Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind being whispered, and generally speaking I tend to politely whisper people to avoid making a mess of party/instance/raid chat. And if a person I whisper has a problem with that I assume they have some sort of defect or something and move on.

Beggars has always been present in WoW.

Just in Legion they seem to be flooding into raids aswell..

I just ignore the beggars, and ask in raid chat to roll on an item i'd be passing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    I don't mind being whispered, on the contrary. I use WIM so I can see whispers much easier than actual raid/group chat.
    The 'asking for gear' thing is ok with me. If I don't need the gear, you can have it.
    It's not like vendoring/sharding it is such a big income of gold right?
    I agree, the whining about whispering is highly greedy and selfish (unless, like above, they prefer asking the whole raid to roll).

But what I really want to ask is, who still plays Pokémon GO?

I don't like it. It's my loot. Sometimes people whisper me instantly if they can have the item once i looted it. I didn't even have the chance to look what item it is. That annoys me.

If i want to give it away (and i do on a regular basis) i ask if somebody wants it. After that they are free to whisper me all they want.

It's not as bad as that shitty loot addon though. If i see people using the addon i don't give them shit. I'd rather destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I agree, the whining about whispering is highly greedy and selfish.
    Why is it Greedy and selfish to keep what belongs to you? I am not obligated to give away loot for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2016-12-16 at 04:09 PM.

Finally win a transmog I've been trying to get for 4 weeks.

Leech10 Whispers You: "i can haz plz?"

Me: No

You have been kicked.

"I already gave it away to the first guy who asked"

Problem fixed.

I don't mind. Especially in a large raid, raid chat can get chaotic and its easy to miss something.

That said, if I'm going to whisper someone, I'll inspect them first to see if the gear I'm asking about is a higher iLvl than what they're wearing. I'm usually even willing to swap them a chaos crystal (or gold for one) in exchange for the piece if I'm only wanting it for transmog.
    Last edited by PraisCthulhu; 2016-12-16 at 04:11 PM.

Only reason I can see to whisper is if you're trying to avoid cluttering the channel while strats are being discussed. Problem is, it leads to a lack of transparency and fairness with how loot is shared. Ideally there should be a clear process where loot is linked and rolled on. Given that pugs don't always pause to discuss such things, I think linking your shareable in instance chat - even if someone is already whispering you - should be the norm.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post

You have been kicked.
    I somehow doubt that's common, and by that I mean I've pugged a couple hundred mythic dungeons, who knows how many heroics, and normal/heroic raids and I've yet to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    I don't like it. It's my loot. Sometimes people whisper me instantly if they can have the item once i looted it. I didn't even have the chance to look what item it is. That annoys me.

If i want to give it away (and i do on a regular basis) i ask if somebody wants it. After that they are free to whisper me all they want.

It's not as bad as that shitty loot addon though. If i see people using the addon i don't give them shit. I'd rather destroy it.
    One of my guildies who is a Enchanter always has a few spare purples in his bag for this. An instant "Can I have that" is responded to with "JoBlow has received 1 Chaos Crystal".

Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post

You have been kicked.

Well at least you got your transmog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Does anyone mind being whispered for gear, or would they prefer it if the person asked in raid chat? I don't mind giving people gear if I already have it, but being whispered so much annoys me (Even if it's still a minor gripe of having to be in these runs), but I do my best to ignore it.

Anyone else been in a similar situation?
    Communicating with other players is kind of the whole point of an MMO...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I find it very annoying. It feels comparable to being begged for change at the off ramp of the freeway. The worst part is that fucking addon that announces what you have and that you don't need the item.

The strange thing is that I don't actually mind handing over gear that I don't need, but the interaction itself is unpleasant and obnoxious. My suggestion would be to give some type of subtle loot assignment option to you. Like, you get some 860 boots. You right click the item while it's still tradeable, then you see an option that says, "share loot" or "pass loot" and then it shows you the rest of the party and how much of an upgrade it is to them or something and you can quickly/quietly send it to them without saying anything or opening a trade window, kinda like how loot masters assign raid loot.
    Seems to me despite your later claim that you are simply an egomanical prick who would rather keep an item you will never use anyway in your inventory, disenchant it or sell it to the vendor instead of giving someone else an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    One of my guildies who is a Enchanter always has a few spare purples in his bag for this. An instant "Can I have that" is responded to with "JoBlow has received 1 Chaos Crystal".
    Oh i like that. Might just think about switching to Enchanter now!

Why is it Greedy and selfish to keep what belongs to you? I am not obligated to give away loot for whatever reason.
    You sound like you don't get out a lot, and I don't know if that's a bad thing.

Why exactly do you want to keep it? You even said it yourself - because it's yours. How is that NOT selfish?

This sounds a little extreme to me. I can sympathize with players who have been farming a particular trinket for weeks with no luck, who see someone get it who may not need it, and who rush to ask before it gets DE'd or given to someone else. Yeah, ideally there would be an organized process for sharing, but in the chaos of a pug I don't blame someone for asking.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If it's personal loot, look but don't loot. It will be mailed to you have the group/raid is over.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather the whisper than people ask in raid chat. Because chance is I'm not reading that.

Also, being an enchanter, all gear is useful for me. If not for a stat upgrade, then for ~200g

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If it's personal loot, look but don't loot. It will be mailed to you have the group/raid is over.
    Why even look? It'll still get sent to you and looking takes time

In short: I don't mind being whispered, but I always link in instance chat to give everyone a fair shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I agree, the whining about whispering is highly greedy and selfish (unless, like above, they prefer asking the whole raid to roll).

But what I really want to ask is, who still plays Pokémon GO?
    Hehe, a lot of people do Even though the hype is gone, and most real Pokémon fans have stopped because of the Pokémon Sun/Moon release.
    I still play it with my brother and a friend, we like painting the town (gyms) red (Valor) from time to time.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER