Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They haven't come out and said it, but flying is exclusively for alts. They don't want people flying while the content is even slightly relevant for their mains. You may as well get used to it, because this is how it will be until this game shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    The whole thing about flying is bullshit anyways. They just want everything to take longer for you to do so that you pay your subscription fee for a longer amount of time.
    If not having flying expands your playtime by a month by the end of the expansion, you are one slow SOB given all the flightpaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    That's the only thing you have to answer ? I obviously know that if you were a palydan you only spammed the 1.5sec cast and never went oom. I am obviously talking on a general sense like you did. Or instead of giving you the benefit of the doubt, should i ask you why are you complaining about oom existence when you are playing a palydan ? Is this where i should lead the discussion ? To mud slingling into a wall to see if it sticks ?

Mana changes the spells you used, so did aggro so what. Your point is moot.
    Because I had to wait for non warlocks to drink? Lol. You played a warlock, you didn't really have to drink, either.
    You think waiting 2 mins for a mage to drink 2 mana water in a dungeon is entertaining? Neither was target of target nuking. I mean, sure you could dot things, but unless you were in high shadow damage gear, you'd be doing less damage than just killing the tank's target. It was never that serious for you to have to be fear juggling etc, assuming you had 1 competent mage, since healing aggro wasn't that strong and most 2/4 healers had tools to reduce healing threat.

Deleted
    Flying isn't in game because it is actually bad for the game. The reason they re-introduce it later on is because they expect the general content to had been overplayed, or empty, to ease daily activities. It's not so much about you being slower in game, but to keep you on the treadmill for a longer period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Because I had to wait for non warlocks to drink? Lol. You played a warlock, you didn't really have to drink, either.
    You think waiting 2 mins for a mage to drink 2 mana water in a dungeon is entertaining? Neither was target of target nuking. I mean, sure you could dot things, but unless you were in high shadow damage gear, you'd be doing less damage than just killing the tank's target. It was never that serious for you to have to be fear juggling etc, assuming you had 1 competent mage, since healing aggro wasn't that strong and most 2/4 healers had tools to reduce healing threat.
    Well, i had to drink when canni + bandage + lifetap wasn't enough ^^ (which i did plenty to keep up the pacing).

And well, we used to chat/talk during those downtimes (i know man, crazy stuff, like actually socializing on a MMORPG), and obviously if you played better, those downtimes were smaller/more scarce.

But still, i HAD to manage my mana and my gcd with lifetap. And the second point about not requiring to fear, that's mostly dependant on party composition, if you have the mage and the pulls are small enough, sure, if you don't, you have to look for who can CC and pull accordingly. You are talking a perfect scenario / party composition.
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2016-12-16 at 04:53 PM.

Flying isn't the game because it is actually bad for the game. The reason they re-introduce it later on is because they expect the general content to had been overplayed, or empty, to ease daily activities. It's not so much about you being slower in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i had to drink when canni + bandage + lifetap wasn't enough ^^

But still, i HAD to manage my mana and my gcd with lifetap. And the second point about not requiring to fear, that's mostly dependant on party composition, if you have the mage, sure, if you don't, you have to look for who can CC and pull accordingly.
    Lol it was vanilla, let's not pretend you were utilizing 100% of your gcds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Lol it was vanilla, let's not pretend you were utilizing 100% of your gcds.
    But i was.

But i was.
    Then I guess you're better than people who were killing KT, then. Amazing.

Wasn't there a containment thread about flying in Legion? Why don't use it instead of littering the forum with new topics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The biggest pain in the ass in this game is doing shit zones like Suramar city where you have to walk on egg shells and RP that you're Solid Snake ever 5 seconds to avoid the "HNNNGHHH WHO GOEZ THERE?" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING GUYZ" bullshit, but once we get our artifact power and upgrades and shit why would I ever want to return ehre anyway? Why would i even do daily quests anymore anyway, expect for your rare upgrade and what not?

Why not give us lfying now? It won't change anything most the world is dying in activity now anyway since people finally realize the world quest logo is just another fancy word for "more daily quests that sound different but aren't that different overall"

Hell even the exploration argument is moot since there's exploits to fly around just enough for you to see the unreachable places in the game, so even if i get flying i've already seen everything that i couldn't as a ground mount peasant.
    Flying was so cancerous to the game because the made the zones feel so small and sparsely populated along with the death of world pvp.

once I have my 35th artifact trait on my secondary spec weapon and thus the first 5% damage bonus, I'm pretty much not going to consider doing another world quest until flying comes out.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The biggest pain in the ass in this game is doing shit zones like Suramar city where you have to walk on egg shells and RP that you're Solid Snake ever 5 seconds to avoid the "HNNNGHHH WHO GOEZ THERE?" "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING GUYZ" bullshit, but once we get our artifact power and upgrades and shit why would I ever want to return ehre anyway? Why would i even do daily quests anymore anyway, expect for your rare upgrade and what not?

Why not give us lfying now? It won't change anything most the world is dying in activity now anyway since people finally realize the world quest logo is just another fancy word for "more daily quests that sound different but aren't that different overall"

Hell even the exploration argument is moot since there's exploits to fly around just enough for you to see the unreachable places in the game, so even if i get flying i've already seen everything that i couldn't as a ground mount peasant.
    Gotta get to them spaceships somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Fun fact : there were no daily quests in vanilla.
    And there was no endless mob grinding.
    True there were no dailies, but there were repeatable quests like giving beads to the Timbermaw, handing in Twilight Texts to the Cennarion Circle and Scourgestones to the Argent Dawn. Or maybe you had the gear to grind the Scarlet Elites at Tyr's Hand hoping for the Crusader Enchant to drop to make some gold, or you wanted to make an epic robe and had to grind those Satyr in Felwood or Winterspring, or you were trying to get a full set of Twilight Cultist clothes to summon an elemental in the hope it would drop some not-too-shitty gear, or you ran a lot of dungeons getting mats to hand in to the Tier 3 guys for some Amulets of the Dawn to exchange for blues/epics.

Vanilla WoW offered you an absolute shit-load of mindless grinding, and that's just open-world/solo or 5-man content for the more casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    also not everybody hates suramar with a fiery passion of a thousand suns xD
    Yeah, for some people it's just 500 suns. >.>
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Speeding up My alts
    Speeding up My main
    Exploration and sense of freedom
    Finally being able to use the mounts I enjoy the most that look silly on the ground

Those = the points I see for flying, whenever it might arrive. If others see no reasons at all, then it's entirely optional to finish the requirements and just stay grounded.

I have no problem with flying being gated the way it is, in this or any expansion. Flight paths this time around are much better (unless you're a hunter trying to get to Meredil with your whistle *sulk*), so getting somewhere quickly isn't too much of a problem in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    also i find it sooooo unfortunate that the decided to have fell portals/fire/influences spread over the city
    I dunno. For a city where its leaders had voluntarily allied themselves with the Burning Legion, it was looking awfully pristine during the early part of the campaign. I'm surprised the entire place isn't a fel green crater by now.

It's still the case today.

No it is not. Gold is plentiful and you can simply buy raid consumables via AH or the mats. In Vanilla, mats were a precious commodity, there were a lot more consumables needed for raiding, and you pretty much had to spend hours farming them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    True there were no dailies, but there were repeatable quests like giving beads to the Timbermaw, handing in Twilight Texts to the Cennarion Circle and Scourgestones to the Argent Dawn. Or maybe you had the gear to grind the Scarlet Elites at Tyr's Hand hoping for the Crusader Enchant to drop to make some gold, or you wanted to make an epic robe and had to grind those Satyr in Felwood or Winterspring, or you were trying to get a full set of Twilight Cultist clothes to summon an elemental in the hope it would drop some not-too-shitty gear, or you ran a lot of dungeons getting mats to hand in to the Tier 3 guys for some Amulets of the Dawn to exchange for blues/epics.

Vanilla WoW offered you an absolute shit-load of mindless grinding, and that's just open-world/solo or 5-man content for the more casual players.
    Difference is you didn't need to do any of those things in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No it is not. Gold is plentiful and you can simply buy raid consumables via AH or the mats. In Vanilla, mats were a precious commodity, there were a lot more consumables needed for raiding, and you pretty much had to spend hours farming them all.
    Gold is plentiful only if you stayed subbed during WoD and played the garrison facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    And as we all know, Vanilla was perfect. In every (not one) way imaginable.
    I sure hope that was sarcasm. if not, I would suggest taking off those nostalgia goggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Didn't feel like checking wowhead,
    Then you only have yourself to blame for spending 45 minutes running around Suramar like a headless chicken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gold is plentiful only if you stayed subbed during WoD and played the garrison facebook game.
    I didn't come back to the game until the month before Legions release (Left in Cata). And I'm sitting on nearly a million gold and 200K in tokens after buying several for friends and guildies as X-mas gifts.

Gold is not difficult to come by.