Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coburn1990 View Post
    From someone who plays fairly competitively and is currently in a 7/7 Mythic EN and 1/3 Mythic EN I'll try and provide some anecdotal insight.

I have found the PvE side of things to be very rewarding with fury, many will tell you that you can only raid at normal and heroic as fury because it's bad for Mythic, which simply isn't true. Assuming you're not in a bleeding edge guild then fury is both competitive, and viable. Once you start to get in to the min/max side of things and start looking at guilds who class stack and push for world first then my prior statement would change, but I don't think that's the side of things you'll be playing the game from.

The dmg taken really is negligible given the extra HP, I have never died to something I didn't deserve to die to. In-fact I have survived certain situations where I should have probably died but as enrage was off and we have an inflated HP pool I actually survived (eg Stunned on a Shattering spear during Mythic Odyn last week. leaving me on 4%).

Fury is also viable for 5 man content with the burst potential of Odyns Fury, the sustained AoE from War Machine & Wrecking Ball and the utility from Shockwave you can't really go wrong. Last week I 2 chested a 13 and completed a 15.

If fury is the spec you want to play because you find it fun then do so, if you're a competent player and play your class/spec correctly then you can achieve what the game has to offer, you shouldn't feel shoehorned in to going arms because the top 10 players in the world are arms.

If you want to see how well I do as fury in comparison to the other DPS in my guild then you can search for Character Coburn, Guild Exception on Bloodfeather EU on warcraft logs (Noxxic is terribly unreliable and shouldn't be used as a source of rankings)

I have not PvP'd as fury so I cannot comment on that side of things.
    I'm over here in complete agreement, if you play well you will do well as fury. I'm Swantonbomb from <Fused> on NA

[

Made by dubbelbasse

PVP - dont bother
    PVE - unless you have certain legendary (helm/ring) you will lag behind on DPS.

Warriors are treated like the orphan ginger child by blizzard.

Deleted
    From someone who plays fairly competitively and is currently in a 7/7 Mythic EN and 1/3 Mythic EN I'll try and provide some anecdotal insight.

I have found the PvE side of things to be very rewarding with fury, many will tell you that you can only raid at normal and heroic as fury because it's bad for Mythic, which simply isn't true. Assuming you're not in a bleeding edge guild then fury is both competitive, and viable. Once you start to get in to the min/max side of things and start looking at guilds who class stack and push for world first then my prior statement would change, but I don't think that's the side of things you'll be playing the game from.

The dmg taken really is negligible given the extra HP, I have never died to something I didn't deserve to die to. In-fact I have survived certain situations where I should have probably died but as enrage was off and we have an inflated HP pool I actually survived (eg Stunned on a Shattering spear during Mythic Odyn last week. leaving me on 4%).

Fury is also viable for 5 man content with the burst potential of Odyns Fury, the sustained AoE from War Machine & Wrecking Ball and the utility from Shockwave you can't really go wrong. Last week I 2 chested a 13 and completed a 15.

If fury is the spec you want to play because you find it fun then do so, if you're a competent player and play your class/spec correctly then you can achieve what the game has to offer, you shouldn't feel shoehorned in to going arms because the top 10 players in the world are arms.

If you want to see how well I do as fury in comparison to the other DPS in my guild then you can search for Character Coburn, Guild Exception on Bloodfeather EU on warcraft logs (Noxxic is terribly unreliable and shouldn't be used as a source of rankings)

I am on the same progress as you. Got targeted with expel light on odyn just as I was pressing my rampage. Then shatter hit simultaneously with expel light, ER was on CD and I dropped dead from 80% HP within 1 sec. Guess I was bad for not calling out for an external, but my brain couldn't process all that information and react in time...

Given, this is a very rare occasion, but fury can indeed die due to his class fantasy "mechanic".

Quote Originally Posted by raider3 View Post
    I am on the same progress as you. Got targeted with expel light on odyn just as I was pressing my rampage. Then shatter hit simultaneously with expel light, ER was on CD and I dropped dead from 80% HP within 1 sec. Guess I was bad for not calling out for an external, but my brain couldn't process all that information and react in time...

Given, this is a very rare occasion, but fury can indeed die due to his class fantasy "mechanic".
    You can equally apply that scenario to other classes and you would get similar results. DR ability on CD, 80% HP and combo'd by two potentially lethal boss abilities can kill other classes. I've seen the same thing happen to other players in our raid.

An interesting exercise would be to check that particular death, do some sums and work out whether you would have died regardless of the 20% dmg taken or not.

Even if the result was surviving without the 20% I would say it's unfair to judge a class based on the fringe scenario of one boss encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    1. Fury are great in raids and are top notch in mythic+, im smashing the meters pretty much everywhere.

2. No idea, dont do pvp.

3. Great selfsustain in world pve content especially with the legendary bracers, I can not speak for world pvp though.

PvE performance should be about the same if not better after Nighthold hits.

To all the whiners on the forums and in this thread that say fury sucks simply just dont know how to play or havent played with a well geared fury warrior who knows his shit.

Go for it man, you wont be disappointed.
    Thank you! I felt alone on this.

I'm doing pretty great in mythic raiding scene as well as mythic +.

I was doing some random BGs and was doing twice the damage of anyone in the group, wrecking anyone.

Haven't tried arenas.

Fury is fun and if you know how to utilize CDs available to you you will do great!

@Coburn and @Swantonbomb

I still never understood the justification for the extra 20% damage taken. It's just frustrating when the other classes in the raid can go balls to the wall on say Cenarius where we lust and stack on the first phase. And since I'm Enraged for most of that fight, I can get gibbed easily if I'm not focusing laser attention. The rest of the classes make it out ok since the healers are AoE healing everyone.

The only slight defensive CD we have is Enraged Regeneration but that just negates the extra damage from Enrage. I think both of you take the extra Heroic Leap talent (Bounding Stride) vs Warpaint, but that still doesn't justify the extra damage at all. Does any other class experience this hindrance?

Btw, good stuff Coburn. I wished my guild was further along in Mythic EN progression so that I could actually get some upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    @Coburn and @Swantonbomb

I still never understood the justification for the extra 20% damage taken. It's just frustrating when the other classes in the raid can go balls to the wall on say Cenarius where we lust and stack on the first phase. And since I'm Enraged for most of that fight, I can get gibbed easily if I'm not focusing laser attention. The rest of the classes make it out ok since the healers are AoE healing everyone.

The only slight defensive CD we have is Enraged Regeneration but that just negates the extra damage from Enrage. I think both of you take the extra Heroic Leap talent (Bounding Stride) vs Warpaint, but that still doesn't justify the extra damage at all. Does any other class experience this hindrance?

Btw, good stuff Coburn. I wished my guild was further along in Mythic EN progression so that I could actually get some upgrades.
    Yeah I don't have the justification for it existing either, I would speculate that if devs were to "do over", then it wouldn't exist, but here we are mid x-pack and we're unlikely to see it disappear.

That being said it certainly isn't a reason for not playing fury or declaring fury unviable.

I would say nuking yourself on Cenarius is more of a result of Fury's CD stacking and burst potential (Especially if you have the ring). Granted extra dmg taken doesn't help but you'll have Fire Mages burst themselves aswell if they aren't careful, again due to the bursty nature of their damage. Fortunately our resto shaman recognized this quite early and puts his chain heals through me, apart from when he had to kite thorns last night at which point my CD's went off with a ring proc and I subsequently died... Shit happens

Well I'm not saying its not viable, but more of a pita. I personally feel like I have to get better gear, avoid more stuff, and pay closer attention than other classes to do as much damage. It's like the 30% extra tax. Why have to work 30% harder when other classes have it as a norm?

There have been times the entire raid gets close to dying (due to something stupid), and they have the luxury of popping multiple CDs to save themselves. When you are the ONLY one that died even when you popped the thing we call a CD and a healhstone/health pot it just feels like, hmm would have been nice to have what the other classes has. Call it class envy but I'm often left scratching my head why we don't innately have these things as Fury. I mean even Arms has more get out of jail free cards including not taking that extra damage.

Except, Fury is taking effectively LESS dmg than any other spec.

If you are dying from mechanics as fury, it's entirely your fault, any other class would be dead long before you do. I'm 90% time last man standing in any scenario be it hc, mythic or mythic+. It's not Pally's survivability level, but not too shabby either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastlin View Post
    Except, Fury is taking effectively LESS dmg than any other spec.
    Im obviously missing something here. How are Fury Warriors taking less damage than any other class/spec out there?

Couldn't agree more.

Im obviously missing something here. How are Fury Warriors taking less damage than any other class/spec out there?
    Fury has around 130% HP of other classes. Lets assume you are taking a hit of 100% HP of any other spec. Rogue, Mage, SPries is already dead, because he relatively lost 100%, you as Fury lose (100%*1.15) / 130% ~ 88% your total HP, which means you effective got hit for less than your total health pool.

Combine it with the fact that Enrage WILL drop off eventually, you will, in such situation, be hit by even less. Take an example of Guarm charge, Fury basically can sit and eat it all while half of the raid is already dead (enrage will definitely fall off because the charge is too long).

Guarm charge, Helya blob explosion, Ursoc roar - all those mechanics favour Fury due to increased health pool. Does it mean you need to be healed for more? Yes. Is it any issue? Only really bad healers will tell you so trying to blame their shortcomings on your chosen spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcugly View Post
    1. Fury are great in raids and are top notch in mythic+, im smashing the meters pretty much everywhere.

2. No idea, dont do pvp.

3. Great selfsustain in world pve content especially with the legendary bracers, I can not speak for world pvp though.

PvE performance should be about the same if not better after Nighthold hits.

To all the whiners on the forums and in this thread that say fury sucks simply just dont know how to play or havent played with a well geared fury warrior who knows his shit.

Go for it man, you wont be disappointed.
    1. Isnot entirely true, with m10 and higher with tyranicall we get stomped in most dungeons becouse we spend more time in bosses doing single target damage.

Deleted
    I agree with others that fury is indeed viable in pve. Having a blast playing the spec and always top 3 on bosses in our raids. After we got the 2 x buffs fury is fine. I am not on mythic raiding yet, but I have done 457k on a single target heroic raid boss as my best and I think that would be good enough to be raiding mythic.

So go play fury if your not in top 10 guild in the world, you will be fine. ilvl 879 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Short example. I have 888ilvl. Where:
    As Arms I have 2.9kk HP:
    Die by the Sword - 8s 30% dmg reduction and 100% parry chance
    Commanding Shout - 15% increase maximum HP
    Bladestorm - Clearing all roots + giving CC immune
    DEFENSIVE STANCE - reducing dmg done by 10% but reducing dmg taken by 20%

As Fury I have: 3kk hp (100k hp more than Arms)
    Commanding Shout - 15% increase maximum HP
    Enraged Regeneration - 30% dmg reduction and 20% more hp restored from BT for 8s
    Enrage - U take 15% more dmg...

So while Arms is doing as much dmg in PvP as Fury, Arms has much more utility and survi than Fury
    How can you only have 3kk as fury? Im at 856 ilvl and I have just under 3.2k plus you spam bloodthirst for all game long and you can take the charge which makes your BT heal for 300% more and as fury you get a cooldown reduction on everything with your artifact weapon. Arms might be a tad better than fury somply because of mortal strike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    How can you only have 3kk as fury? Im at 856 ilvl and I have just under 3.2k plus you spam bloodthirst for all game long and you can take the charge which makes your BT heal for 300% more and as fury you get a cooldown reduction on everything with your artifact weapon. Arms might be a tad better than fury somply because of mortal strike
    So... Seems like u have 856ilvl and 30+ artefact level?

BT is useless in PvP as it heals u there for 50% less. Give heal redu on top of that and oh wow, u have almost no sustain and u are getting 15% more dmg than anyone...

Deleted
    I have almost 1 million more hp than most of the people in BGs. It is really fun for casual, with a BC combo you can kill anyone.

Fury has around 130% HP of other classes. Lets assume you are taking a hit of 100% HP of any other spec. Rogue, Mage, SPries is already dead, because he relatively lost 100%, you as Fury lose (100%*1.15) / 130% ~ 88% your total HP, which means you effective got hit for less than your total health pool.

Combine it with the fact that Enrage WILL drop off eventually, you will, in such situation, be hit by even less. Take an example of Guarm charge, Fury basically can sit and eat it all while half of the raid is already dead (enrage will definitely fall off because the charge is too long).

Guarm charge, Helya blob explosion, Ursoc roar - all those mechanics favour Fury due to increased health pool. Does it mean you need to be healed for more? Yes. Is it any issue? Only really bad healers will tell you so trying to blame their shortcomings on your chosen spec.
    I think a lot of your assumptions are just incorrect. You are talking about having more health, and being able to survive raid wide damage. Your quote states that we TAKE LESS damage. There's a difference in having more health to survive said damage and actually taking less damage. At least in your last statement you admit that we need to be healed more. If you need to be healed more, you are taking MORE damage.

Chances of you being Enraged and getting hit are pretty high. Relying on your enrage to fall off isn't an effective strat. Most other classes can pop a defense CD and not break a sweat. And I'd love to see you get hit by Heroic Guarm's charge and survive, and basically "sit and eat it".

I think a lot of your assumptions are just incorrect. You are talking about having more health, and being able to survive raid wide damage. Your quote states that we TAKE LESS damage. There's a difference in having more health to survive said damage and actually taking less damage. At least in your last statement you admit that we need to be healed more. If you need to be healed more, you are taking MORE damage.

Chances of you being Enraged and getting hit are pretty high. Relying on your enrage to fall off isn't an effective strat. Most other classes can pop a defense CD and not break a sweat. And I'd love to see you get hit by Heroic Guarm's charge and survive, and basically "sit and eat it".
    I said "EFFECTIVELY" less damage, compared to our health pool, did not implied that in absolute terms it's less.

From survivability perspective, it's always a case if you can take a hit and survive. That's why tanks have superior survivability - they can take a lot more hits and don't break a sweat. Fury can take more hits than a regular DPS and survive as well, which implies it HAS better survivability. I'm just tackling a false statement that fury has less survivability due to increased dmg taken, which is constantly flying through those forums.

Not speaking about any CD here, which obviously, we are lacking.

And no, you are not supposed to take a OS hit and survive like Guarms charge. I was referring to raid wide damage which happens during charge not actual hit itself.

I said "EFFECTIVELY" less damage, compared to our health pool, did not implied that in absolute terms it's less.
    I think the word you are looking for is "Proportionally"

Mage Health = 2 mil
    Warrior health = 130% more health than Mage = 2.6 mil
    Raid Wide Damage = 1 mil

Mage takes 100% of the raid wide damage = 1 mil damage
    Enraged Warrior takes 120% of the raid wide damage = 1.2 mil damage
    The warrior takes more or effectively more damage

Mage ends up with 50% health
    Warrior ends up with 54% health
    The warrior takes proportionally less damage

Enraged warriors simply are more of a drain on healers either way you look at it. Ie, they have to spend more mana to top you off which is a pita on mythic raids.

And no, you are not supposed to take a OS hit and survive like Guarms charge. I was referring to raid wide damage which happens during charge not actual hit itself.
    You mentioned Guarm's charge twice, but never mentioned his Flashing Fangs or Roaring Leap ability. How were we to know what you were talking about again?