Page 1 of 3
LastLast

D3 Q&A Impressions

The "lead game designer" now is a 16 year old kid that never played Diablo 1 or 2. They have no plans to fix paragon. They're happy with greater rifts being the only end game and sets being the only things worth farming. So basically...RIP Diablo for good. There's 0 hope the franchise can be restored to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    The "lead game designer" now is a 16 year old kid that never played Diablo 1 or 2. They have no plans to fix paragon. They're happy with greater rifts being the only end game and sets being the only things worth farming. So basically...RIP Diablo for good. There's 0 hope the franchise can be restored to it's former glory.
    .....What?

Also why don't you go make a better game then?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There is no path backward in time. We can only go forward. The sooner people realize this, the sooner stupid threads like this will stop happening.

OT: There was no endgame in Diablo 1 or 2 either.
    There was no item power advancement past level 30 until LoD came out.
    There were almost no worthwhile in D2 runewords until LoD 1.10.
    There was no endgame until later patches in D2 and no endgame in D1 at all.
    Duping and hacking was rampant and unchecked in D1, and it was still a problem in D2.

I'm sure there's more I could come up with, but this is just what I thought of offhand.

D1 and D2 are not better games. People's standards were just not insanely ignorant to reality.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2016-12-16 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    .....What?

Also why don't you go make a better game then?
    I left a better game in my toilet this morning.

Diablo 3 was pretty much dead on the water upon launch, and apart from a few weeks every year with new seasons, players just don't have any interest on it. Too many glaring issues that weren't solved in the past years.

I'd suggest Path of Exile to anyone who didn't try it yet... the true spiritual successor of Diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Diablo 3 was pretty much dead on the water upon launch, and apart from a few weeks every year with new seasons, players just don't have any interest on it. Too many glaring issues that weren't solved in the past years.

I'd suggest Path of Exile to anyone who didn't try it yet... the true spiritual successor of Diablo 2.
    I just reinstalled PoE the other day. I tried it during beta and wasn't impressed but lately it seems they fixed a lot of their early technical issues. Agreed, it's way more of an ARPG than D3 could ever dream to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    There is no path backward in time. We can only go forward. The sooner people realize this, the sooner stupid threads like this will stop happening.

Duping and hacking was rampant and unchecked in D1, and it was still a problem in D2.

I'm sure there's more I could come up with, but this is just what I thought of offhand.

D1 and D2 are not better games. People's standards were just not insanely ignorant to reality.
    ARPGs are more about character customization and theorycrafting builds. Building a character then finding gear for it. There's no character building in D3 at all. Everything is funneled into you just getting Blizzards FOTM class set. Also...D2 had a pvp end game and trading.
    Last edited by Dispirit; 2016-12-16 at 06:21 AM.

A 16 year old kid? Is that a metaphor?

Either way Diablo 3 has been dead for a while mate all that is left is to hold our breath and wait for their next Diablo title which will hopefully not be an ARPG because Blizzard forgot how to make those. I could load up Champions of Norrath on the PS2 and get a better experience than D3 could ever provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    A 16 year old kid? Is that a metaphor?

Either way Diablo 3 has been dead for a while mate all that is left is to hold our breath and wait for their next Diablo title which will hopefully not be an ARPG because Blizzard forgot how to make those. I could load up Champions of Norrath on the PS2 and get a better experience than D3 could ever provide.
    Look at the VoD for the Q&A Today. Swear the dude looks between 16-18 years old. He may very well be mid 20s probably tops.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    D2 had trading!

Oh that's rich.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    D2 had trading!

Oh that's rich.
    Please elaborate...

Wow you weren't lying about a kid running the show. https://www.facebook.com/Diablo/vide...4049878321641/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please elaborate...
    Is trading really anything worth talking about? Technically speaking we can trade now, it's just not in a fancy interface. Soooooooooo... so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    Wow you weren't lying about a kid running the show. https://www.facebook.com/Diablo/vide...4049878321641/
    20s I'd say.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm not say Woooo D2 had trading. I'm saying D2 had more going on than mindless GR spam for the same set pieces everyone else is using because it's the only thing viable.

Look at the VoD for the Q&A Today. Swear the dude looks between 16-18 years old. He may very well be mid 20s probably tops.
    Holy fuck I think I went to high school with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Holy fuck I think I went to high school with that guy.
    Last year?

Respect for guys who hate a game yet stick around the community long enough to follow its news and watch developer videos just to trash em. That's hardcore haterade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post

And what has this to do with current D3 state and the abysmal Q&A session we received. It's not that i don't agree, but it has zero correlòation with the argument.

Back on topic: the guy was clearly clueless. This Q&A just shows how they are fine with the current game state so don't expect anything really new.

"do you have plans for a paragon rework?" and he starts going about paragon being an alternate progression path (NOPE) and about how they're going to implement challenge rifts next pacth which is irrelevant to the question.

"do you have plans for a skill overhaul/improvement?" "no"

"any chance we will see some ture endgame content comparable to greater rifts?" "seasons are endgame and keep the game fres and journey and challeng rifts". WHAT THE FUCK. It doesn't even make sense. People is even stopping playing seasons because of crap cosmetics and generally being always the same thing that has been done 8 times now.

various questions about sets were all answered with "let's see how players react and what they can find out and try". Which basically translates into "we're trying some random stuff and we'll wait if players can solve the issue". Example new Akkhan's amulet - it doesn't serve any freakin purpose. The set needs a redesign.
    Also the Overpower legendary - "we wanted to include it into Wastes but we didn't and now you can try it and see if it works".
    No, F***, it won't work because you don't have any synergy with anything.

Also, generally badly picked questions like "anniversary event on consoles". I mean, what the hell.

This Q&A has been completely useless. No relevant information and the usual "we're fine, game's going forward, buy the necro". Nothing that wasn't said already at Blizzcon and basically nothing worth knowing.

They're really making the game worse by leaving everything as it is. They fucked it up big time, now everypne is afraid to put their hands on it so everything will stay the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Last year?
    We used to steal his launch at recess because his mom would make the most delicious strudels and then one night she invited me over and...

That's another story for another time.

I giggled when he said seasons are the way to keep the game fresh, rather than adding progression aside from GRs. The subreddit and community in general has been pretty negative, both with no real new content for quite a while and dissappointing announcement at Blizzcon. How has the message of people wanting new content not come across yet. Instead the OP overused skills don't seem to be adressed, GRs seem to be aimed as being the only character progression and paragon seems te be here to stay. :/

I suppose the only real hope is to have the Necro DLC to be successful enough to make Blizzard willing again to input resources into D3. It's pretty clear that without a steady revenue any effort is seen as a loss especially sicne playerbase is currently really small.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.