Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    You decide you are done when you feel full. I eat until I don't enjoy it anymore.
    So go see a psychologist because of your addiction then.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you can't fit on one seat, you should have to pay for two.

the charge shouldn't be based on weight though.
    dragonmaw - EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Airlines chose to make seats too small. They're the ones who should shoulder the burden of blame from all the whiny assholes, not a large portion of the population who had fuck-all to do with the situation.

And no, forcing people to buy two seats for being bigger than you is neither just nor fair.
    They're not forcing you to do anything, Southwest isn't Uncle Sam. Airlines don't have the power to force you to fly on their planes. It's a service. If you were being taxed to fund the airlines then you'd have an argument, but you're not so you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    if you can't fit on one seat, you should have to pay for two.

the charge shouldn't be based on weight though.
    It's not based on weight, it's based on size. I believe the rule of thumb is if you need more than 1 belt extender you need to buy another seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Saying people are fat because they enjoy food, is like saying people are addicted to drugs because they enjoy drugs. You're making an excuse for their problem. I enjoy food, I enjoy eating food. I can control my portions and know when to say no, rather than over eat because no one is telling me no. Have self control of your problem.
    Making an excuse is saying its OK to do it. I am not saying its OK. I am simply saying it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnerKD View Post
    It's not based on weight, it's based on size. I believe the rule of thumb is if you need more than 1 belt extender you need to buy another seat.
    i dont see an issue with that. If someone is taking up space another passenger could have used, they should have to pay for it.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    So go see a psychologist because of your addiction then.
    I have. I don't enjoy that as much as eating, however. =P I don't enjoy it at all, actually.

I have. I don't enjoy that as much as eating, however. =P
    If you don't want to change then you are in no place to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I eat until my plate is cleared. However I only give myself a portion I feel is considerate, and is enough for me to no longer be hungry. Being full to the point of feeling sluggish feels like it defeats the purpose of re-energizing with food.
    I never feel sluggish while eating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    If you don't want to change then you are in no place to complain.
    I was not complaining.

Making an excuse is saying its OK to do it. I am not saying its OK. I am simply saying it happens.
    That's still making an excuse. I don't get addicted to something then go "ehh it happens." Control yourself before it happens, don't wait for someone else to tell you.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

I powerlift. My weight fluctuates a lot, but it's usually in the area of 250lbs. I'm a very big guy and I take up a good chunk of room. I do my absolute best not to inconvenience anyone though. I don't put my arms in their area and I try and keep as compact as I can. I try and make the flight as comfortable as possible for people beside me, but it isn't going to the roomiest situation.

Remember, size can mean a lot of different things other than "fat".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Good for you and I agree 100%. At a minimum they should have asked you if it was OK. With maybe the exception that the standby person had a respectable emergency and needed to get to location X and not just "I want to get home early" I really don't understand how they are allowed to give away your seat without your consent.
    This was about six years ago, so some of the details are a bit hazy in my memory but it all basically played out after the fact. I wasn't informed about the change in seating until after I was seated (definitely wasn't asked if I was okay with it) and was instructed to contact the airline after I got back home. Getting off the plane wasn't an option and making a scene was -definitely- not an option. I suppose if I had made a legal issue of it perhaps the outcome would have been different, but I'd have then been out more money than the seat cost.

Thankfully I've flown a few times since then and that scenario never happened again, so all's well that ends well I suppose.

They could lose weight then it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    That's still making an excuse. I don't get addicted to something then go "ehh it happens." Control yourself before it happens, don't wait for someone else to tell you.
    Again, easier said then done when you don't enjoy "working out", but enjoy eating and have a "brain power" only job. Not impossible, sure. But def no motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never feel sluggish while eating.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not complaining.
    Good. You really shouldn't to where you have to take a nap afterward. My best friend does this. And it honestly makes me feel grossed out. He eats like an absolute glutton.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Tennisace fat shaming again!!
    These false accusations grow tiresome. I am simply highlighting a serious issue.

Deleted
    It's not only fat people, for the record. I'm 6'3, have broad shoulders due to competitive swimming for over 2 decades and I generally feel like shit when I'm flying, especially on smaller intra-Europe planes. While I have no issue buckling my seatbelt or anything, my knees are always pushing against the seat in front of me and unless I get an aisle seat and lean out (which is annoying with people running down the aisle, or the cabin crew pushing their cart around), my shoulders are always in the way of the passenger next to me.

I don't fear flying at all, in fact I absolutely love it (as long as it's a 2h flight max, longer than that and it becomes tedious, annoying and uncomfortable), but I always feel bad for the person sitting next to me.

Luckily for work I always travel business and the extra leg room does make a massive difference. I've started buying it on my personal flights as well, knowing it is overpriced as fuck.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-12-16 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    It's their fault they are fat (Usually, unless illness of some kind.), they should pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    If your body takes up part of the seat I paid for you should pay part of my fare.
    ....and nothing else should be said or questioned! Bottom line folks, this is the end of the movie, and have a safe trip home.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    Either people that can't fit in seats have to pay extra or everybody does. Why put that cost on the people that do not require extra room?
    I never said to put that cost on people.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnerKD View Post
    They're not forcing you to do anything, Southwest isn't Uncle Sam. Airlines don't have the power to force you to fly on their planes. It's a service. If you were being taxed to fund the airlines then you'd have an argument, but you're not so you don't.
    Way to think like a corporate sheep. They *want* people like you to think like that. You realize that, don't you? (Wait, don't bother: The answer is already apparent.)

And yes, they do force you to fly by conspiring together to insure that all of them offer the same "service." Yet people like you continue to put the blame on the innocent, rather than aiming your ire at the ones who are actually guilty -- the airlines.

Congratulations. You're the problem.