Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Outlaw back in the Dumpster, Farmed those 2 legendaries like crazy to keep the spec viable because I enjoy playing it and having bracer/ring kept the dps on par with the other top 5 dps. With this nerf we now have nerfed AoE (BF nerf) and nerfed Singletarget - they really want Rogue to play sin or reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with RTB tho, that's not a class issue, that's your issue with the class/spec
    im t alking about actual class issues, like sub cant do the 4 SS 1 finisher rotation without some serious meddling with gear/racials or the legendary, when it's DESIGNED to be able to.

or how a small delay on the bar swap completely fucks sub and makes it clunky

or how akari's soul has been bugged for nearly 4 months now (and many more on beta)

RTB is a controversial mechanic, but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. to the levels of sub, it works exactly how it's supposed to work, whether you like that or not is up to you, but it's not a class issue persay.

but the nerfs affect you way less since you're not doing any competitive, it doesnt matter what legendary you have for regular mythics and world quests, so your insight into them is much less valued, im sorry to say

yes but they did buff a lot of classes instead of nerfing in 7.1 for example, in fact they verbatum said they'd rather not nerf stuff but buff stuff this expac due to artifact power, and now they're backtracking, legendary nerf is the same as nerfing a spec so why dont the same rules apply?

the problem is that blizzard has been notoriously good at ignoring rogue problems, so im not holding my breath, it took them 6 years to fix vanish.
    Nerfing a legendary is not at all the same as nerfing a spec though. You invest time in a spec, and if your objektive is simply to top meters, then it sucks if another spec is suddenly the "best" one. An item such as a legendary should not define your class, which it does not today either. You only have that item do to being lucky. If they nerf it, everyone with it gets nerfed, and not just you. Your class should an do function without the item.

If you rolled your spec simply based on your getting that one item, then that was a bad call on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They realized their own fault.
    It's too late to save it. People are either unsubbed or pvp or don't care.

It like the first bj. You can wash your mouth all you want, but the taste won't ever go away. and no i don't speak from experience :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blame Blizzard and their pendulum-like decision making. They always go from one extreme to the other, middle ground being entirely foreign concept to them.
    this a thousand times. and the community has warned blizz every single time. It's as if they are strugglying to hurt their own game sometimes.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2016-12-16 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    Outlaw back in the Dumpster, Farmed those 2 legendaries like crazy to keep the spec viable because I enjoy playing it and having bracer/ring kept the dps on par with the other top 5 dps. With this nerf we now have nerfed AoE (BF nerf) and nerfed Singletarget - they really want Rogue to play sin or reroll.
    Except you know, atm Outlaw is loooking to be the best for ST again in 7.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Nerfing a legendary is not at all the same as nerfing a spec though. You invest time in a spec, and if your objektive is simply to top meters, then it sucks if another spec is suddenly the "best" one. An item such as a legendary should not define your class, which it does not today either. You only have that item do to being lucky. If they nerf it, everyone with it gets nerfed, and not just you. Your class should an do function without the item.

If you rolled your spec simply based on your getting that one item, then that was a bad call on your part.
    what's the difference between your bis legendary being nerfed and your main ability being nerfed?
    they still both increase your damage and the nerf decreases it
    in fact it's worse, i can go play a different spec if mine gets nerfed, i cant go play one if im stuck with 2 legendaries for this spec

what's the difference between your bis legendary being nerfed and your main ability being nerfed?
    they still both increase your damage and the nerf decreases it
    in fact it's worse, i can go play a different spec if mine gets nerfed, i cant go play one if im stuck with 2 legendaries for this spec
    Because of my last sentence dude. If you rolled a spec simply because you thought it would top meters with a specific legendary, you made a rather foolish cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Because of my last sentence dude. If you rolled a spec simply because you thought it would top meters with a specific legendary, you made a rather foolish cal.
    why i rolled the spec is totally irrelevant to this discussion

i cant magically make my spec do more damage by enjoying it more

i rolled sub cos i liked it the best, but part of that deal was that i get a boots that will adress the class issues of my spec and actually make it fun to play
    and now they took that away

Quote Originally Posted by pythqt View Post
    except sub is absolutely shit to play without the feet....
    The boots don't change the rotation within dance itself, only the net energy cost per dance. If you need the boots to get off 4 ss's then the shitness is probably between chair and computer, not the spec itself.

Honestly I like the changes, sub will come out pretty good once all the baddies stop crying over the boots nerf. They reverted a couple of nerfs in the latest build and the aura is up to 12%. I think they should decrease SS cost to 35 energy and the spec is g2g.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    The boots don't change the rotation within dance itself, only the net energy cost per dance. If you need the boots to get off 4 ss's then the shitness is probably between chair and computer, not the spec itself.

Honestly I like the changes, sub will come out pretty good once all the baddies stop crying over the boots nerf. They reverted a couple of nerfs in the latest build and the aura is up to 12%. I think they should decrease SS cost to 35 energy and the spec is g2g.
    If you don't have boots what can you do get off 4 SS? I seem to only get in 3 of none of those proc energetic stabbing.

Also, completely agree the changes seem to be in our favour now. I'm pretty pleased.

Deleted
    To my opinion they just need to address the fact that in long fights you waste your shadow dance charges too fast. Or make the sprint effect happen 100% not depending on damage

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

if you CAN do 4 SS every single time then you're either using the neck from arcway and about 8% haste, you're gnome, or you have like 20% haste
    since you have to spend 155 energy in 5 seconds and you only regen 50 of it back you need to get an extra 5 energy from somewhere
    and none of those things should be a requirement for the spec to play properly
    so yeah, way to get on a high horse without being informed.

Well there right when they saying giving dps legendaries was a mistake. Nerf the dps on legendaries and buff the specs so they perform properly is the best we can hope for at present as you should never have a spec which is only viable with a specific item.

why i rolled the spec is totally irrelevant to this discussion

i cant magically make my spec do more damage by enjoying it more

i rolled sub cos i liked it the best, but part of that deal was that i get a boots that will adress the class issues of my spec and actually make it fun to play
    and now they took that away
    If that was really your reasoning then you made a bad call dude. Plus I don't believe you, unless you played beta and by pure magic did so with the boots. Stop lying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Except you know, atm Outlaw is loooking to be the best for ST again in 7.1.5
    Unfortunately not. The 7% buff is nice for aoe, but st dps wise outlaw will always suck. Outlaw was always weaker than sin in legion for st, even at the very beginning of legion. But this is something nobody knows, because every pleb was fooled by simc to play outlaw. I personally would kick all outlaws from raidgroup, because the gain in aoe dps isnt worth the major dps loss at single target. There are enough classes around which perform much better aoe/st mix wise than outlaw. Especially at helya mythic it makes absolutely no sense to bring an outlaw for effective dps, because an sin will do twice as much at helya.

if you CAN do 4 SS every single time then you're either using the neck from arcway and about 8% haste, you're gnome, or you have like 20% haste
    since you have to spend 155 energy in 5 seconds and you only regen 50 of it back you need to get an extra 5 energy from somewhere
    It's not a requirement, Jesus! It's one more SS. It dosnt change how the spec feel, and it doesn't magically double your dps. Christ, you people are such drama queens making every single little issue into the world is falling. it's pathetic, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Citrush View Post
    Unfortunately not. The 7% buff is nice for aoe, but st dps wise outlaw will always suck. Outlaw was always weaker than sin in legion for st, even at the very beginning of legion. But this is something nobody knows, because every pleb was fooled by simc to play outlaw. I personally would kick all outlaws from raidgroup, because the gain in aoe dps isnt worth the major dps loss at single target. There are enough classes around which perform much better aoe/st mix wise than outlaw. Especially at helya mythic it makes absolutely no sense to bring an outlaw for effective dps, because an sin will do twice as much at helya.
    And that's why, developers don't listen to feedback from "plebs" like you. Seriously dude, did you even read what you wrote?

Deleted
    Feel free to feelcraft all you want bro. That's completely up to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Feel free to feelcraft all you want bro. That's completely up to you.
    My calcs are more accurate like the avg values simc is using for its parses. Normalized rtb buffs are not real.

And yeah. I have no respect against rogues which feel forced to play an uneffective spec before an effective spec.

Simulations are accurate for gearing paths, but not in comparing specs/classes. To compare classes/specs take a look at wcl.
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-12-16 at 05:23 PM.

exactly, why stack haste dont must be a requirement for an additional ss? in the past we stack hit rating and expertise, until the amount where they become softcaped/useless, why this must change?

Deleted
    My calcs are more accurate like the avg values simc is using for its parses. Normalized rtb buffs are not real.

And yeah. I have no respect against rogues which feel forced to play an uneffective spec before an effective spec.

Simulations are accurate for gearing paths, but not in comparing specs/classes. To compare classes/specs take a look at wcl.
    Outlaw rogues where leading wcl before the outlaw nerf. Sorry to break it to you. This is getting sad.

Your calcs? Don't make me laugh

So does anyone have updated legendaries values with current iterations? I have boots, belt and cloak for sub atm is it better to replace boots with belt come patch?