Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Nighthold will hopefully be good. Probably won't bring back my sub tho
    better post and tell everyone that i'm unsubbed.

gtfo lol
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Please don't be another trial of valor, please don't be another trial of valor.

ToV must be the worst raid ever released. I take trial of crusader any day over it. The odyn fight is so boring after doing it countless times in HoV

So does this mean if we stick to the 2 month format that Blizzard has been using for patch's we should see 7.2 in either late March or early April?

Quote Originally Posted by Vance1982 View Post
    So does this mean if we stick to the 2 month format that Blizzard has been using for patch's we should see 7.2 in either late March or early April?
    Its not out of the question they said they will release zones and stuff without the raid so we have outdoor stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Its not out of the question they said they will release zones and stuff without the raid so we have outdoor stuff to do.
    This is a good point. However I do think it's going to be 3 months nighthold. At least I hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    better post and tell everyone that i'm unsubbed.

gtfo lol
    and what exactly is the point of your post?

i especially like the part where they openly admit "we overtuned ToV on purpose " - purely brilliant - i guess heavy nerfs incoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No it's getting removed with Nighthold.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2446734?page=2

As another note, this means that Cutting Edge: Xavius and Ahead of the Curve: Xavius will become unobtainable with the release of Nighthold on January 17.
    nice to have offical confirmation that nighthold is now officialy tier 2 - guess no argus raid after tomb of sargeras

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i especially like the part where they openly admit "we overtuned ToV on purpose " - purely brilliant - i guess heavy nerfs incoming.

- - - Updated - - -

nice to have offical confirmation that nighthold is now officialy tier 2 - guess no argus raid after tomb of sargeras
    Where does it say that it's tier 2?

?? They did not say that. It's just kinda pointless to run around in EN mythic with NH HC/Mythic gear and T-sets. There would be 0 challenge anymore.

Edit. NH LFR drops 855-865+, Normal 870-880+, HC 885-895+ and Mythic 900-910+
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2016-12-16 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Please don't be another trial of valor, please don't be another trial of valor.

ToV must be the worst raid ever released. I take trial of crusader any day over it. The odyn fight is so boring after doing it countless times in HoV
    Speak for yourself.

I for one think that ToV is one of the best "filler" raids ever made. Not only is it challenging and has great lore, but the battles are also quite diverse. I don't know how you can get bored from the Odyn fight per say. After you repeat a fight multiple times, it always becomes repetitive, duh.

Only "filler" raids I consider better are: Malygos - Eye of Eternity (WotLK) and Terrace (MoP). Terrace only because it had cool new mechanics, not for lore.

Trial of the Crusader was alright, but nothing Special imo. The only interesting battle was fighting against Lord Jaraxxus and for lore intermissions the feud of Garrosh/Varian alongside Lich King appearance and shattering the ground. The first boss(es) was basically killing bigger trash mobs. The battle against the alliance was again only killing trash mobs in a priority order. The Valkyr's was okayish, but nothing Special either and Anubarak was a joke (hit, dig, hit, dig, hit, yawn).

I could continue with the other "filler" raids we get from Blizzard, but most of them have random unnecessary lore and unintuitive battles (see Halion or Sartharion for example).

This one is finally releasing Odyn (the probably strongest titan-forged) from his "prison" and slaying his "stepdaughter". I hoped they would've done more with the deal Helya and Sylvanas have made in the stormheim questline. Well, maybe there will be more, but with Helya dead it seems like the forgot (which I hope they didn't). The only stale battle in that encounter is against Guarm tbh, he's just a dps check boss. I guess most raids require a dps check boss though, else we would feel like something's missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    ?? The did not say that. It's just kinda pointless to run around in EN mythic with NH HC/Mythic gear and T-sets. There would be 0 challenge anymore.

it doesnt have to say anything - removal of AoTC is equal to end of tier - gear levels doesnt matter , difficulty doesnt matter - only hting that matter is removal of AoTC. which confirms end of tier.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    it doesnt have to say anything - removal of AoTC is equal to end of tier - gear levels doesnt matter , difficulty doesnt matter - only hting that matter is removal of AoTC. which confirms end of tier.
    So you blowing all of this out of you ass is now an official statement? You realize the reason they are removing it is because the challenge is gone with nighthold gear coming into the picture?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...rview-summary/
    One tier is Emerald Nightmare + Nighthold, another one in 7.2 and another in 7.3.

And no, AotC doesn't end it. Otherwise, ToV is part of tier's 19 and 20 because it end's once 7.2 launches. Plus, that'd also mean that NH as T20 would be dropping T19 gear because that's how tier's have been defined by.

Tiers have been out longer than achievs. Achievs do not set what a tier is.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-12-16 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I'm not sure where you got this. That the Nighthold raid was designed before the ToV raid doesn't mean that it takes place earlier in the lore. Heck, Nighthold the raid was finished before the Suramar content leading in to taking over the city and entering the Nighthold.
    NH is 7.0 raid. ToV is 7.1 raid.

Did Trial of the Crusader take place after ICC or before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    NH is 7.0 raid. ToV is 7.1 raid.

Did Trial of the Crusader take place after ICC or before?
    It took place before. It was a buildup for ICC as Arthas appeared a last time in Lich King appearance and shattered the ground of the Arena to lead into Anub'Araks cave/kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    It clearly takes place after because we get Illidan's soul from Helya to put in Xera (soul prism of the illidari follow up) to put in his body which Gul'dan has in NH .
    Really? That makes me so fucking mad right now. When you think you have viable argument, blizz puts some random thing that completely nullifies the argument.
    Its as if we were asked during Trial of the Crusader to go to ICC and slay LK for an item that will help us defeat Anub'arak... Fucking blizz and their inconsistencies, one would think that story of 7.1 raid would take place AFTER the story of 7.0 raid. Fools...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pelagoth View Post
    It took place before. It was a buildup for ICC as Arthas appeared a last time in Lich King appearance and shattered the ground of the Arena to lead into Anub'Araks cave/kingdom.
    I know it. I was arguing that, since 3.2 raid took place before 3.3 raid (storywise), so should 7.0 take place before 7.1. But apparently we are required to gather an item from 7.1 boss to complete quest chain for 7.0 boss... no fucking logic in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    ?? They did not say that. It's just kinda pointless to run around in EN mythic with NH HC/Mythic gear and T-sets. There would be 0 challenge anymore.

The same is true for ToV, even more now with the nerfs...

But ToV won't have it's stuff removed...

I like how people were waiting for the blue post, but completely ignored the description of AotC/CE: Xavius which explicitly stated "before the opening of Nighthold" since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Bro, people are literally linking you a blue post confirming curve will be removed when Nighthold hits. Who cares about pendatics and what 'defines' a tier when the literal word from the lion's mouth itself says curve will be going away. So maybe less answering back and more paying attention to what a couple of people are trying to tell you, yes?

And it kind of makes sense, too. The gear advantage of NH items would defeat the challenge of curve: Xavius.
    He is actually right, both are the same tier. The same way HM and BRF were. Blizzard stated that they would only do a diferent time frame between EN/NH instead. Removing the feat doesn't mean it's a new tier now.

The only diference is that they don't want people doing the same thing they did with HM/BRF. Taking gear from BRF and easily stomping the achievement from HM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Are you actually retarded? Multiple people have even linked a source of blizzard saying that it's going away when nighthold opens.
    Read again what he said, removing the feat isn't the same as saying that it's a new tier.

He is just saying that both raids are part of the same tier, as Blizzard already said since the launch. It's the same thing as HM/BRF, except that they won't allow you to stomp EN with NH gear like players did in HM with BRF gear.

Blizzard just played smart this time (but ToV will also be stomped with NH gear, but the feat will stay, wich makes no sense).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I like how people were waiting for the blue post, but completely ignored the description of AotC/CE: Xavius which explicitly stated "before the opening of Nighthold" since day 1.
    Yeap, Blizzard just changed their mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post

Yeap, Blizzard just changed their mind now.
    Must have misremembered.