Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nearly 6 months in - Realm stats show horde in the lead @ 110

I suppose this doesn't surprise anyone here. I thought the night elven heavy lore theme of the broken isles in the highborne/nightborne/Nelves of Azsuna, Suramar and Val'sharah would have influenced more people to play alliance @110

• But we're still seeing a horde majority here.
    • Blood elves still the most played race in the game at max level
    • Night elves for the first time are more numerous than humans - that was a surprise
    • Demon hunters are the most played class amongst both elven groups
    • Demon hunters are the largest class at level 110 - I think this might be the first time a new class has taken the most played slot at max level.
    • Tauren are more played than Undead at max level

https://realmpop.com/eu.html

here's a snapshot taken for the EU realms.

Horde dominance continues at the largest and most played level.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-12-17 at 02:13 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok.

1 - How accurate is that website?
    2 - Being the Majority isn't that relevant with such a close gap between the Majority and the Minority. It's almost half!
    3 -What is "played"? I have an 110 Demon Hunter but he's gathering dust while my Shaman is going strong
    4 - I would be surprised if Demon Hunter was the most played class amongst Human groups.

Warlock's slice didn't even get a name, lol.

Calling it "horde dominance" might be overdoing it a bit if those charts are accurate.

What is the difference? 2-3%? It's pretty damn close to equal at least.

Not surprised night elf got more now since they are the only ones that can be dh on alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Made me laugh too lol, but to be fair, warlocks have always been a low pop class

The correlation here is pretty obvious. Elves on both sides are obviously going to be more popular than any other race right now. They're the only race that can be DH. New classes are always overplayed during their release expansion, hence DH being the most played class. The Tauren v Undead thing? That's barely comparable. The Horde v Alliance thing is not anything noteworthy. That fluctuates regularly. I suspect this website doesn't differentiate between time played and characters created.

And US side shows it's Alliance dominated?

Though 51.7% to 48.3% doesn't feel all that dominating.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

I also don't know how much I trust this site, our guild has been around for 10 years now and it and a large chunk of our toons don't show up in the list of guilds and players when I sort it, unless I'm missing thing.

On the link above, both Demon Hunter's and Death knights slice doesn't show a name, so I say it's just a spacing thing.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-12-17 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    This. Nice to be the underdogs again. That's class fantasy at max, nice Blizzard.

Deleted
    Horde has a narrow majority... would hardly call it "dominance". If it was something like 75% Horde and 25% Alliance I'd say yeah, there's a real problem. But the difference here is maybe 2-3% as Captain Douchebag (lol) pointed out. It would be more alarming if it was exactly 50/50. One faction is gonna have more, but if it's a very minor difference then that's great.

Of course more people would roll Blood Elves. /smh

Given the length of 7 characters you can see how it would not fit when you compare it to the priest and monk slices.
    If they bothered to do any other layout with the text perhaps it would have.

"slight" horde majority, not close to what I would call dominance.
    FOTE (flavour of the expansion) class is going to be popular, and with the restrictive race choices that again is an obvious result.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Blood elves still the most played race in the game at max level
    Night elves for the first time are more numerous than humans - that was a surprise
    Demon hunters are the most played class amongst both elven groups
    Demon hunters are the largest class at level 110 - I think this might be the first time a new class has taken the most played slot at max level.
    Really? I'd swear when wotlk started there were Death Knights left right and center, it subsided a bit after several months, but there were still plenty of them.

Monks were never really popular since 1) it wasn't a hero class and started at lvl 1 2) whole asian martial arts kung fu panda style repelled many players who are attracted to dark fantasy "cool" thematic like DK or DH.

DH are popular, they can be only created for 2 races so those 2 races will be popular, and more people gravitate towards Blood Elves than Night Elves. Blood Elves and Humans were always 2 most popular races, but hey, Humans can't be DH. That could sway many people to play a Belf DH instead.

The true test of time for DHs will come at least 1 year after implementation if not in the next expansion after Legion. Now it's still early to judge them, they're still fairly fresh and popular due to that.

Not even mentioning they start at 98 which is a big factor. Damnit, I made my first herb / alchy alt a DH for that reason. A fresh, high level char, with clean profession slate that I can put whatever I suddenly need without dropping profs on main? Sign me up.

Realmpop is an unreliable source anyway. The only information which the graphs surely say is there are more horde charakters as alliance ones. There is no method to see how many players/accounts there are behind nor if they are played constantly.

ye first thing I though as well... meh well we suck anyways as a class

Horde continues to be the Blood Elf faction. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a full 4 months in
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

6 months? In what reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrebulous View Post
    Horde continues to be the Blood Elf faction. lol
    It always was since their addition in TBC. A handful of hardcore min-maxers picked orcs or trolls or whatever was the fotm racial while the majority of casuals picked the pretty sexy blood elves.

That was the whole reason why they were added in TBC to even the numbers between alliance and horde because horde was played less.

7+ Year Old Account
    therei sn o way that is accuraute, when a new class comes out it is usually rather low on the max level sense, as most people stick to their mains
    some will reroll Dh but not all
    so there is no way Dh the new class, that only has 2 race options is the highest now
    OR that warlock is below monk, as monk has allways been by far the furthest down played class
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-12-17 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content