Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    If you use more of a subscription than someone else should they charge you more? I see lots of people who cant put their bags in the storage areas because people use that up too. Maybe we should also charge them more.
    Yes, we should. Including airplane seating space. And I am saying this as a 300lb woman! So no bias here.

If you use more of a subscription than someone else should they charge you more? I see lots of people who cant put their bags in the storage areas because people use that up too. Maybe we should also charge them more.
    Subscription ≠ Using too much space while flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    you really honestly think that if you use more of something, in this case AIRPLANE SPACE, that you should NOT be charged more??
    I have to ask you and everyone else here making similar comments. How do you feel about net neutrality? Should heavy net users be required to pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    We knew he'd get around to a veiled fat shaming thread eventually.

OT: Honestly, they should just have a section of larger seats.
    Best part is he/she literally just posted about cyberbullying of a girl that killed herself. Guess what the people were calling her? That's right fat.

I think BadmintonPro has me blocked because every time I counter an argument with logic and facts and evidence, there is 0 response:

"I wouldn't want to visit England since the rapes there make me glad I live in Canada" paraphrased, but the essential meaning and then wham hit with hard facts that Canada has higher rates of sexual assault....silence.
    "Everyone who says racist hate speech in Canada gets arrested" BLM Canada leaders spout kill whitey or white people are genetic scum on twitter with links and.....silence.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Lose weight... then you won't have to pay for 2 seats and be healthier and save on food
    ZERO sympathy for self inflicted fatness. "Oh no its my conditions, I got fat by eating too much fruit" (a poster on this board actually claimed this once, much to everyone's amusement.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Because weight is subjective? Do you honestly feel like a 240 pound man who is 6'4 should have to pay for 2 seats while a 220lb 5'0 female can get away with 1 seat?
    Actually, in your example, it should be the reverse. Weight is definitely subjective, however, and a person flying should have the personal responsibility to make the right choice. If your body literally spills over into another seat, you need to recognize that and make further arrangements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tennisace fat shaming again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I have to ask you and everyone else here making similar comments. How do you feel about net neutrality? Should heavy net users be required to pay more?
    I already do. It's called a cap. Cox just implemented it in my area. If I use more then the cap, I am charged for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    Subscription ≠ Using too much space while flying.
    it's utilizing more than the "average" person. Either with space or not. As a tall person I hate having my knees pushing on the seat in front of me. A fix to that is to turn sideways so that I'm intruding the person next to me. There are better fixes than "Buy another seat". That's the attitude of someone who holds no value in money because they have too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    If you take up more than one seat, you should pay for more than one seat... I can see exceptions being made if you are that large due to a legitimate medical issue, but that is a very small fraction of the people that are that large.
    I could say this: Fighting the Incredible Shrinking Airline Seat

We can surely get into semantics about who is fat or not. The overall flying experience has been going to shit for many years.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Airlines are not responsible for accommodating your poor life choices. Flying next to an extremely overweight person is not comfortable, if you're large enough this becomes an issue and you can't fit in your seat without spilling over, you need to buy two seats. That's always an option. It's not as if airlines are saying ''no fat people.''

it's utilizing more than the "average" person. Either with space or not. As a tall person I hate having my knees pushing on the seat in front of me. A fix to that is to turn sideways so that I'm intruding the person next to me. There are better fixes than "Buy another seat". That's the attitude of someone who holds no value in money because they have too much.
    A subscription is still metered. You only get to consume in the time frame agreed upon. Want more time to consume? Pay more.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    This is a false analogy, just fyi.

Subscriptions costs is for using it. If you don't use it enough to justify the cost then you shouldn't get the subscription.

If you can't not intrude on other peoples space then you either pay for another seat or you refrain from flying.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    A subscription is not the same thing as a passenger seat on an airplane, just a heads up. It's a completely false analogy.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This is a false analogy, just fyi.
    its false because you actually do pay more based on your minimum speeds...how liberal can people be still amazes me every day.

someone shouldve removed care bears and teletubbies cuz i blame them

and here I thought this was about Wow flying being disabled... sigh....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    its false because you actually do pay more based on your minimum speeds...how liberal can people be still amazes me every day.

someone shouldve removed care bears and teletubbies cuz i blame them
    It's not false because of that, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    and here I thought this was about Wow flying being disabled... sigh....
    Lol, now that is a travesty.

This, and it's a pain in the ass as a tall person too. "Just buy 2 seats" is a terrible argument. Some people struggle to get money for a flight, and to double the cost is just a stupid solution.
    Either people that can't fit in seats have to pay extra or everybody does. Why put that cost on the people that do not require extra room?

I'm not even fat, but from lifting have wide shoulders which can intrude on others seats. I rarely (like twice in 10 years) ever fly, so the few times I do I try to make sure the other person has space. I couldn't imagine being 350+lbs and having most of my body overflowing into another seat.

I don't really have a problem with overweight people, it's their choice, not mine. But my parents are rather large, and my dad will always plan accordingly when he travels (half to over half of the year for work) to make sure that he isn't intruding on others. It's not a challenge to know you're not going to fit somewhere, and to adjust yourself, rather than assume everyone around you should adjust to you instead.
    Last edited by Droodid; 2016-12-16 at 08:48 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||