Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Protect Ring Accessory (Ring of Resistance - DISABLES MAGICAL FRIENDLY FIRE)

YES!
    Yay I didn't see that listed previously. Guess I should unlock the third accessory slot then, sort of annoying that wasn't an option in settings though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, that protect ring is for the paid version of the DLC only...that's incredibly lame : (
    Also agreed... I mean I have the season pass but it's too awesome of a thing to have locked behind another paywall

I know I've sinned man. The whole MMO champion community who despise FF13 and those who like it are gonna come down on me like a ton of bricks.
    Hey, I'll help you hold up those bricks. I'll shit all over the dozen hour tutorial and the painfully stupid story/dialogue of the game, but I'll still call out XIII/XIII-2 as having the best damn combat system of any FF game that I've played so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, I'll help you hold up those bricks. I'll shit all over the dozen hour tutorial and the painfully stupid story/dialogue of the game, but I'll still call out XIII/XIII-2 as having the best damn combat system of any FF game that I've played so far.
    Love you Edge <3. I loved the Paradigm system as well personally. Was like having the old job system back in a way. Jobs are part of the reason 5 is my all time favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Am I talking to a wall here? I said multiple times that the game works "worse" than it *could* not that it works "worse" than on PS3/PS4.

I gave you a reason as to why that is the case too, and Elecc even agrees with that

The console version did limit it - even if it didn't "limit it" (as in "physically") - it's still 100%, completely designed with a controller in mind and I have to look at, and use, commands that would be/are completely unnecessary with mouse and keyboard.

And no, you don't know what I'm saying, you still don't get it.
    And no, FFXIV doesn't play "great" on KB&M... WoW does, FFXIV doesn't. You can play it with KB&M though, but it's clearly not optimized because it would make the game look different on each platfrom, it's also worth mentioning that encounter design/long GCDs are probably due to the limiting controls of consoles/controllers too, so the gameplay is affected too.
    PS3 limited FFXIV not because it was a console specifically but because it has lower end specifications. Since FFXIV plays across PS3, PS4 and PC....it has to work on all three, so because it still supports PS3 it has to work within the confines of what the hardware itself can take. Once PS3 they no longer support PS3, that limitation will be gone.

WoW and FFXIV, in my experience, play almost identically when using a M+KB so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. The little idiosyncrasies like having to click an item before handing it to an NPC for a quest have more to do with a design choice and aren't specifically a console limitation, but I play FFXIV and WoW with the exact same hotbar set-up (3 bars with 12 buttons each, hot keyed to 1 through =, with alt and ctrl used as modifiers, and clickable hotbars on the side for mounts and non rotational abilities or items).

I might be a little late to the conversation, but the last two pages your posts simply sound like bashing and provide very little in the way of objective evidence to support your position and the "evidence" you just used doesn't even hold up so either your position is BS or you are doing an absolutely terrible job and making your point.

OT: I enjoyed FFXV, finished the story without doing a lot of side story stuff as I just got impatient and wanted to see the story and expand the game to the point of being fully explorable but those later rapid fire chapters kind of just carried me right up to the final chapter without much warning. If they introduce a NG+ option, I'll definitely go back and revisit a lot of the side stuff, but as of now I just don't feel that compelled to keep playing as the side story content I did, while fun, really did just feel like side content so it's not super important to me.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2016-12-16 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also agreed... I mean I have the season pass but it's too awesome of a thing to have locked behind another paywall
    They deserve a good zap to the ass sometimes though.

I'm finishing up the last 3 trophies now, basically fishy, runny, and cooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

just finished my runny today. that gives me all my trophies. 100 gameplay hours later, I have to say, while there were annoyances, I would at least rate it as a good final fantasy. Not the best, far from the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

finished survival second by just walking to hunts and objectives as painful as that was because i sure as hell wasn't going to do it last

cause if i tried to it never would have gotten done

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm legit curious, is it actually possible in real life to fish out a 75kg fish with a dinky rod?
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-12-16 at 10:02 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering the same after seeing someone catch a 230 pound fish in FFXV, but apparently people have caught even bigger fish than that with rod and reel IRL.

Google tells me there have even been 1000+kg sharks being caught by rod and reel, which, I have no idea how the heck that'd be possible, but if it's a documented record, I guess it's true

Here is an article about catching a 416 pounds Arapaima, which is the largest fish you can catch in FFXV. http://www.wideopenspaces.com/world-...ught-fly-pics/

I need to further clarify on how I feel about the endgame maze dungeons....

Whoever designed them needs to go die in a fucking fire. Seriously. They're not hard....just fucking long, annoying, and underwhelming. The endgame dungeons in FF15 should be the example for all devs on how to NOT make a dungeon. These are probably the laziest and worst endgame form of content I've ever experienced. Ever. Some of them DO NOT need to have 30+ floors to them. It serves ZERO purpose other than to inflate your playtime at endgame.

Seriously, fuck those annoying and time consuming dungeons. They could have made them 1/3 the length but made them more interesting and challenging in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I need to further clarify on how I feel about the endgame maze dungeons....

Whoever designed them needs to go die in a fucking fire. Seriously. They're not hard....just fucking long, annoying, and underwhelming. The endgame dungeons in FF15 should be the example for all devs on how to NOT make a dungeon. These are probably the laziest and worst endgame form of content I've ever experienced. Ever. Some of them DO NOT need to have 30+ floors to them. It serves ZERO purpose other than to inflate your playtime at endgame.

Seriously, fuck those annoying and time consuming dungeons. They could have made them 1/3 the length but made them more interesting and challenging in the process.
    LMAO, dude thinks the 30 floor ones are bad.

Crestholme is 50 floors, Steyliff is 100 floors and Castlemark has 60 floors but doesn't allow item usage at all.

Unnecessary grind gates on end game content is new to you in FF games? Maybe confused since hitting 99 is a joke, but the actual grind is fucking 4 hour+ dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    can you save the game while in a dungeon? I certainly cannot play for 3-4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    can you save the game while in a dungeon? I certainly cannot play for 3-4 hours
    There are camps every 10 or so floors in those dungeons that your game will auto save when you rest at.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh ok then

I am 36 hours in, level 35-ish just got the car back from the empire's base.

I feel that they put a lot of work in the game, huge map to explore, a lot of things to find and a admire.
    But it just feels somehow empty, maybe because of the story, I don't know.

Noct's attitude is always 'meh whatever', does not seam... fitting. He's not very... complex? I don't know.

I know I'm a freak when I say that I enjoyed XIII more, the story but mostly the combat there was to my liking. I could customize my party, I could adapt and change my play style.

I will put a few more hours in, maybe the story picks up, or I start to enjoy it more, but for now it just brings good memories from XIII and XIII-2 (memories that may not be... correct, since a lot of time has passed and they may be altered).

I know I'm a freak when I say that I enjoyed XIII more, the story but mostly the combat there was to my liking. I could customize my party, I could adapt and change my play style.
    Not really, XIII reviewed and sold better. By every measurable metric it is the better game. It also felt like a complete game which XV does not.

eh ok then

I am 36 hours in, level 35-ish just got the car back from the empire's base.

I feel that they put a lot of work in the game, huge map to explore, a lot of things to find and a admire.
    But it just feels somehow empty, maybe because of the story, I don't know.

Noct's attitude is always 'meh whatever', does not seam... fitting. He's not very... complex? I don't know.

I will put a few more hours in, maybe the story picks up, or I start to enjoy it more, but for now it just brings good memories from XIII and XIII-2 (memories that may not be... correct, since a lot of time has passed and they may be altered).
    Meh you enjoy what you enjoy. Don't let anyone ever tell you no different. My favourite FF game personally is 5.

The soundtrack is just amazing, even if the fight was piss easy, I had the chill the entire time yesterday listening to the epic music fighting Leviathan

Meh you enjoy what you enjoy. Don't let anyone ever tell you no different. My favourite FF game personally is 5.
    Mine is FF7

I am a big FF7 fan lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    VII and VIII for me were a blur, I was in high school when VIII came.
    I met my better half when I was playing XIII.