Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 7.1.5 release sooner than we think?

Developers said that they want about 10 weeks between minor release patches; so that would put patch 7.1.5 somewhere in the middle of January.
    They had also at other times said that Nighthold is expected to release a bit after 7.2 - so it isn't like their timelines seem to match what they indicate.

Given how long 7.1.5 has been on the PTR, is it possible that we might actually see it hit sometime mid-late December? They did also say that they don't want to drop a patch just as a new raid tier comes out. It 'would' make sense that they would want to give people at least 3-4 weeks with the rather large tuning changes that are coming with 7.1.5?

Thoughts?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the fact they went out of their way to say that 7.1.5 is not tied to Nighthold, I'm more tempted to think we're a ways off on 7.1.5.

Heck, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 7.1.5 turns into just part of 7.2 with the rate Blizz is waffling about on what to do with legendaries, stats, and class changes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    They've got Holidays @ Blizzard. So no, Decembre is totally impossible. 10th January would be the first possibility, but i wouldnt be surprised it would be 17th.

10th or 17th is a sure guess. 3rd would be too early.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the tuning stuff come out a week ahead of the raid opening, but they aren't going to drop a major tuning patch on december 20 or 27. Even the third of january seems unlikely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Given the fact they went out of their way to say that 7.1.5 is not tied to Nighthold, I'm more tempted to think we're a ways off on 7.1.5.

Heck, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 7.1.5 turns into just part of 7.2 with the rate Blizz is waffling about on what to do with legendaries, stats, and class changes.
    I actually disagree. I think Blizzard has had the legendary revamp in the works for weeks/months and only just unveiled it. Blizzard has a history of arguing a point extensively, then dropping a massive and clearly well-developed change of plans ostensibly out of the blue. With the amount of game rebalancing going on and the importance of Nighthold relative to EN and ToV, I definitely expect to see 7.1.5 out before entering Mythic Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    They had also at other times said that Nighthold is expected to release a bit after 7.2 - so it isn't like their timelines seem to match what they indicate.
    Yeah I'd need a quote here, cause I can't ever recall them stating that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah I'd need a quote here, cause I can't ever recall them stating that.
    Never happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    On the front page right now, the most recent update, there is a post that says that there is no correlation between the two dates, and that they are aiming to release Nighthold on Jan. 17. Because of the changes to the gear, I would expect them to release 7.1.5 before Nighthold or far after the release - because the gear is gonna be statted far differently once 7.1.5 drops, so it would be a bitch to deal with that right in the middle of progressing through a brand new tier raid.

Blizzard stated the devs would have the holiday's off. Essentially very little will happen in the near future. The old Blizzard would make it happen in December. Too much red tape nowadays ... customers 2nd or 3rd, first to themselves :P

7.1.5 in January? Perhaps. Mid to late is my guess. I would not be surprised to learn about a February release.

Deleted
    It will be the same date as Nighthold or earlier, not later.

Blue: "We wouldn't drop a patch with major class changes in the middle of a raid tier, as even we agree that would be silly."

here is the link to blue: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...-release-date/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post

Blue: "We wouldn't drop a patch with major class changes in the middle of a raid tier, as even we agree that would be silly."

That might as well mean , it will come out a week before nighthold. Tho that being said , i would prefer 7.1.5 in feb when they actually "fix" the classes and legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    That might as well mean , it will come out a week before nighthold. Tho that being said , i would prefer 7.1.5 in feb when they actually "fix" the classes and legendaries.
    Some of us are waiting on AK catchup for alts and could give a rats patooty about legendaries and class balance, the sooner the better. (and shadow is looking great so there's that too :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah - the 7.2 comment was about Tomb of Sargeras, not Nighthold.
    Even so, dropping 7.1.5 *after* Nighthold releases would technically be dropping it in the 'middle of a tier'. I am guessing early Jan seems likely.

No. Blizzard get's weeks off for the Holidays. I'm not even sure they are working this coming week. Based on that blue post, I'm gonna say they won't be. So it's not coming till next year. Sorry.

you could go 100% AFK from wow right now and come back in 30 days roughly and not lose anything if your main is semi geared. Just log into the phone app to keep the AK research flowing thats about it. Since nighthold will replace all this gear we have right now anyway lol.

January 3rd or 10th IMO

With the gear changes and class changes I would assume they release it on the 17th or a week or two before.

Deleted
    Developers said that they want about 10 weeks between minor release patches; so that would put patch 7.1.5 somewhere in the middle of January. They had also at other times said that Nighthold is expected to release a bit after 7.2 - so it isn't like their timelines seem to match what they indicate.
    WTF are you smoking???? Nighthold after 7.2???? Blizzard announced that Nighthold to Release on January 17th so at the ~ one week earlier will patch 7.1.5 land and two weeks later the first micro holiday starts.

Given how long 7.1.5 has been on the PTR, is it possible that we might actually see it hit sometime mid-late December?
    No, thats not possible at all cause Blizzard just went on holiday break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Blizzard stated the devs would have the holiday's off. Essentially very little will happen in the near future. The old Blizzard would make it happen in December.
    Oh please lil'blizzard basher stop posting this bs - blizzard devs have ALLWAYS taken a xmas holiday break.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post

we can put all informations together here, to get a clearer picture:

1) they said nighthold is 17th january
    2) they said the quote above
    3) ornyx said yesterday, blizzard employees start going holiday next week (short before xmas) and come back in new year (like most companies, they will close the doors for the 2 xmas/new year weeks).
    4) there must be at least (absolute minimum) 1 week before new raid tier, to check new class mechanics, respec, test, farm AP, do raid descissions, etc. (was always the case and will be here too, blizzard do not drop something like 7.1.5 on the same day as the new raid tier, never).

this leads us to the simple fact that 7.1.5 either is 10th january or months later, after nighthold, before tomb of sargeras.

simple as that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-12-17 at 04:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're mixing things up here. They said the Tomb of Sargeras, which is the next tier after Nighthold, is expected to release a bit after 7.2.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan