Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ng---More.html
    Final Fantasy XV's First DLC Pack Will Introduce New Game+, Level Cap, Frames For Photo-Sharing & More
    The first batch of Final Fantasy XV DLC has been detailed by Square Enix Japan, via a report from Gematsu. The pack is rumoured to go live in Japan on December 22nd, but no dates for a Western release have been announced yet.

According to the report, the game is going to get a free update soon that adds New Game+ to the title, as well as picture frames that can be added to your photos when you share them from your console. The free DLC will be available to all players, and will also offer a ticket to a carnival event in January - so the DLC will add the items, but they'll be kept behind a time wall until the new year.

If you haven't got a season pass for the game, here's what you'll receive from the DLC:

Level Stopper
    Annihilation Victory Song
    Moogle Chocobo Carnival T-Shirt Costume (Noctis-only, available after January update)
    Limited Time Carnival Ticket
    If you do have the season pass, you're in for a treat - according to Gematsu's report, you'll be getting a lot more items delivered to you as a thank you from the development staff:

Protection Ring
    Command Booster (Noctis-only)
    Phantom Booster (Noctis-only)
    Instant Kill Victory Song
    Battle Technique Victory Song
    Fortuitous Key
    Stamina Anchor (Noctis-only)
    Carnival Style Costume (Noctis-only, available after January update)
    Picture Frames (Holiday Pack Limited Edition, available after January update)
    Limited Time Carnival Ticket+
    It's unclear whether the items exclusively available in the season pass section will be available for separate purchase in the game later on.

It should be noted that whilst this is the first set of DLC for the game, its different from the planned story DLC drop - that's due to re-introduce series regular Gilgamesh to the game, as well as add in a few new locations for you to explore.

The first non-story DLC pack is reported to drop in Japan on December 22nd.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Does NG+ carry over hunt completion or something?

Otherwise i suspect a lot of people are just gonna watch the added scenes on youtube instead of replaying the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are they releasing it on PC? My brother said he beat everything in 2 days but it was good, I don't own a peasant machine. Absolutely ridiculous that in 2016 (17 basically) games are not released on PC where they are developed lol. It's just another exclusive that I'll never spend money on , never understood that process in the gaming 'battle' of machines, it literally only makes them less money.

I don't like the modernized FF games but at least would have played it for the story since I trust my brothers judgement as we were both severely disappointed with 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Sunleth Waterscape, March of the Dreadnaughts and Blinded by Light were awesome.
    Lol so you like elevator music, that's cool.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2016-12-16 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    So are they releasing it on PC? My brother said he beat everything in 2 days but it was good, I don't own a peasant machine. Absolutely ridiculous that in 2016 (17 basically) games are not released on PC where they are developed lol. It's just another exclusive that I'll never spend money on , never understood that process in the gaming 'battle' of machines, it literally only makes them less money.

I don't like the modernized FF games but at least would have played it for the story since I trust my brothers judgement as we were both severely disappointed with 13.

It will come to PC eventually, like every other FF game so far, it was developed 10 years ago starting with ps3 so it's not "this day in age" they have been working on it for 10 years. Secondly console to PC ports are usually shit, suffering from major issues. Usually when a game co releases with PC the PC version turns to garbage (look at no mans sky and FF 13-2) with bugs
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account

With third parties you may have a point, but most of the exclusives made for these consoles are made devs that are owned by the console manufacturers. Sony owns Naughty Dog and while they may lose software sales, Naughty Dog's prestige as one of the best in the business drives hardware sales because people know they can only play Naughty Dog's games on PS4.

Even when a third party develops exclusively for a platform it's generally because the console manufacturer paid for it, like Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Does NG+ carry over hunt completion or something?

Otherwise i suspect a lot of people are just gonna watch the added scenes on youtube instead of replaying the game.
    As far as I can tell they haven't said what carries over yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    As far as I can tell they haven't said what carries over yet so we'll have to wait and see.
    If it's anything like a real NG+ it'll probably be items and ascension points

there really isn't anything else that could carry over for this game and not carrying AP would make NG+ redundant in the first place

What amazes me is that its 2016 and people still dont understand why there is exclusives and why X game doesn't get put on Y platform.

Also amazes me that people still shit on consoles/console gamers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    The console peasants are holding back gaming evolution, and that's a sin.

Considering the only thing I tend to see from PC demands are "more graphics, better graphics, more graphics, better graphics and mods" I don't really see many demanding games themselves evolve much with their "put it on PC" demands.

Yep shame on them for being the bulk of AAA gaming profits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Considering the only thing I tend to see from PC demands are "more graphics, better graphics, more graphics, better graphics and mods" I don't really see many demanding games themselves evolve much with their "put it on PC" demands.
    Don't forget they want the game to support Quad SLI/Cross-Fire day 1 even tho a vast majority don't even SLI/Cross-Fire.

also anyone without a 2000$ PC

but hey console peasants

Would hardly call Blinded by Light "elevator music" but god forbid I like FF13 right? I heard that is a sin on these forums.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-16 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What amazes me is that its 2016 and people still dont understand why there is exclusives and why X game doesn't get put on Y platform.
    Also amazes me that people still shit on consoles/console gamers.
    Why wouldn't they, they are the cancer of gaming for anything that requires a certain amount of complexity and many "could be awesome" games are that bad because they were designed for consoles in mind.

Doubt this has anything to do with FF though, because that game is far from being complex.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-16 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While true doesn't change the fact a decent chulk of the games story isn't even in the game. On top of that there is a story DLC season pass.

While I love the game the story is incomplete and you need the Anime+Movie+DLC to get all of it.
    Compounding this is issue there are convos which happen between the guys which really helps flesh things out but are completely missable.

For example I stayed at some small motel in one of the small town areas (I really have no idea which one it was) and it went to a scene where Noct was sitting on the roof and Prompto joins him. The conversation which ensued from there was one where Prompto tells Noct he feels like he doesn't really belong with them but he wants to and he works really hard everyday to earn his place. You get options how you want to respond to him through out the convo, basically be supportive or be an ass... But either way it was a really interesting scene fit well where it popped but has other implications later when other things are revealed. The fact it can be missed is just sad and leaves later scenes having a bit less emotional impact than they would otherwise. It's just frustrating.

I loved the game, Id give it a 9/10. However I can't shake the feeling this couldve been one of the best games ever but aparently they canceled and re started from scratch so many times that when they actualy had a good thing they did not have the time to properly finish it. The story simply does not flow well, its full of random cuts and the world building and most of the character development (for characters outside the main 4) isn't done properly because of that and the later half of the game is not well integrated in the systems removing you completly from the open world. This is a game that with some 1 or 2 more years of development to polish the flow of the story and add some meat to it (I feel like it needed at least some 30-40 more hours of actual world building and character development plot points) itd've been the best FF ever, as it released its a super fun game with a nice yet flawed story.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-12-16 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Why wouldn't they, they are the cancer of gaming for anything that requires a certain amount of complexity and many "could be awesome" games are that bad because they were designed for consoles in mind.
    Please do provide proof that games would be different if it wasn't for consoles.

Also once again....Console Game sells make up the vast bulk of AAA game sells. So you can thank consoles for the fact you got to play Dues Ex,Witcher 3 and so on.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-16 at 04:42 PM.

No need to start a console vs PC discussion/argument here. This is a thread about Final Fantasy XV, please stick to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Compounding this is issue there are convos which happen between the guys which really helps flesh things out but are completely missable.

For example I stayed at some small motel in one of the small town areas (I really have no idea which one it was) and it went to a scene where Noct was sitting on the roof and Prompto joins him. The conversation which ensued from there was one where Prompto tells Noct he feels like he doesn't really belong with them but he wants to and he works really hard everyday to earn his place. You get options how you want to respond to him through out the convo, basically be supportive or be an ass... But either way it was a really interesting scene fit well where it popped but has other implications later when other things are revealed. The fact it can be missed is just sad and leaves later scenes having a bit less emotional impact than they would otherwise. It's just frustrating.
    Ya, like I said too much story isn't in the game and that's sad because it does have a solid story. Then there is huge chucks that is just outright ignored like the war that was going on for what 30+ years or some shit.

The movie even payed it off like the world outside of insomnia was a war ridden shit show. But ingame its a beautiful lively world.

The game has a solid story to tell, But it feels like it doesn't know how to tell it and the Anime+Movie+Season Pass doesn't help any.

Deleted
    Please do provide proof that games would be different if it wasn't for consoles.

Also once again....Console Game sells make up the vast bulk of AAA game sells. So you can think consoles for the fact you got to play Dues Ex,Witcher 3 and so on.
    Eh... I don't want to engage any further than what I've said but it's not "thanks to consoles" that I get to play Witcher 3 or Deus Ex. Dividing the gaming community into several fragments is the reason why I don't get to enjoy every game. I don't want to own 10 devices (and waste money on the same thing that is barely different from each other) so I can play everything, even though they would all work on the PC just fine.

And if you really need proof to realize that skill-limits, UI issues and all that kind of stuff is due to consoles in 2016/2017, then I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-16 at 04:45 PM.