is the most recent news I've heard about the change. It was on the front page of MMOChamp.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...es-November-29
    Wow, thanks, it's real then. Not sure how I skipped this news item.

This makes me very slightly less unhappy as it dropped for me yesterday too -- however I play discipline which doesn't really profit much from the proc. I can move decently already. As a bonus I think the proc is currently consumed by penance.

Penance does not consume it on live. On PTR the only change that I don't like is that if you are standing still you get a buff that basically primes you for moving. But if you have this buff and start a channel the channel is interrupted before the "cast while moving" buff is applied. So you have to move before you cast your spell on PTR and it isn't the case on live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    I can move decently already.
    How do you do that? In harder content you either spam PWR or SM most of the time, none of these allow movement.

As a bonus I think the proc is currently consumed by penance.
    No, it isn't.

"Effect now begins when you start moving"

So could you theoretically start a cast or channel, then start moving, and the cast/channel wouldn't be interrupted?

That'd be pretty useful for Divine Hymn.

How do you do that? In harder content you either spam PWR or SM most of the time, none of these allow movement.

Penance, Rapture + PW:S, Mindbender... sure disc is not the most mobile healer but things could be way worse. That said I'm not raiding mythic and my mythic+ max is somewhere around 12-13.

Quote Originally Posted by decnalabnu View Post
    Penance does not consume it on live. On PTR the only change that I don't like is that if you are standing still you get a buff that basically primes you for moving. But if you have this buff and start a channel the channel is interrupted before the "cast while moving" buff is applied. So you have to move before you cast your spell on PTR and it isn't the case on live.
    I think they should change it to work like this:
    After 8s standing still you get a buff that allowes you to cast while moving, but as soon as you move (or better: as soon as you cast or channel while moving) you get a 5s debuff which cancels the buff when it expires.

This way you won't get overly punished for latency, because the buff is already up when you need it.

It would still not be terribly impressive as far as effects go but it would be usable.

Penance, Rapture + PW:S, Mindbender... sure disc is not the most mobile healer but things could be way worse. That said I'm not raiding mythic and my mythic+ max is somewhere around 12-13.
    Disc is actually pretty mobile, it is just that suddenly having to move while preparing for the big hit that throws us off somewhat.