Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Their videos have hundreds of thousands of views. I'd say they're plenty big. Apparently they're a progressive/alternative metal band and their vocalist has been working on a solo project in the last few years.
    huh, really? well, that's good then. maybe they'll make more eventually.

i didn't think they were popular because i usually look up these "-topic" channels since they have high quality stuff. the stuff on theirs only has like 3 to 5 views each, maybe 10.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-12-15 at 10:40 PM.

Deleted
    @<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=577851" target="_blank">Marweinicus</a> Not sure if you know this band already, but I remembered that I had this on my harddrive and I feel like you might enjoy this:
    https://vianocturna.bandcamp.com/track/terror-machine
    :|

I do actually! I Like the guitars, and the cyber keyboard sounds. Please tell me that it doesn't have cleans though, it would be pretty shitty then. Added on Spotify, will listen to the latest album tomorrow.

It's a bit heavier than for instance this band:

Which I love the music, and the harsh vocals, the cleans, not that much. But it's something I can overlook in this example
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2016-12-15 at 11:29 PM.

At least in my country, those topic channels are blocked. I'd guess that that's the case for most of the world, hence the low number of views.
    no idea why the topic channels are blocked for other countries. they're really good, cause they make it super easy to find every single song you want from a band at high quality.

anyway, idk if this is their latest cd or not. i really like this song, the rest of the cd is okish, definitely not my favorite. parallax 2 is my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no idea why the topic channels are blocked for other countries. they're really good, cause they make it super easy to find every single song you want from a band at high quality.
    I'd say that's exactly -why- they are blocked.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2016-12-16 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'd say that's exactly -why- they are blocked.
    they say they're channels generated by youtube. idk what that means really.

if it's made by youtube, you wouldn't think it'd be blocked anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any problems with finding music, so it doesn't matter if the topic channels are blocked here. I never really liked Between the Buried and Me but I like Sun of Nothing off of their Colors album.
    i really like their kind of stuff, how everything's a story and such.

would love to see parallax as a movie.

Deleted

Nice to see that MMO-C fucked up my mention again.
    What do you mean, mention? I got notified on my account that you tagged my name. I am confused now.

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, idk if this is their latest cd or not. i really like this song, the rest of the cd is okish, definitely not my favorite. parallax 2 is my favorite.
    You should give these bands a try if you like that sort of stuff.

Some metalcore bands I listened to many, many years ago. I moved on from such bands, but they still keep a little place for me because bands like these is what got me slowly into the death metal area.

Let me know if you like them

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Some metalcore bands I listened to many, many years ago. I moved on from such bands, but they still keep a little place for me because bands like these is what got me slowly into the death metal area.

Let me know if you like them
    ah, i liked a few things from still remains, and killswitch engaged and such. btbam is prog metal though, not metalcore. coma ecliptic is their lightest album so far, i do think it is good just not as good as their previous albums.

there was an all girl metalcore band that i liked as well, can't remember their name though.

It's interesting that some people don't like the clean vocals! I was kind of the opposite (highly opposed to growls and harsh vocals) but, I've been making a conscious effort to familiarize myself with them and learn to listen "beyond" them, in a sense.

Some bands, I find, do very well with the deeper growls and honestly, I could not see how the music could actually work without them when I stop to think about it. So, I think clean and not-clean both have their places, it's interesting to see others opinions on this, though!

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    It's interesting that some people don't like the clean vocals! I was kind of the opposite (highly opposed to growls and harsh vocals) but, I've been making a conscious effort to familiarize myself with them and learn to listen "beyond" them, in a sense.

Some bands, I find, do very well with the deeper growls and honestly, I could not see how the music could actually work without them when I stop to think about it. So, I think clean and not-clean both have their places, it's interesting to see others opinions on this, though!
    i definitely enjoy both, and if a band can mix clean and growls well that is good for me. pantera for the most part had clean vocals, and they are my favorite of all bands of all times. btbam is so far the only one to come close to them for me.

pretty much, if it's a genre of metal, i probably like it. i don't so much care for the edgy stuff anymore though.

10+ Year Old Account

I like both but it really depends on the band. For instance Khemmis has excellent clean vocals and I really dig their latest album but then for instance I really disliked the cleans on 40 Watt Sun. Not really a fan of grunts though, it's the main reason I don't much care for death metal bar a couple of bands. I don't dislike all grunts, some are actually very good, but in general grunts really are not for me. I much prefer black metal type of vocals.

Deleted
    ah, i liked a few things from still remains, and killswitch engaged and such. btbam is prog metal though, not metalcore. coma ecliptic is their lightest album so far, i do think it is good just not as good as their previous albums.

there was an all girl metalcore band that i liked as well, can't remember their name though.
    Still Remains came out with a new album a few years ago. Worth listening to it. I was pleasantly surprised after so many years.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends. Look at your average metalcore band from USA. Whenever those cleans come in I cringe so hard. But then again, those are mostly mainstream shitty bands.

I like clean vocals, but only if it blends in well with the grunts and there's some raw power behind it. Don't want the cleans to sound like a 15 year boy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I like clean vocals, but only if it blends in well with the grunts and there's some raw power behind it. Don't want the cleans to sound like a 15 year boy or something.
    I hear you, I'm picky about my singers as well. A lot of "metalcore" or mainstream "metal" bands (aka whatever lands on the radio save a few of the classics) have singers that don't much sing as whine out loud in a mic, makes me cringe hard.

Like I said, both have a place in the right way, some growls/screamo are cringe as well (especially if they sound like someone is strangling a pig/duck). It's also amazing how very few bands would work as being solely instrumental, vocals are pivotal to the genre and so, if they don't work, it doesn't matter how stellar the guitar riffs are.

Deleted
    I hear you, I'm picky about my singers as well. A lot of "metalcore" or mainstream "metal" bands (aka whatever lands on the radio save a few of the classics) have singers that don't much sing as whine out loud in a mic, makes me cringe hard.

Like I said, both have a place in the right way, some growls/screamo are cringe as well (especially if they sound like someone is strangling a pig/duck). It's also amazing how very few bands would work as being solely instrumental, vocals are pivotal to the genre and so, if they don't work, it doesn't matter how stellar the guitar riffs are.
    Seems like we share the same thoughts.

I'm sure you've listened to some sick new band too, and then like 1 minute in some whiny bitch ruins the entire band for you (Although the opposite is true aswell, fearing for lame cleans, but they don't come! - huge relief)

- - - Updated - - -

This year isn't even over yet but I am already looking forward to January's release

I do have heard better MPE tracks, but I'm sure it's still going to be a sick album.

MPEs 3 first albums are amazing, but after their 2 original guitarists left, the band hasn't been as good tbh. Props to the new guitarists for managing to still sound like the same band, but something got lost in the writingprocess.

Can't really put my finger on it, but their new stuff is lacking something that made the old albums great.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2016-12-17 at 11:24 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad the 2017 aoty will drop in January... I hate it when bands do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Heavy metal AOTY

I almost had entirely forgotten about this album, and I finally got to listen to it, and it is easily one of the best heavy metal albums I have heard in a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    MPEs 3 first albums are amazing, but after their 2 original guitarists left, the band hasn't been as good tbh. Props to the new guitarists for managing to still sound like the same band, but something got lost in the writingprocess.

Can't really put my finger on it, but their new stuff is lacking something that made the old albums great.
    First 4

And Death Said Live was amazing. My favourite album after The Unborn. Now Dawn of the 5th Era wasn't as impressive, still enjoyable, but I missed the awesome riffs.

Just 1-2 months and we'll see how their newest album will be

Yeah, what will probably be my AOTY came out in January this year.

Girlfriend bought me some vinyl for Christmas, got the last piece of Darkthone's unholy trinity and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.

She's down in socal right now visiting her family, and her dad is giving her a ton of vinyl for us including Maiden's first 6 albums from their original issue.
    I'll put together a little collage of my collection so far after 2 months of buying vinyl.

Deleted
    Better than Dillinger or Architects?

So sad to see Metal Hammer going down because of the suits mismanagement. Brought me so many great bands over the years, through print and the now defunct metal hammer podcast.
    There's a crowdfunding page up for those interested in giving them a merry metal xmas. Who knows it might make the right people realise that there's still a terrificly devoted audience out there for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Track of the day - Demons & Wizards "Crimson King"

I've tried to get into this project, but I just don't like it. Blind Guardian are one of my all time favorite bands, but I just can't stand Iced Earth or Jon Schaffer.