Enchanting Materials

Hello!

One of my alts is an enchanter and I'm wondering what makes the most sense with handling materials. This is a character I don't expect to level until very late in the expansion (or not in this expansion at all). Given that:

1. Can a level 100 disenchant level 110 greens? If so, are there disenchant ranks or anything similar that would make disenchanting greens more beneficial at a higher character level, enchanting level or rank?

2. I'm sure it varies server to server, but in a general sense is it more lucrative to disenchant leveling greens or to vendor them outright? In the past this has varied per expansion. What's the general sense now? I'm swimming in leveling greens and would like to clear our some inventory, but in a manner that maximizes potential.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Hello!

One of my alts is an enchanter and I'm wondering what makes the most sense with handling materials. This is a character I don't expect to level until very late in the expansion (or not in this expansion at all). Given that:

1. Can a level 100 disenchant level 110 greens? If so, are there disenchant ranks or anything similar that would make disenchanting greens more beneficial at a higher character level, enchanting level or rank?

2. I'm sure it varies server to server, but in a general sense is it more lucrative to disenchant leveling greens or to vendor them outright? In the past this has varied per expansion. What's the general sense now? I'm swimming in leveling greens and would like to clear our some inventory, but in a manner that maximizes potential.
    1. Yes. No ranks.
    2. Seems very inconsistent for me. I mean it seems very random, might get 2 dusts from some 40G item and then next you get 4 dusts from some 20G item. That being said, it is probably better to dust the items unless arkhana sells like under 10G/each in your server.

Deleted
    Dust it and use it to level your enchanting.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    I'm sure it varies server to server, but in a general sense is it more lucrative to disenchant leveling greens or to vendor them outright? In the past this has varied per expansion. What's the general sense now? I'm swimming in leveling greens and would like to clear our some inventory, but in a manner that maximizes potential.
    Personally I just DE everything. Unless the price of arkhana is REALLY low on your server (still ~25g a piece on mine) it's almost always worth it.