Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Earth isn't round. More fake news at eleven.
    Just so we're all clear because you don't do /s very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataya View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...l_green&wpmm=1

I don't know if I want to laugh or cry.
    wow, what a dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Climate science is a joke. In order for the math to work on climate science, you must cherry pick data you like and ignore the data that disagrees with your opinion. I have never lost a debate with a climate crazy. They ultimately shut up when I present the truth that climate change is a lie, or ultimately adopt my position.

So, you know, he's not wrong... Climate science IS like flat earth theory.
    Literally nothing you've said here even approaches the truth. You may want to try having actual science backing you, rather than just straight-up lying like that. Because that's what you're doing, here. Lying.

Climate science is a joke. In order for the math to work on climate science, you must cherry pick data you like and ignore the data that disagrees with your opinion. I have never lost a debate with a climate crazy. They ultimately shut up when I present the truth that climate change is a lie, or ultimately adopt my position.

Of course and pizzgate is real so are lizard men.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well good thing I'm an American. Where is my poll phone call?
    Russian isn't American.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    We are going to drill, end of discussion. We are going to cut timber, we are going to mine coal and every other thing in our ground. You don't like it?, leave.
    Or we can go Bundy on them. That's an option you'll support, right?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account

I've seen you post, that's not why they stop talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I thought 'spirit diner'-gate was more fun. You should (or not) read some of the stuff people came up with. I've seen some demented horror movies, but this shit was out of this world. Start from the content of the bath water Clinton used for her powers. I kid you not...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    9/11 was done by the Germans as revenge for WWII!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I thought 'spirit diner'-gate was more fun. You should (or not) read some of the stuff people came up with. I've seen some demented horror movies, but this shit was out of this world. Start from the content of the bath water Clinton used for her powers. I kid you not...
    They are pretty much the same thing anyway.

But remember, that Biden/Obama friendship bracelet, its proof that they are both pedos fucking little boys/girls!!!!!1!

The complete disconnect from reality going on in the republican party is outstanding, Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Torton View Post
    What bible do you use? - You do know there a so many variants now, that to talk about "THE BIBLE" is naive. Either way I assume it's one of a few dusin that is more common in the West. Check Isaiah 40:22 please, while the term "round" is not entirely correct, it does say it's a circle and not a sphere. Unless you use one of the more obscure ones, it will say something like: He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.

Futhermore the only reason flat-earthers exist today is that they believe strictly in what they see as god's words...

Bye!

Ps. Saying that there is no evidence for climate change is at best being a moron, saying that man has nothing to do with it in any way, is to wear rose colored glasses
    That is true. I am LDS. And no, in the article he clearly states that climate change is a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Your interpretation of your link seriously makes me wonder who you classify as scientists. Because you have to reach back to an era when people had basically no clue how anything worked to find scholars who thought it was flat (including some Christians, by the way), and even then the Greek's had already figured this shit out long before the first century AD.

But regardless of whatever dubious classification that you use, does it never strike you guys as extremely silly to compare scholars from pre-Islam and pre-Newton with modern scientists? Hell, it's pretty darn silly to even compare scientists of Newton's era with scientists now. The standards are different, the background knowledge is leagues more advanced. The analytical and experimental tools and methods aren't even comparable. We have computers now that can do computations and simulations humans never could. What the guy in the OP's article is doing is basically comparing a Boeing triple 7 with the Wright flyer in a serious manner.

If they want to be skeptical, they're welcome to be proper skeptics (which involves actually making an effort to learn the science and the principles behind it), instead of making stupid comparisons.
    You obviously didn't read the first page of responses. There was no comparison of modern day scientists and scientists thousands of years or even 100s of years ago. People CLEARLY implied scientists forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    First, no. Still wrong, the only shape used is round. The original language of the Bible does not have a word for sphere itself, but could have used ball. The Bible does not say the Earth was a sphere, that is what people now attempt to justify what the Bible says. The only sources that claim the Bible says the Earth is a sphere are sources arguing for the scientific literacy of the Bible and guess what? Those sources are not valid. All the Bible says about the shape of the earth is round. And that term used historical was for circles not spheres at the time.

Second, good job responding to it point by point rather than read the full post. As in point 3, I even mention the few scientists.

Third, yes, the internet uses click bait for responses ... so what? This is nothing new. I don't know why click bait gets so much crap as it is nothing new.
    You mean people trying to correct misinformation and reasoning from people like you? Are you that arrogant that you can't even see a response as reasoning to why I posted the link, not reasoning to you being wrong? And yes, there is a problem with click bait articles and is the reasoning behind another thread that exists right now of the ignorance of people using misinformed titles as a way to argue and not even reading what they use as a source to argue otherwise. Holy shit the ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Feels before reals these days. Absolutely ass backwards that it's becoming acceptable to deny science. Oh sorry I mean be "skeptical". Don't question their logic though, that hurts their feels and makes them not feel smart.
    Pretty much this. I don't bother with those type of people anymore though. They make me feel sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    The complete disconnect from reality going on in the republican party is outstanding, Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.
    Not really, Reagan used the same feels over reals tact when dealing with the Farm Crisis. The industry was doing both, cheering what Reagan has done, while being in plight during all the Farm Aid charity drives as a result. It's a running joke, the last great entry to it was "keep government out of Medicare", then the joke just became feelity (TM)... like reality, but 100% feels...

Might also be a fatality variant in Mortal Kombat... Feelity, where after you performe it, your opponent does a random fatality, but you get to still win the match.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Meh, at the end of the day is there a difference between belief and action?

Obama did close to nothing on climate change.

If it is such a grave concern why so little action on it?
    Are you serious? Barack Obama's full speech at Paris climate summit

I mean you are seriously trying to downplay Trump willfully going in the opposite direction. ...at least Obama did anything in a positive direction.

I don't understand why anyone is defending Trump for this shit. How can anyone think any of this is ok? Is your Taxes really that important, (protip: your tax isnt going to get better, only rich CEO's are getting tax breaks, the rest of the country is going to pay for those tax breaks) ... Trump is exactly what Trump voters were voting against when they said they hated Hillary. The things he is doing is exactly what they didn't want. He wont save jobs. He will just make it easier to stay rich as hell. And The Trickle down... still wont happen, it hasnt happened in 100 years. When the rich get breaks, they keep all of it.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Fun fact, scientists never actually believed the earth was flat. So, yeah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
    Shh don't scare the kids with the truth.

Maybe if it were on CNN or NBC they might believe it
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

I don't think many people here would argue in favour of the flat earth ever being a scientific theory,

Bullshit. Every discussion I've had with you ends with me asking you to provide evidence for the nonsense in your signature, and you never respond. You're the one that ultimately shuts up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    You obviously didn't read the first page of responses. There was no comparison of modern day scientists and scientists thousands of years or even 100s of years ago. People CLEARLY implied scientists forever.
    The implied similarity of the quality of evidence in favor of climate change with that of flat earth or earth as center, is a comparison of scientists.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen you post, that's not why they stop talking.
    And people don't even stop responding to him, he's almost always the one that stops responding. It's almost as if he thinks that if he doesn't look, then other people's posts aren't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    And people don't even stop responding to him, he's almost always the one that stops responding. It's almost as if he thinks that if he doesn't look, then other people's posts aren't there.
    I don't use people not responding as a sign of anything. It's a nice ego boost, but it doesn't actually mean anything. If I don't respond, there are really only option... I'm doing something else, which has nothing to do with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

Why would CNN or NBC say flat earth is a scientific concept? Strange reply is strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You're just whining. Meanwhile energy rates to customers will be cheaper year after year. Nobody is stopping you from using green alternatives.

Which has nothing to do with what I said about Exxon's role in climate change denial:

In early July, The Guardian reported that Exxon Mobil Corp., "the world's biggest oil company, knew as early as 1981 of climate change – seven years before it became a public issue, according to a newly discovered email from one of the firm's own scientists. Despite this the firm spent millions over the next 27 years to promote climate denial."

Two months later, the online publication InsideClimate News (along with a short film from PBS's Frontline) followed up its own report on that email with a multi-part series, The Road Not Taken, which was described as an eight-month investigation into the history of:

"Exxon's engagement with the emerging science of climate change. The story spans four decades, and is based on primary sources including internal company files dating back to the late 1970s, interviews with former company employees, and other evidence, much of which is being published here for the first time.

It describes how Exxon conducted cutting-edge climate research decades ago and then, without revealing all that it had learned, worked at the forefront of climate denial, manufacturing doubt about the scientific consensus that its own scientists had confirmed." ...
    http://www.npr.org/sections/ombudsma...climate-change

There are several other articles and interviews as well, such as this one with David Kaiser (December 15, 2016: Hour 2): http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510051/here-x26-now

Perhaps after Exxon's most recent excuse fails in court (that the Rockefeller Foundation is unfairly out to get them), they can float your BS above as a defense?

I'll bet even their sharp corporate lawyers hadn't thought of that one yet - "Hey let's tell the court that they're just whining...and they can go buy some solar panels...".

Climate deniers: it's time to Shut. The Fuck. Up. You'll have better luck trying to find Jimmy Hoffa's body.

However, it might be more useful to get through your thick skulls that you've been lied to for 40 years AND that you were stupid enough to believe it.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-12-16 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I have a baseball bat that says otherwise.
    and what exactly do you plan to do with it?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Wow. 50.

And the first one is a botanist.
    Gee I wonder how plants contribute to C02

We do know.

And seriously, climate changing without humans doesn't mean humans can't affect it. Things can have more than one cause, guys.

This sort of logic would imply that I can't cause a fruit to fall off a tree by hitting the tree, because gravity is known to cause fruit to fall off trees.
    Exactly. We have enough nukes to wipe out life as we know it, we can sure as hell influe6 the environment in subtle but accumulating ways too.